• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Nagy toast after the season ends?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highlighted that one sentence because I've noted that thru the years the Pats often traded down on draft day, and in the process obtaining additional draft picks. I can't recall the exact year, it was some time back, but I swear in one draft they traded back 6 or 7 times, even trading picks they had already traded back for. I always thought that was a smart way for a winning team to keep its roster updated and fresh. Plus they always seemed to pluck just the right veteran to fill a key spot when signing free agents. A well run organization.

Honestly, I think trading back and maximizing the number of picks is a better way to go. While your chances of getting a superstar tend to be better in the 1st round, probably even better higher in the first round, plenty of those picks just don't pan out. So if you have 7 picks for the draft and can turn that into 10 picks, you're probably better off doing that, just not ending up too far down the order.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets stupidly, needlessly, and pointlessly won the last 2 games. Doing so will not save Adam Gase's job and gave the Jaguars a lock on one of the best QB prospects. I think it was stupid for the Jets to win. Trevor Lawrence was worth losing to obtain. But the Jets did what they always do, do stupid things as an organization.

But the idiots disagree. They feel the Jets did the right thing by winning! That by winning, changes their attitude and culture and now, good luck to the rest of the NFL because here comes the winning Jets! Oh everyone fear the mighty winning Jets!

(rolls eyes 2x)

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think trading back and maximizing the number of picks is a better way to go. While your chances of getting a superstar tend to be better in the 1st round, probably even better higher in the first round, plenty of those picks just don't pan out. So if you have 7 picks for the draft and can turn that into 10 picks, you're probably better off doing that, just not ending up too far down the order.

This is a classic stupid man mentality when it comes to the draft. That because there's been first round busts in the past, that somehow first round picks aren't as valuable. Only stupid people buy into such idiotic theories.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a classic stupid man mentality when it comes to the draft. That because there's been first round busts in the past, that somehow first round picks aren't as valuable. Only stupid people buy into such idiotic theories.

Good try, but if this were the case, why don't the good teams, you know, those with a plan and culture, trade all their low picks to get as high as they can in the 1st and 2nd round and say to hell with the rest of the draft? I'll tell you, because they know 2 things for a fact, 1 is you have to have depth and you get that in the 3rd to 7th round and rookie free agents and 2 is talent evaluation is a bit of a crap shoot. You can measure and test and evaluate until you're out of paper and hard drive to write up your evaluations, but that doesn't guarantee you that the talent will work out.

Yes, keep up with your attempts at belittling others and acting as if you know all, it seems to be getting you all kinds of attention from the Bear's front office. Have they offered you a job or does their rest room custodian plan on staying on for a few more years

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this guy for real or am I visiting bizzarro world?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good try, but if this were the case, why don't the good teams, you know, those with a plan and culture, trade all their low picks to get as high as they can in the 1st and 2nd round and say to hell with the rest of the draft? I'll tell you, because they know 2 things for a fact, 1 is you have to have depth and you get that in the 3rd to 7th round and rookie free agents and 2 is talent evaluation is a bit of a crap shoot. You can measure and test and evaluate until you're out of paper and hard drive to write up your evaluations, but that doesn't guarantee you that the talent will work out.

Yes, keep up with your attempts at belittling others and acting as if you know all, it seems to be getting you all kinds of attention from the Bear's front office. Have they offered you a job or does their rest room custodian plan on staying on for a few more years

No one is saying picks 3-7 aren't valuable. Show me where I said that please. Your whimsical valuation of higher picks vs lower picks is what I am arguing. I'll take the higher picks all day long. I'll give up a 3,4,5 for a 1 any day of the week and so would any NFL GM. The reason why it doesn't happen is because any GM that gives up a 1st for a 3,4,5 would be fired.

So did Jets do the right thing by winning and missing out on Lawrence? I noticed you conveniently didn't answer that question.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray is hurt, too. If he plays - he will be limited with mobility. LAR will be at home, they have to approach it like a must win, and their D has still been fantastic.

Both teams have struggled lately. I also am intrigued to see what inserting Wolford does for their offense and if he's any good. Goff had been shitty. It's a coin flip game, IMO.
I'll prolly catch hell for this, but I don't buy that he's injured. His "injury" only really took hold AFTER he saw the incompletion to end the game.

I said it earlier, the only thing he hurt was his pussy...I mean pride.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is saying picks 3-7 aren't valuable. Show me where I said that please. Your whimsical valuation of higher picks vs lower picks is what I am arguing. I'll take the higher picks all day long. I'll give up a 3,4,5 for a 1 any day of the week and so would any NFL GM. The reason why it doesn't happen is because any GM that gives up a 1st for a 3,4,5 would be fired.

So did Jets do the right thing by winning and missing out on Lawrence? I noticed you conveniently didn't answer that question.

What about giving up your 2 thru 7 for one of the last 3 or 4 picks in round 1, would you do that? Would any GM trading all of their picks in 2 thru 7 be fired for trading them all for a late 1? You see, I can make up stupid shit too, and ask even dumber questions. You're missing the real point, the point is depth is important and you get that by having multiple selections. You also manage the salary cap by having young players on your roster, but that's complicate and I don't want to go into things that you'd never comprehend.

