• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is This a Great Picture?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Davis criticism is too much here.

I don't know; Davis didn't have a Vernon Davis type year. His performance dipped a little. He deserves a little criticizm. Of course anyone who says he's not a great TE is full of crap because he is. Worth every dollar the Niners gave him. Maybe not the best in the NFL but he's still a great one...

By the way I wouldn't be opposed to using a high pick on a TE or signing a borderline starter this offseason if Walker leaves (about which I'm currently ambivalent). It's gonna be important to have 2 good receiving TEs just like it's important to have 2 good RBs & 3 good CBs & even 3 good pass rushers.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It shows a lack of coordination. If his feet are in the air he doesn't have to worry about what the lower half of his body is doing; in fact he can just go limp in his legs & feet for a split second when he catches the ball & it wouldn't affect his ability to catch it.

It does, however, affect his ability to go anywhere with it. I've always said Davis should do dancing in the offseason to help with his foot placement, balance & coordination as long as he doens't take lessons from Victor Cruz. :)

Hell, that is as good an explanation as I have heard from anyone. I thought that maybe he gets the 'bouncies' when he runs and he jumps to correct the multi-vision.

Yeah, once you leave the ground it is tough to impossible to regain that momentum.

LOL on the Cruz comment...Not a fan of salsa, huh?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hell, that is as good an explanation as I have heard from anyone. I thought that maybe he gets the 'bouncies' when he runs and he jumps to correct the multi-vision.

Yeah, once you leave the ground it is tough to impossible to regain that momentum.

LOL on the Cruz comment...Not a fan of salsa, huh?

On the contrary! Salsa's a great dance. I do a little myself. Victor Cruz, on the other hand, does some bastard cousin of Salsa (which is good enough for a TD celebration I guess).

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On the contrary! Salsa's a great dance. I do a little myself. Victor Cruz, on the other hand, does some bastard cousin of Salsa (which is good enough for a TD celebration I guess).

Bastard Cousin!! - LMAO!!! I have yet to learn Salsa but it is on my bucket list!

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Relax Willie, we just think he looks funny jumping for a thigh high pass.

He has been called a bad TE here many times.
He and Crabtree are open targets but early in the year if you said anything negative about Alex Smith you were threatened with censorship by moderators and yelled down by the rest of the bunch here.

FWIW- the pass looks to be above his waist.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Zing!

The Robot would be an impressive TD celebration. 10 times harder than Salsa!

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know; Davis didn't have a Vernon Davis type year. His performance dipped a little. He deserves a little criticizm. Of course anyone who says he's not a great TE is full of crap because he is. Worth every dollar the Niners gave him. Maybe not the best in the NFL but he's still a great one...

By the way I wouldn't be opposed to using a high pick on a TE or signing a borderline starter this offseason if Walker leaves (about which I'm currently ambivalent). It's gonna be important to have 2 good receiving TEs just like it's important to have 2 good RBs & 3 good CBs & even 3 good pass rushers.

I appreciate that post and I agree he isn't the best but he is damn good at a lot of things.
His numbers might be down a bit but he is playing in an offense that ranked 29th in passing yards this year.
I am OK with plugging in a body at the other TE position to get deeper at WR.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He has been called a bad TE here many times.
He and Crabtree are open targets but early in the year if you said anything negative about Alex Smith you were threatened with censorship by moderators and yelled down by the rest of the bunch here.

FWIW- the pass looks to be above his waist.

Really? I guess we all look at it differently. To me it seemed that criticism and saying he was nothing more than a back up was the norm then. People laughed at you for prediciting Smith was going to have a good year.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Really? I guess we all look at it differently. To me it seemed that criticism and saying he was nothing more than a back up was the norm then. People laughed at you for prediciting Smith was going to have a good year.

Who predicted that?

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I did. You could see the improvement in the latter part of last season and then bringing in a professional as the head coach instead of amateurs like SIngletary and Nolan. I knew he'd do well.

Hmmm, I don't recall that. What kind of a good year did you predict him having?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

About the type of year he had. Top 10 or 12 QBs in the league. I thought he'd get a little more help though from guys who turnd out to be non-existant like Braylon Edwards, Delanie Walker and Ted Ginn.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shows a lack of coordination. If his feet are in the air he doesn't have to worry about what the lower half of his body is doing; in fact he can just go limp in his legs & feet for a split second when he catches the ball & it wouldn't affect his ability to catch it.

It does, however, affect his ability to go anywhere with it. I've always said Davis should do dancing in the offseason to help with his foot placement, balance & coordination as long as he doens't take lessons from Victor Cruz. :)

Whenever I stumble I jump rather than try to land the other foot. I figure I can land from a jump better because I naturally know how to land from a jump. But if I'm stumbling, I don't know whether I will misstep again and just fall.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can vouch for that. I heard him saying he was quite interested in what Harbaugh could do with him and thought he could turn in a pretty decent year. I didn't read every one of his posts so I can't say he spoke with more certain nor could I say that he didn't hedge his bets along the way.

I thought he'd do well and think he'll do well going forward. I say that because I am biased towards him due to my ties to Utah. I am biased towards USC players, too. I thought any offensive minded coach would help Alex, Harbaugh was more than icing on the cake.

9er4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wish my wallet was as stiff as Vernon's....

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice- the patented Vernon "jump catch".