• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is This a Great Picture?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps someone could post a link to a site showing that he led the league in drops one week four years ago to illustrate their point about his abilities.

Or I could post a few links to show that he has been in the top quarter of the league in drops every season for the last four seasons, to show that his lack of NATURAL CATCHING ABILITY hurts at times.

Your love affair of Davis in kind of weird. Any time somebody points out Davis' shortcomings you jump all defensive, as well as bring up old shit that you obviously still have no idea what the point of the conversation was.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know; Davis didn't have a Vernon Davis type year. His performance dipped a little. He deserves a little criticizm. Of course anyone who says he's not a great TE is full of crap because he is. Worth every dollar the Niners gave him. Maybe not the best in the NFL but he's still a great one...

By the way I wouldn't be opposed to using a high pick on a TE or signing a borderline starter this offseason if Walker leaves (about which I'm currently ambivalent). It's gonna be important to have 2 good receiving TEs just like it's important to have 2 good RBs & 3 good CBs & even 3 good pass rushers.

Why would Walker leave this off season,he's not a free agent?
49ers 2012 Free Agents: Let The Offers Begin - Niners Nation

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Harbs will try and get Cody fleener? Since Walker could possibly leave once his contract is up after next year.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the criticism is about things Vernon Davis can control or do better, such as dropping passes that hit him in the hands and catching a ball about a yard inbounds and not worrying about stepping out of bounds before he controls the ball.

It's not like people criticize Vernon Davis or Crabtree because Alex Smith throws the ball 5 yards ahead of them or 3 yards behind them... in the same way that people jump on Smith's shit because these two guys drop passes that hit them in the hands.

Besides, I think most of us just find it funny that he jumps for passes that are roughly waist high.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At least the criticism is about things Vernon Davis can control or do better, such as dropping passes that hit him in the hands and catching a ball about a yard inbounds and not worrying about stepping out of bounds before he controls the ball.

It's not like people criticize Vernon Davis or Crabtree because Alex Smith throws the ball 5 yards ahead of them or 3 yards behind them... in the same way that people jump on Smith's shit because these two guys drop passes that hit them in the hands.

Besides, I think most of us just find it funny that he jumps for passes that are roughly waist high.

Yep, that's all it was. I saw the picture and laughed because this is what we always talk about with Davis.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can vouch for that. I heard him saying he was quite interested in what Harbaugh could do with him and thought he could turn in a pretty decent year. I didn't read every one of his posts so I can't say he spoke with more certain nor could I say that he didn't hedge his bets along the way.

I thought he'd do well and think he'll do well going forward. I say that because I am biased towards him due to my ties to Utah. I am biased towards USC players, too. I thought any offensive minded coach would help Alex, Harbaugh was more than icing on the cake.

Thank you MHS.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VD and this whole offense is gonne be better next year, especially with a full offseason!

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Or I could post a few links to show that he has been in the top quarter of the league in drops every season for the last four seasons, to show that his lack of NATURAL CATCHING ABILITY hurts at times.

Your love affair of Davis in kind of weird. Any time somebody points out Davis' shortcomings you jump all defensive, as well as bring up old shit that you obviously still have no idea what the point of the conversation was.

Weird that I love a great 49er player? I won't apologize for that but thanks for your concern pal.

My comment on the drops links is in regard to a link posted by someone here titled VERNON DAVIS LEADS THE LEAGUE IN DROPS and the poster cited numbers from the link as current stats. It turned out that the link was from mid season years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

9er4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The dude I told you about is named Wayne Denton and he went to West Waterloo.

That's the same school that I went to, what year did he graduate? The name doesn't sound familiar. He said he was some kind of stud RB or something?

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like people think Smith got unfairly criticized for all those years, I think VD and Crabtree get too much heat here at times and I guess that makes me sound defensive.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
People are critical of Crabby because of the pick the Niners used on him not his performance on the field. He's gradually getting better though (maybe the foot is better).

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Weird that I love a great 49er player? I won't apologize for that but thanks for your concern pal.

My comment on the drops links is in regard to a link posted by someone here titled VERNON DAVIS LEADS THE LEAGUE IN DROPS and the poster cited numbers from the link as current stats. It turned out that the link was from mid season years ago.

Oh shit, that was you. No wonder why you jumped on my shit. I think you thought you were posting current stats and a link to a current article until I called you on it but whatever. Water under the bridge.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
People are critical of Crabby because of the pick the Niners used on him not his performance on the field. He's gradually getting better though (maybe the foot is better).

I think a lot of it was the foot.
Most of us have moved on from Alex Smith being criticized because he was the #1 pick and chosen over Rogers, perhaps it is time to give Crabtree the same courtesy?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird that I love a great 49er player? I won't apologize for that but thanks for your concern pal, it means a lot to me.

Yeah, pretty creepy if I might add. Anytime anyone says the slightest thing about him you take it to heart and argue uncontrollably about everyone else being wrong about a statistical fact that's in your face. Then to top it off, you hold grudges about FACTS that were said about your love affair that makes you bring up subtle shit from time to time, twist the point to try and make everyone else the crazy one. I have to call you out on this one, you know that's bullshit.

Every person on this message board is huge fans of every single person on this team, just because we don't beat off to their posters on the wall like you do doesn't mean that we're not huge fans.
:loco2:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit, that was you. No wonder why you jumped on my shit. I think you thought you were posting current stats and a link to a current article until I called you on it but whatever. Water under the bridge.

Proves my point right there that you just argue uncontrollably about things you have no idea of.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The link proved my point even more to the original poster that I was talking to that said VD would be the greatest te ever if he had Brady. I was explaining to him that he drops the ball too much, every season. He's always been in the top 1/4 of the league in drops. Even during the draft process that was one of the knocks on him.