• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Russell Wilson going to die??

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this fact or opinion?

It's a fact. I mean everyone is different, in terms of withdrawal of all sugar or cannabis so there is no absolute rule for either. But if you were to cut every single sugar from your diet, you would most likely spend the next couple weeks cranky AF and restless. Same with caffeine if you were a "heavy" user.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short-term effects
When a person smokes marijuana, THC quickly passes from the lungs into the bloodstream. The blood carries the chemical to the brain and other organs throughout the body. The body absorbs THC more slowly when the person eats or drinks it. In that case, the user generally feels the effects after 30 minutes to 1 hour.

THC acts on specific brain cell receptors that ordinarily react to natural THC-like chemicals in the brain. These natural chemicals play a role in normal brain development and function.

Marijuana overactivates parts of the brain that contain the highest number of these receptors. This causes the "high" that users feel. Other effects include:

• altered senses (for example, seeing brighter colors)
  • altered sense of time
  • changes in mood
  • impaired body movement
  • difficulty with thinking and problem-solving
  • impaired memory
Long-term effects
Marijuana also affects brain development. When marijuana users begin using as teenagers, the drug may reduce thinking, memory, and learning functions and affect how the brain builds connections between the areas necessary for these functions.

Marijuana’s effects on these abilities may last a long time or even be permanent.

For example, a study showed that people who started smoking marijuana heavily in their teens and had an ongoing cannabis use disorder lost an average of eight IQ points between ages 13 and 38. The lost mental abilities did not fully return in those who quit marijuana as adults. Those who started smoking marijuana as adults did not show notable IQ declines.3

What are the other health effects of marijuana?
Marijuana use may have a wide range of effects, both physical and mental.

Physical effects
  • Breathing problems.Marijuana smoke irritates the lungs, and frequent marijuana smokers can have the same breathing problems that tobacco smokers have. These problems include daily cough and phlegm, more frequent lung illness, and a higher risk of lung infections. Researchers still do not know whether marijuana smokers have a higher risk for lung cancer.
  • Increased heart rate.Marijuana raises heart rate for up to 3 hours after smoking. This effect may increase the chance of heart attack. Older people and those with heart problems may be at higher risk
  • Problems with child development during and after pregnancy.Marijuana use during pregnancy is linked to increased risk of both brain and behavioral problems in babies. If a pregnant woman uses marijuana, the drug may affect certain developing parts of the fetus’s brain. Resulting challenges for the child may include problems with attention, memory, and problem-solving. Additionally, some research suggests that moderate amounts of THC are excreted into the breast milk of nursing mothers. The effects on a baby’s developing brain are still unknown.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a fact. I mean everyone is different, in terms of withdrawal of all sugar or cannabis so there is no absolute rule for either. But if you were to cut every single sugar from your diet, you would most likely spend the next couple weeks cranky AF and restless. Same with caffeine if you were a "heavy" user.
Please post a link to a study suggesting this.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short-term effects
When a person smokes marijuana, THC quickly passes from the lungs into the bloodstream. The blood carries the chemical to the brain and other organs throughout the body. The body absorbs THC more slowly when the person eats or drinks it. In that case, the user generally feels the effects after 30 minutes to 1 hour.

THC acts on specific brain cell receptors that ordinarily react to natural THC-like chemicals in the brain. These natural chemicals play a role in normal brain development and function.

Marijuana overactivates parts of the brain that contain the highest number of these receptors. This causes the "high" that users feel. Other effects include:

• altered senses (for example, seeing brighter colors)
  • altered sense of time
  • changes in mood
  • impaired body movement
  • difficulty with thinking and problem-solving
  • impaired memory
Long-term effects
Marijuana also affects brain development. When marijuana users begin using as teenagers, the drug may reduce thinking, memory, and learning functions and affect how the brain builds connections between the areas necessary for these functions.

Marijuana’s effects on these abilities may last a long time or even be permanent.

For example, a study showed that people who started smoking marijuana heavily in their teens and had an ongoing cannabis use disorder lost an average of eight IQ points between ages 13 and 38. The lost mental abilities did not fully return in those who quit marijuana as adults. Those who started smoking marijuana as adults did not show notable IQ declines.3

What are the other health effects of marijuana?
Marijuana use may have a wide range of effects, both physical and mental.

Physical effects
  • Breathing problems.Marijuana smoke irritates the lungs, and frequent marijuana smokers can have the same breathing problems that tobacco smokers have. These problems include daily cough and phlegm, more frequent lung illness, and a higher risk of lung infections. Researchers still do not know whether marijuana smokers have a higher risk for lung cancer.
  • Increased heart rate.Marijuana raises heart rate for up to 3 hours after smoking. This effect may increase the chance of heart attack. Older people and those with heart problems may be at higher risk
  • Problems with child development during and after pregnancy.Marijuana use during pregnancy is linked to increased risk of both brain and behavioral problems in babies. If a pregnant woman uses marijuana, the drug may affect certain developing parts of the fetus’s brain. Resulting challenges for the child may include problems with attention, memory, and problem-solving. Additionally, some research suggests that moderate amounts of THC are excreted into the breast milk of nursing mothers. The effects on a baby’s developing brain are still unknown.

