• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Russell Wilson's Magic gone?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was kinda' of you know, a quote. Thus him using it. Right over your head as usual.

Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post was accurate.

Yup. I'm sure the 2nd highest rated QB in NFL history would have been just a backup on any other team but the Seahawks.

I love how the argument shifts from "He would be a back up if he didn't have an amazing defense and running game" to "He would have been a backup earlier in his career if not for that amazing defense and running" because he doesn't have the amazing defense or running game this year and yet he is still a very good QB.

Moving the goal posts is always so easy.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I'm sure the 2nd highest rated QB in NFL history would have been just a backup on any other team but the Seahawks.

I love how the argument shifts from "He would be a back up if he didn't have an amazing defense and running game" to "He would have been a backup earlier in his career if not for that amazing defense and running" because he doesn't have the amazing defense or running game this year and yet he is still a very good QB.

Moving the goal posts is always so easy.

That's a great point. Russell is on pace to have his best year ever despite the fact Lynch has missed significant time or been playing injured and the defense has come back down to earth and is no longer dominating.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be a backup somewhere else by now without that defense and run game early in his career.

........still thinking that way?? The man is on fire lately.

*His last 4 weeks haven't been matched since Staubach in 1970!
*110 passer rating is leading the league.

Since you can't tell the difference between Wilson and a "career backup", my guess is that you are working for the Eagles as a scout/QB talent evaluator.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since you can't tell the difference between Wilson and a "career backup", my guess is that you are working for the Eagles as a scout/QB talent evaluator.
The quality of the defenses he faced the last 4 weeks will be the excuse next for the haters. Yes 3/4 of the defenses are bottom feeders but I don't see other QBs throwing for 5 tds against those same teams. Quite impressive how the Seahawks start slow every year it seems and then turn things around at the perfect time. Wish their games were on more where I live. I am usually stuck with Rams/Colts and Titans games.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russell Wilson has been on fire. No denying that. I'm glad Tyler lockett isn't being wasted. But I was referring to early in his career in my post you quoted. Perhaps he would have won another job somehow else with some opportunities.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This four game stretch RW has had is historically phenomenal.

ESPN: "Seattle's star quarterback just put up what could very well be considered the best four-game stretch in modern NFL history."

"Over that four-game stretch, he has gone 89-for-118 for 1,171 passing yards. That's a staggering 75.4 percent completion percentage and an average of 9.9 yards per pass attempt. Even more impressively, he has thrown 16 touchdowns without a single interception.

It all adds up to a passer rating of 145.9. Pro-football-reference.com has game logs for quarterbacks going back through the 1960 season, 10 years before the AFL-NFL merger.

Do you know how many quarterbacks have thrown 100 or more attempts over a four-game stretch and posted a better passer rating over that span than Wilson? Zero. It has never happened before"

It's too bad that he's too short.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN: "Seattle's star quarterback just put up what could very well be considered the best four-game stretch in modern NFL history."

"Over that four-game stretch, he has gone 89-for-118 for 1,171 passing yards. That's a staggering 75.4 percent completion percentage and an average of 9.9 yards per pass attempt. Even more impressively, he has thrown 16 touchdowns without a single interception.

It all adds up to a passer rating of 145.9. Pro-football-reference.com has game logs for quarterbacks going back through the 1960 season, 10 years before the AFL-NFL merger.

Do you know how many quarterbacks have thrown 100 or more attempts over a four-game stretch and posted a better passer rating over that span than Wilson? Zero. It has never happened before"

Apparently it's just the worst 4 game stretch of defenses that any QB has ever faced in the history of the game. It's the only explanation that makes sense to the detractors.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, haters hating and people rubbing their noses in it.

Another day on the NFL gen board

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm looking forward to seeing Seattle play at CAR in the playoffs.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking hilarious.

In the 4 games since the loss to the Cards, he is completing 75% of his passes for 293ypg, almost 10ypa, 16 TD's and 0 INT's. Oh, on the season he's completing 68.8% of his passes for 253ypg, 8.6ypa, 26 TD's, 7 INT's, and he has a Passer Rating of 110.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The quality of the defenses he faced the last 4 weeks will be the excuse next for the haters. Yes 3/4 of the defenses are bottom feeders but I don't see other QBs throwing for 5 tds against those same teams. Quite impressive how the Seahawks start slow every year it seems and then turn things around at the perfect time. Wish their games were on more where I live. I am usually stuck with Rams/Colts and Titans games.
I usually have zero pity for Steeler fans, but with that line up of games to chose from I'm thinking about making an exception.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is washed up and old Wilson just was never that good unless he gets a ton of help. It's reality. Only as good as your team is.

Now with no help Wilson is posting the best numbers in NFL history. You mad bro?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP is just jealous the Vikes can't even get an average QB. Been like that for decades.