• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the First Female Ref qualified?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I know theres another thread about the first female ref,,,, but I figured this particular angle could use its own thread. So reading the MMQB, Troy Polamalu's retirement spotlights Hall of Fame's lack of safeties | The MMQB with Peter King

The biggest game she has worked prior to her first NFL game was a Utah State v BYU game?!?!?!?!?!?!

Now I gotta ask if working Mountain west games is the highlight of your experience..... are you really ready for the NFL, man women or whatever?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is not qualified. I don't even think she was head ref in college.

I have heard on ref describing how he went from Big 12 to NFL Europe and then NFL and that was a massive step up in the speed of the game. I can't imagine what will happen when someone goes from mountain west or conference USA to NFL.

I think the NFL rushed this one. I don't mind a female ref, I do mind one that was promoted without demonstrating the skills.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that she has been hired into a developmental program and is working with pro teams in TC to get used to the speed, so even though she has been hired at this point, she does not know when she will ref her first NFL game......Still a ? if she can ref at this level, she will have to prove that....
There is another female in the program too.......It's in process, that's all !!

First woman NFL referee? - NFL Videos
www.nfl.com/.../0ap2000000224941/First-woman-NFL-referee