• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the Golden State dynasty over?

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are about 5 or teams KD will seriously consider.

Kawhi and LeBron went with teams who had the supporting pieces around them to contend, where they were the piece that put the team over the top.

KD will be the lead dog anywhere he chooses as long as he avoids the Warriors and the Lakers.

Even combining with a player like Anthony Davis or Kyrie he will be the guy

It would be by far smarter for him if he avoids to pair with any of Davis, Irving or Leonard now or in the future...

kwahi in particular, he should avoid as hell to team up with, because they now have completely different and opposite tasks for their remaining career...

Kwahi will want to move to a big market team now that he has nothing more to prove if he would remain with the Raps, while with Durant it's exactly the opposite... he has won with Carry next to him, but not with a team like the Raptors were before Kwahi...

That said, he should avoid as hell joining the Raptors also, simply because if he fails to win the title with them, his fame will then be overshadowed by Kwahi's for ever...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's assume Toronto closes this out, the most likely outcome KD or no.

Lots of hot takes about this being it, it's done for good.

Let's look at things:

1. While some dynasties ended in a lost Finals (2004, 2014), sometimes a team loses but then comes back and wins another or two (1980s Lakers and Celtics for example).

2. KD might not leave. Before this series the narrative looked pretty solid, oh look they don't even need him, they play better without him, took care of Portland no problem, KD needs to go be wanted elsewhere. This series has changed that completely. He is obviously needed and the best player on the team, maybe that changes his plans (which I doubt he ever really had decided yet). And is there some perfect scenario for him elsewhere? The Clippers? The Knicks with that shitshow management? If he comes back obviously they are still rolling.

3. Even if he does leave, it's not like they turn to shit. They just go from being prohibitive favorites to one of a few contenders. They still have lots of talent (assume Klay stays), and it's not like they will stand pat. They will shore up the bench, look for other productive vets to fill the bench, hopefully keep Looney, add some depth. Another title is far from impossible with their big 3 still there.

So the future is unknown. Win or lose this year, they will still be in the mix for a couple more years.

Good post.

What has GS on the brink in this series? IMO, the key role players (Igaudola, Green, & Cousins) are being out played by the Raptor key role players...Gasol, Siakam and Green/Ibaka.

Iguadola is probably at the end at 35, he has 1 more yr. But Cousins can be upgraded. Livingston has another yr as well.

I like your #2, KD might not leave, if he does, they really need the big cap hits in Iguadola and Livingston to step up, and like you said, retain Looney. They are in the mix either way in the west

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bulls are nowhere near ready to take that next step, durant would laugh
heartily if he read this absurdity

With Lavine, Porter and two future potential All Stars in their roster on Markkanen and Carter, the Bulls are more ready than ever...
Perfect fit for KD too since his roll will be much the same as it was with GSW, him playing SF...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Lavine, Porter and two future potential All Stars in their roster on Markkanen and Carter, the Bulls are more ready than ever...
Perfect fit for KD too since his roll will be much the same as it was with GSW, him playing SF...

sorry, no. the bulls' pieces are nowhere near being a team capable of making a run. getting durant might help them eventually make the playoffs, thats about it

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, no. the bulls' pieces are nowhere near being a team capable of making a run. getting durant might help them eventually make the playoffs, thats about it
Without any Durant, the Bulls will be in the playoffs in this up coming season, despite being in the East where 7 out of the playoff teams will be among the 10 better teams in the league...

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without any Durant, the Bulls will be in the playoffs in this up coming season, despite being in the East where 7 out of the playoff teams will be among the 10 better teams in the league...
That is quite a jump.

upload_2019-6-10_8-16-41.png

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be fooled by their seeding from last season, it nowhere reflects their potential... They were plagued by injuries on their starting roster for the first half of the season having 4 starters out and started tanking thereafter... Additionally they started the season badly coached and had to change their coaching stuff mid season.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be fooled by their seeding from last season, it nowhere reflects their potential... They were plagued by injuries on their starting roster for the first half of the season having 4 starters out and started tanking thereafter... Additionally they started the season badly coached and had to change their coaching stuff mid season.

They would have made the playoffs from last season if not for all the above unfortunate.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why the dynasty would be over per se, but I could see the pieces changing. I think an underrated aspect of the dynasty has been the play of players like Andre Igoudala and Shaun Livingston, and when they lose those guys to retirement, it will be a huge blow IMO. Iggy has suggested he'd play three more, but I doubt he can really play much more than another year at this level.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they had Barnes before Durant. If they plug the gap with someone who was playing on the level he was back then, they're right back in it.

I also think ...

1) They can still win this year.

2) If they don't Toronto might have been just a bad matchup. It's rarer in the NBA for teams to lose because of matchups but it happens.
the front office has done a shitty job bringing in support players of late as well. Plus, they have like 25M in salary committed to Iguadala and Livingston. Both of them are pretty much cooked.

If Durant leaves, and they can clear Livingston and Iggy eventually, and just rebuild around Klay, Curry and Draymond it will be interesting, but instead of building around those 3 when they were on reasonable contracts they will have to do so when those guys are on max contracts. Curry, Klay and Dray together will likely be over a 100 million.

Just depends on what they can add around those guys. A reliable big man and a wing who can play D would be a good start.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why the dynasty would be over per se, but I could see the pieces changing. I think an underrated aspect of the dynasty has been the play of players like Andre Igoudala and Shaun Livingston, and when they lose those guys to retirement, it will be a huge blow IMO. Iggy has suggested he'd play three more, but I doubt he can really play much more than another year at this level.
you really think they WANT Iggy to play 3 more?

I think you could find someone much better for the money at this point in his career.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Igoudala and Livingston are clearly dropping off, yes, but I also think you are kidding yourself if you think it is easy to find role players of their caliber. Igoudala is an elite defensive player who has been a huge contributor to the Warriors' dynasty and has been one of the team's locker room leaders.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were 4-17 with both Carter and Markannen
Yes... they started tanking just after they got Laury back and had their coaching stuff all replaced. Their season start was a disaster with 4 starters out and Carter with Hutchinson being totally inexperienced rookies which caused them to loose all hopes for covering the lost ground up later in the season... The combination of Parker starting along with the bad coaching, caused their defence to be non existent for the first 3 months and it was folowed by the tanking decision they made thereafter.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KD stays, they are still easily the best team in the league. If he leaves, things will get interesting but GS is still a top team in the league. It's a win-win situation. Klay isn't going anywhere.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Igoudala and Livingston are clearly dropping off, yes, but I also think you are kidding yourself if you think it is easy to find role players of their caliber. Igoudala is an elite defensive player who has been a huge contributor to the Warriors' dynasty and has been one of the team's locker room leaders.

You can replace Livingston but Iggy. They won't or any team will likely find a player to that AS caliber level that would accept a discount and being essentially a role player still at the end of their prime. GS definitely got a lot of things that went their way in this run (even if it continues). This might be the biggest impactful signing other than the KD one.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... they started tanking just after they got Laury back and had their coaching stuff all replaced. Their season start was a disaster with 4 starters out and Carter with Hutchinson being totally inexperienced rookies which caused them to loose all hopes for covering the lost ground up later in the season... The combination of Parker starting along with the bad coaching, caused their defence to be non existent for the first 3 months and it was folowed by the tanking decision they made thereafter.

They went 4-17 with Carter and Markannen in the lineup

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hahahahaha