Between marijuana, alcohol, cigarettes, hard drugs & prescription pills which is the least harmful? And which one of those things causes the least amount of deaths per year?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I won't pretend to have read traditional studies. But I speak from experience

I just Googled "sugar withdrawal" and found plenty of information, so it's out there if you're interested in looking it up. Sugar withdrawals are actually harsher than cannabis withdrawals because of their affects on the stomach and digestive system.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you're in Lost Wages? I lived out there for 5 years, Green Valley Ranch area. I'm gonna go out on a limb here & say you won't be voting for the legalization of marijuana in Nevada this November.:D

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't pretend to have read traditional studies. But I speak from experience

I just Googled "sugar withdrawal" and found plenty of information, so it's out there if you're interested in looking it up. Sugar withdrawals are actually harsher than cannabis withdrawals because of their affects on the stomach and digestive system.

I'm not a fan of any sugar loaded drinks. Haven't had a can of pop in about 23 years or so. I don't drink coffee either, that shit is nasty.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even have to eat or drink sugar added products to get reliant on sugar. Carbohydrates are sugars. So pretty much half of all foods north americans (and most of what we crave) are sugars.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even have to eat or drink sugar added products to get reliant on sugar. Carbohydrates are sugars. So pretty much half of all foods north americans (and most of what we crave) are sugars.

Anything processed has tons of sugar in it. Some of the things that I didn't even think about before trying to cut sugar from my diet were spaghetti sauce, deli meats and salad dressing.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything processed has tons of sugar in it. Some of the things that I didn't even think about before trying to cut sugar from my diet were spaghetti sauce, deli meats and salad dressing.

Yeah, reading labels is a drag.

Bread is the thing that bummed me out the most, as I loves me some bread (not to mention pasta and rice and potatoes and.....)

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're in Lost Wages? I lived out there for 5 years, Green Valley Ranch area. I'm gonna go out on a limb here & say you won't be voting for the legalization of marijuana in Nevada this November.:D
You got that right even though I think it passes.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got that right even though I think it passes.

It's coming up on the ballet here in California this November. I will vote against legalization.

Until we have a test that can determine whether someone is high or it is residual, I think we will have a mess on the California freeways.

Can you imagine trying to drive 75 through a crowd of dinged up cars going 50 in both lanes while munching on Doritos and Chips Ahoy's ????

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's coming up on the ballet here in California this November. I will vote against legalization.

Until we have a test that can determine whether someone is high or it is residual, I think we will have a mess on the California freeways.

Can you imagine trying to drive 75 through a crowd of dinged up cars going 50 in both lanes while munching on Doritos and Chips Ahoy's ????

People are already high and driving. Legalization is barely increasing the number of smokers in Colorado or Washington.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's really funny how so many people think all stoners stuff their faces w/ junk food.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between marijuana, alcohol, cigarettes, hard drugs & prescription pills which is the least harmful? And which one of those things causes the least amount of deaths per year?
Not going to argue one bad drug and or alcohol against the other. I don't drink and drive so I'm not at risk of killing others by drinking, as far as I know cigarettes haven't caused vehicle accidents, and abusing/taking prescription drugs is illegal.
Marijuana related fatal accidents have increased in Washington and Colorado, and most important per this discussion Marijuana is BANNED by the NFL.
If it becomes legal in Nevada, so be it let the pot heads smoke away but as long as it is NOT legal I will not support one pot head arrested for being in possession of it.
If alcohol was illegal I wouldn't drink it.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are already high and driving. Legalization is barely increasing the number of smokers in Colorado or Washington.
Marijuana related fatal accidents have increased in both states, you are lying to yourself.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to argue one bad drug and or alcohol against the other. I don't drink and drive so I'm not at risk of killing others by drinking, as far as I know cigarettes haven't caused vehicle accidents, and abusing/taking prescription drugs is illegal.
Marijuana related fatal accidents have increased in Washington and Colorado, and most important per this discussion Marijuana is BANNED by the NFL.
If it becomes legal in Nevada, so be it let the pot heads smoke away but as long as it is NOT legal I will not support one pot head arrested for being in possession of it.
If alcohol was illegal I wouldn't drink it.

My point was all those other things I mentioned are much worse & are responsible for many deaths each year. Guess how many marijuana-only deaths happen each year. Zero.