• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Nagy toast after the season ends?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're kinda like that 3 foot putt for birdie. You KNOW you should make make it easily, but the longer you think about that, the more your chances increase of missing it. Nobody wants to miss the tap-in birdie.
I actually once missed a 1 ft tap in birdie, and it was a money putt to boot. It's something my golfing buddies still remind me to this day.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, at this point, it's just weird how combative you are. I made that post on Monday, and here you are bumping for no apparent reason on Sunday at 9am?? Discussion and debate is fine and normal, but you take it to a weird level, BS.

I don't want to rub the lotion on my skin, I just wanna talk about the Bears.

Understood. Fair point.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here ladies and gentlemen is what it looks like when someone is trapped in a corner and decides to save face by pivoting.

End of thread indeed.

You're wrong, successful teams aren't losing to get better draft picks. If you look at the most successful teams, they rarely get top pics because they're consistently winning. You need somebody to show you who those teams are...Pitt, NE, GB, Sea, Balt......it's more about culture than reacting to fans outcry of what they want. Think that's BS, what about the double doink and the Bears spending an entire off season focusing on kicker instead of actually looking at improving their team. You really do need some help...trust me

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Nagy and Pace might survive...maybe even Trubisky...2021 should be interesting if that happens...

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, our flexed to late game will depend on the outcome of Rams AZ game, think Rams lost their starting qb Sunday. But, no. Think Nagy is safe at this point. Perhaps, he would be a fine HC if he let's an O coordinator call plays. >shrugs<

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, our flexed to late game will depend on the outcome of Rams AZ game, think Rams lost their starting qb Sunday. But, no. Think Nagy is safe at this point. Perhaps, he would be a fine HC if he let's an O coordinator call plays. >shrugs<

I know you didn't intend this...but if there was ever an indicator of "participation trophy head coach" status...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wrong, successful teams aren't losing to get better draft picks. If you look at the most successful teams, they rarely get top pics because they're consistently winning. You need somebody to show you who those teams are...Pitt, NE, GB, Sea, Balt......it's more about culture than reacting to fans outcry of what they want. Think that's BS, what about the double doink and the Bears spending an entire off season focusing on kicker instead of actually looking at improving their team. You really do need some help...trust me
Shhhhh, we already know this. But there are still a few fans out there who think losing = winning in terms of the draft. Let them have their fantasy.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, for those of us hoping that if the Bears don't beat the Packers this Sunday (which is likely), we could still back into the playoffs by Arizona losing to the Rams, we may have to forget about that. Looks like Goff will miss the game due to a broken thumb on his throwing hand. Gonna be a fascinating finale to the regular season.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, for those of us hoping that if the Bears don't beat the Packers this Sunday (which is likely), we could still back into the playoffs by Arizona losing to the Rams, we may have to forget about that. Looks like Goff will miss the game due to a broken thumb on his throwing hand. Gonna be a fascinating finale to the regular season.

I would have never bet on consequential football in the final week a month ago (I would have two months ago)...so I'm just gonna be happy that we have a big game Sunday. My expectations are the worst...but f*ck it...Better than none at all. Bring on the pain.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the world is this idiot talking about.

You're wrong, successful teams aren't losing to get better draft picks. If you look at the most successful teams, they rarely get top pics because they're consistently winning.

Did i say otherwise? If you have a successful winning team already why would you need to lose? Water is wet much?

You need somebody to show you who those teams are...Pitt, NE, GB, Sea, Balt......it's more about culture than reacting to fans outcry of what they want.

And what do all those teams have in common? They all have QBs. Except NE and coincidentally they've been pretty bad this year. Now, do we have a QB?

Think that's BS, what about the double doink and the Bears spending an entire off season focusing on kicker instead of actually looking at improving their team.

What are you talking about?

You really do need some help...trust me

You are a very dumb guy. I have no idea what point you are trying to make as it's definitely not germane to what i was talking about in my post you quoted.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you didn't intend this...but if there was ever an indicator of "participation trophy head coach" status...
Oh, I get the sentiment. It is easy to remember how bad Nagy was as a play caller (I do not miss his 20 Wr bubble screens a game), however, he has brought the Bears to the cusp of another post season. If they go it would be twice for him as HC and would also mean he managed to beat GB. How do you fire that?

Now there are a loooooot of "if's" in my statement. Do I think there are better HC's out there? Yes. The changes on Offence are very noticable since Lazor took over play calling. We will see what happens after Sunday. Bears will have to win, Rams minus broke, dislocated throwing hand thumb Goff, probably settles that game.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I get the sentiment. It is easy to remember how bad Nagy was as a play caller (I do not miss his 20 Wr bubble screens a game), however, he has brought the Bears to the cusp of another post season. If they go it would be twice for him as HC and would also mean he managed to beat GB. How do you fire that?

Now there are a loooooot of "if's" in my statement. Do I think there are better HC's out there? Yes. The changes on Offence are very noticable since Lazor took over play calling. We will see what happens after Sunday. Bears will have to win, Rams minus broke, dislocated throwing hand thumb Goff, probably settles that game.

I mean Donald could win that game by himself so I wouldn't count the Rams out...plus QB's with no tape can present problems...Hell, we've had a few stinkers in my 40 years vs "no name" quarterbacks...and the good majority of those years our defense was average to above average.

I hear you on Nagy. It's just frustrating to know that our current situation is probably not gonna get us there. You never know...but the story kind of has been told. We're close, but no cigar level. I mean, that's still 100 times better than being run the f*ck over like in 2014-2017...but it's still depressing to look at a HUGE game Sunday and feel like the most likely scenario is we get wiped out...and in its aftermath we're gonna do basically the same sh*t next year. I'm just not gonna be all "LET'S LOSE" like genius about it because sh*t...I've seen crazy runs out of wildcard teams that had no right making noise...so you never know...Just get in and let the next chapter in "How will the Bears destroy me this time" play itself out. LOL

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Donald could win that game by himself so I wouldn't count the Rams out...plus QB's with no tape can present problems...Hell, we've had a few stinkers in my 40 years vs "no name" quarterbacks...and the good majority of those years our defense was average to above average.

I hear you on Nagy. It's just frustrating to know that our current situation is probably not gonna get us there. You never know...but the story kind of has been told. We're close, but no cigar level. I mean, that's still 100 times better than being run the f*ck over like in 2014-2017...but it's still depressing to look at a HUGE game Sunday and feel like the most likely scenario is we get wiped out...and in its aftermath we're gonna do basically the same sh*t next year. I'm just not gonna be all "LET'S LOSE" like genius about it because sh*t...I've seen crazy runs out of wildcard teams that had no right making noise...so you never know...Just get in and let the next chapter in "How will the Bears destroy me this time" play itself out. LOL
It's really setting up to be an everything game. I mean, Goff breaking his hand. Seattle winning....

It's either gonna be the game that springboards them into legitimacy or the usual dagger in all our hearts. :pout:

I would love more than anything for it to be the former. I will eat my fucking words on Nagy, and crown him the King of fucking awesome if so.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really setting up to be an everything game. I mean, Goff breaking his hand. Seattle winning....

It's either gonna be the game that springboards them into legitimacy or the usual dagger in all our hearts. :pout:

I would love more than anything for it to be the former. I will eat my fucking words on Nagy, and crown him the King of fucking awesome if so.
Now "they" are saying Murray has a "lower leg"...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray is hurt, too. If he plays - he will be limited with mobility. LAR will be at home, they have to approach it like a must win, and their D has still been fantastic.

Both teams have struggled lately. I also am intrigued to see what inserting Wolford does for their offense and if he's any good. Goff had been shitty. It's a coin flip game, IMO.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the world is this idiot talking about.

Did i say otherwise? If you have a successful winning team already why would you need to lose? Water is wet much?

And what do all those teams have in common? They all have QBs. Except NE and coincidentally they've been pretty bad this year. Now, do we have a QB?

What are you talking about?

You are a very dumb guy. I have no idea what point you are trying to make as it's definitely not germane to what i was talking about in my post you quoted.
This "idiot" is telling a self proclaimed genius the truth. You build a successful program and keep building on it. You don't lose on purpose to get better draft picks. Losing is a habit, one I'm guessing you have, but don't realize it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could not have been better stated. For the past twenty years, the Patriots have drafted 28th through 32nd in every draft. Having Brady at QB was a gift for all twenty and being able to keep the team in the Super Bowl picture and playing in 9 over those years was incredible. The past finally caught up with NE in 2020 and they lost Brady and had no cap space whatsoever. Everything came crashing down.

Bill has $72M in cap space to spend in 2021 and the Saints are $96+M over the cap. Think Peyton would consider trading Hill and Thomas for a 5th and 6th round pick? That would take $36M off his debt.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could not have been better stated. For the past twenty years, the Patriots have drafted 28th through 32nd in every draft. Having Brady at QB was a gift for all twenty and being able to keep the team in the Super Bowl picture and playing in 9 over those years was incredible. The past finally caught up with NE in 2020 and they lost Brady and had no cap space whatsoever. Everything came crashing down.

Bill has $72M in cap space to spend in 2021 and the Saints are $96+M over the cap. Think Peyton would consider trading Hill and Thomas for a 5th and 6th round pick? That would take $36M off his debt.
I highlighted that one sentence because I've noted that thru the years the Pats often traded down on draft day, and in the process obtaining additional draft picks. I can't recall the exact year, it was some time back, but I swear in one draft they traded back 6 or 7 times, even trading picks they had already traded back for. I always thought that was a smart way for a winning team to keep its roster updated and fresh. Plus they always seemed to pluck just the right veteran to fill a key spot when signing free agents. A well run organization.