Actually, I don't think they did do the wrong thing. The reason is you tell me how you're going to get all the players on your team to give up or not play hard, not even mentioning the coaches, yet. In case you're unaware, every snap of every play and every practice is on tape. Do you honestly believe they're going to get all the guys on the team to just give up? What about the coaches and staff? Again, everything is on tape so every coach, that's HC thru position coaches and QC guys, are going to jeopardize their future livings so the Jets organization gets the #1 pick? Really, they're not going to get another job in the NFL so the Jets can draft Lawrence? The players? They're going to dog it, especially the fringe guys, who are actually working their asses off to stay in the league are going to dog it so the Jets, a team that might release them tomorrow after they dog it, can get the #1 pick. Are you really telling me that the players and coaches who won't have a job with the Jets after this year, and they fucking know it, are going to dog it to help out the Jets. Are you really this fucking stupid?

One other thing, what makes you believe that Lawrence is the answer to all the Jets problems? That high pick with Darnold was the answer just a couple years ago, right? Their problems are so much deeper than QB, but you don't want to hear about that, what you want to hear about is a higher pick and losing. You like losing, it's pretty obvious, losers gravitate to losing.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about giving up your 2 thru 7 for one of the last 3 or 4 picks in round 1, would you do that? Would any GM trading all of their picks in 2 thru 7 be fired for trading them all for a late 1? You see, I can make up stupid shit too, and ask even dumber questions. You're missing the real point, the point is depth is important and you get that by having multiple selections. You also manage the salary cap by having young players on your roster, but that's complicate and I don't want to go into things that you'd never comprehend.

Actually, I don't think they did do the wrong thing. The reason is you tell me how you're going to get all the players on your team to give up or not play hard, not even mentioning the coaches, yet. In case you're unaware, every snap of every play and every practice is on tape. Do you honestly believe they're going to get all the guys on the team to just give up? What about the coaches and staff? Again, everything is on tape so every coach, that's HC thru position coaches and QC guys, are going to jeopardize their future livings so the Jets organization gets the #1 pick? Really, they're not going to get another job in the NFL so the Jets can draft Lawrence? The players? They're going to dog it, especially the fringe guys, who are actually working their asses off to stay in the league are going to dog it so the Jets, a team that might release them tomorrow after they dog it, can get the #1 pick. Are you really telling me that the players and coaches who won't have a job with the Jets after this year, and they fucking know it, are going to dog it to help out the Jets. Are you really this fucking stupid?

One other thing, what makes you believe that Lawrence is the answer to all the Jets problems? That high pick with Darnold was the answer just a couple years ago, right? Their problems are so much deeper than QB, but you don't want to hear about that, what you want to hear about is a higher pick and losing. You like losing, it's pretty obvious, losers gravitate to losing.
You must be new here.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine telling a guy that cheers for a team with one of the best quarterbacks in football, drafted at #24, that a team is screwed if they don’t get a qb with the 1 pick...

Good ol genius...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine telling a guy that cheers for a team with one of the best quarterbacks in football, drafted at #24, that a team is screwed if they don’t get a qb with the 1 pick...

Good ol genius...

What about the guy with all the rings drafted in the 6th round....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this guy for real or am I visiting bizzarro world?
When you're dealing with most of us Bears fans, you're in reality. When you're dealing with BS Genius, yes indeed, you are in the Bizarro World (with a little Twilight Zone sprinkled in).

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about giving up your 2 thru 7 for one of the last 3 or 4 picks in round 1, would you do that?

No I wouldn't do that. That's too much. I'm merely arguing your idiotic opinion that having more picks in the bottom of the draft is better. There's an intrinsic value to these picks and a blanket statement like the one you made is not true.

Actually, I don't think they did do the wrong thing. The reason is you tell me how you're going to get all the players on your team to give up or not play hard, not even mentioning the coaches, yet.

There's other ways to accomplish this.

One other thing, what makes you believe that Lawrence is the answer to all the Jets problems?

Like i said, there's no absolute guarantees in the draft. You go by highest probabilities. Lawrence is highest probable of being great.

Their problems are so much deeper than QB, but you don't want to hear about that, what you want to hear about is a higher pick and losing. You like losing, it's pretty obvious, losers gravitate to losing.

And by winning 2 games accomplishes what?

I'm not a loser. I'm actually quite successful.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, you're just beyond help.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a loser. I'm actually quite successful.

93b32fb4c2c4f199d645b764a68d641b.gif

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And with Pace you would be wrong. The young talent on this Bear roster is chalk full of mid late, UDFA talent. Pace's biggest fault, his first and 2nd round picks. He hit with Roquan, and now Kmet (I think) and that's about it.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with Pace you would be wrong. The young talent on this Bear roster is chalk full of mid late, UDFA talent. Pace's biggest fault, his first and 2nd round picks. He hit with Roquan, and now Kmet (I think) and that's about it.

When the 2nd pick in the draft nets Trubisky...what's the difference.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the 2nd pick in the draft nets Trubisky...what's the difference.
A lot of folks missed on Mahomes. Thought Watson would have been better, but honestly, this Bear o line would have killed him by now. He holds on to the ball waaay to long.