• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Philip Rivers currently the best QB in the NFL?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To you it does...to me, it gives a far clearer image of how legit his actual play is, thus proving my point. The rest of your post is rather irrelevant, so why you keep repeating it is beyond me, and in the end, it matters not. Roethlisberger's case isn't head and shoulders above Rivers, hence, I can make a case for #17, which was point all along.
I already proved that to be untrue.

I didn't say Roethlisberger's case is head and shoulders above Rivers. I said in order to choose Rivers you have to ignore all playoff results.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To you it does...to me, it gives a far clearer image of how legit his actual play is, thus proving my point. The rest of your post is rather irrelevant, so why you keep repeating it is beyond me, and in the end, it matters not. Roethlisberger's case isn't head and shoulders above Rivers, hence, I can make a case for #17, which was point all along.
Irrelevant to you because it refutes your point. Your reasoning is illogical.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already proved that to be untrue.

No, you didn't. By taking his entire career, you are including everything....and no...you have not refuted my point. Not in the least.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alg-ben-roethlisberger-trophy-jpg.jpg

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you didn't. By taking his entire career, you are including everything....and no...you have not refuted my point. Not in the least.
Career postseason passer rating means nothing. Alex Smith has a career 94.5 rating. Terry Bradshaw has a career 83.0 rating. But know what Bradshaw did? He put together two great Super Bowl runs in 1978/1979.

It does not matter if over a course of your career, you overall have a nice passer rating in the playoffs. Consistent performance in a playoff run is how you win championships, which is what matters.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, I did. You just ignored it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ricky does that, he will bitterly fight, and ignore most facts

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career postseason passer rating means nothing. Alex Smith has a career 94.5 rating. Terry Bradshaw has a career 83.0 rating. But know what Bradshaw did? He put together two great Super Bowl runs in 1978/1979.

It does not matter if over a course of your career, you overall have a nice passer rating in the playoffs. Consistent performance in a playoff run is how you win championships, which is what matters.

And this is all I really need to know. You haven't the slightest idea of how to comprehend the data you collect. First of all, you are comparing two different QB's from two totally different eras when it comes to passing the ball. Secondly, you are taking one guys career who is completely finished and comparing him to a guy who is in the middle of his......whereas Roethlisberger and Rivers are nearly at the exact same stage in their respective runs.

I generally ignore what is irrelevant, but the above exposes your lack of knowledge in full. You have yet to even touch my argument, and whatever argument you 'think' you've refuted, must be your own.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is all I really need to know. You haven't the slightest idea of how to comprehend the data you collect. First of all, you are comparing two different QB's from two totally different eras when it comes to passing the ball. Secondly, you are taking one guys career who is completely finished and comparing him to a guy who is in the middle of his......whereas Roethlisberger and Rivers are nearly at the exact same stage in their respective runs.

I generally ignore what is irrelevant, but the above exposes your lack of knowledge in full. You have yet to even touch my argument, and whatever argument you 'think' you've refuted, must be your own.
coming from the man who ignores most everything said.......this isnt even amusing anymore:doh:

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your reading comprehension sucks. I gave two examples, I didn't compare them. I'm well aware of the difference in eras. I'm showing that Terry Bradshaw's passer rating for his career in the playoffs (which I understand isn't poor) isn't indicative of his play in those two playoff runs. It doesn't tell the whole story as you claim it should.

Your answer simply exposes the fact that you do not understand the argument.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your reading comprehension sucks. I gave two examples, I didn't compare them. I'm well aware of the difference in eras. I'm showing that Terry Bradshaw's passer rating for his career in the playoffs (which I understand isn't poor) isn't indicative of his play in those two playoff runs. It doesn't tell the whole story as you claim it should.

Your answer simply exposes the fact that you do not understand the argument.
quit engaging the idiocy

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can use examples all over the place. Joe Flacco has a career postseason passer rating of 88.6, which isn't that much better than Rivers. The difference is that Flacco had an excellent postseason run that led his team to a championship.

Now, I'm not saying Flacco is better than Rivers overall. But as far as playoff success? It isn't close. Rivers never put together a run that was close to Flacco's, even though their playoff numbers aren't too far off.

That's why looking at overall career playoff numbers is useless.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can use examples all over the place. Joe Flacco has a career postseason passer rating of 88.6, which isn't that much better than Rivers. The difference is that Flacco had an excellent postseason run that led his team to a championship.

Now, I'm not saying Flacco is better than Rivers overall. But as far as playoff success? It isn't close. Rivers never put together a run that was close to Flacco's, even though their playoff numbers aren't too far off.
stop backing up your arguments.......you can see that rick is viewing this page, he just has no come backs right now

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your reading comprehension sucks. I gave two examples, I didn't compare them.

Of course you compared them, got exposed for it, and now go on a two/one post rebuttal due to being butthurt over it and your lack of points in the first place. Your examples actually prove me correct. Overall playoff numbers prove MY argument to be factually correct....and whatever your argument is...it's your own.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you compared them, got exposed for it, and now go on a two/one post rebuttal due to being butthurt over it and your lack of points in the first place. Your examples actually prove me correct. Overall playoff numbers prove MY argument to be factually correct....and whatever your argument is...it's your own.
oh god are you moronic:dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd: