• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Nagy toast after the season ends?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice if he and Pace were packing up their offices together.

Pat Fitzgerald should probably be a name on the Bears list. And there's a rumor it's the only NFL job he'd consider.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice if he and Pace were packing up their offices together.

Pat Fitzgerald should probably be a name on the Bears list. And there's a rumor it's the only NFL job he'd consider.
Not sure why Ted Phillips is never mentioned when there is talk of the Bears possibly cleaning house. He's been around for a number of regimes even prior to Pace/Nagy. When does he get held accountable?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Pagano. Overrated turd.
I was thinking in terms of interim, as in just for the remainder of the season, not long term. I mean, if Nagy gets the ax within the next few weeks, somebody has to take the reins.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking in terms of interim, as in just for the remainder of the season, not long term. I mean, if Nagy gets the ax within the next few weeks, somebody has to take the reins.
I'd take Pagano I guess for the remainder of the season. Nagy has one shot to redeem himself. They beat the Packers Sunday, and all is well. In fact, I'll praise him.

He shits the bed tho, and he should be fired on Monday.

I'm over the guy.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Pagano I guess for the remainder of the season. Nagy has one shot to redeem himself. They beat the Packers Sunday, and all is well. In fact, I'll praise him.

He shits the bed tho, and he should be fired on Monday.

I'm over the guy.
Sad thing is that first season under Nagy, I thought he was best thing since sliced bread. I was envisioning a multi-year run of playoffs and even a couple of SB appearances. I'm not sure I've ever been more disappointed in any head coach in Chicago sports history relative to expectations.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is that first season under Nagy, I thought he was best thing since sliced bread. I was envisioning a multi-year run of playoffs and even a couple of SB appearances. I'm not sure I've ever been more disappointed in any head coach in Chicago sports history relative to expectations.
Same. Tho I always felt it was a little gadgety, and the element of the unknown was always in his favor. By season 2, I think we all had a pretty good idea of where he sat in the ranks. Once defenses figured shit out, he hasn't done much to counterpunch.

The Bears have a team that can beat the Packers. They have got to score some freaking points tho and get that goddamned running game going.

Nagy needs to give up the ghost on his run scheme, I think. Thinking back to Jordan Howard's decent stretch down the run in his last season. Nagy went back to I sets and zone-blocking, and suddenly the run game looked formidable again. He needs to do that again. Montgomery is a franchise back, IMO, but they have got to dramatically change something up front. I have never seen a back have to endure what he's endured this year. Defense are practically taking the handoff before him. It's goddamned ridiculous.

Beating the Packers heals everything tho. The entire outlook changes if that happens.

I'm still holding out hope.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why Ted Phillips is never mentioned when there is talk of the Bears possibly cleaning house. He's been around for a number of regimes even prior to Pace/Nagy. When does he get held accountable?
I mean, not much to hold Ted accountable for. He runs the business that is the "Chicago Bears". Which (outside of this COVID season) is typically a booming one. He is a finance, accounting, and marketing management guy. If anything, you could even argue he's the one guy at the top doing his job.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, not much to hold Ted accountable for. He runs the business that is the "Chicago Bears". Which (outside of this COVID season) is typically a booming one. He is a finance/accounting/marketing/management guy. If anything, you could even argue he's the one guy at the top doing his job.
He's still largely responsible for those under him and who he's brought on. All I'm saying is if we're going to clean house, then clean the damn house.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. Tho I always felt it was a little gadgety, and the element of the unknown was always in his favor. By season 2, I think we all had a pretty good idea of where he sat in the ranks. Once defenses figured shit out, he hasn't done much to counterpunch.

The Bears have a team that can beat the Packers. They have got to score some freaking points tho and get that goddamned running game going.

Nagy needs to give up the ghost on his run scheme, I think. Thinking back to Jordan Howard's decent stretch down the run in his last season. Nagy went back to I sets and zone-blocking, and suddenly the run game looked formidable again. He needs to do that again. Montgomery is a franchise back, IMO, but they have got to dramatically change something up front. I have never seen a back have to endure what he's endured this year. Defense are practically taking the handoff before him. It's goddamned ridiculous.

Beating the Packers heals everything tho. The entire outlook changes if that happens.

I'm still holding out hope.
He went back to the I for the first time mid-season last year. He just changed to a zone blocking scheme in late 2018.

Regardless, I don't think we could run the ball behind this line in any scheme.

I agree that finding a way to beat GB makes this season pretty interesting again. Especially seeing as we would follow that up with games vs DET, HOU, JAX, and MIN after that. Before what could be a winner take all game vs GB at home in the final week.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still largely responsible for those under him and who he's brought on. All I'm saying is if we're going to clean house, then clean the damn house.
Who did Phillips bring on that's hurting our O-line and QB play? The head of accounting?

Mike McCaskey hired Ernie Accorsi as a consultant in 2016 who recommended Ryan Pace to him, along with some other key front office parts. Ted Phillips oversees the books, pricing, merchandising, advertising, marketing, etc. Somehow this business continues to thrive and actually demonstrate growth despite a total shit product on the field most every year. If I own the Bears - I sure as shit ain't firing that guy.

That would be like firing a band's marketing director when they sell out arenas and albums worldwide... since you think the guitarist and lead singer sucks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, fair enough - if you're saying Phillips had absolutely nothing to do with Pace's hiring, then I stand corrected.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one thing's for certain. Nagy outlasted the Lions Matt Patricia, who just got the ax. They were hired around the same time.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh....Nagy is done.

He gawn...

He gawner than gawn...

He so gawn that if Hawk Harrelson died today, he would rise in 3 days Jesus-Style to proclaim he gawn.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats your guys thoughts on Pace?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1