• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Miguel Cabrera the best hitter ever

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI...very 1st post....

Miggy - overrated
Cabrera in the elite category...

what are you guys missing?

I'm missing where anything was mentioned about him being talked about as an 'all-time great'? The comment from the OP which brought on the discussion is saying he isn't an elite hitter, unless he proves he can produce while injured (as if that has ANYTHING to do with how good a player is).

With that logic -- does that mean if a player goes thru his career without suffering an injury, they are never an elite player?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to hear tigers fans, they have won back to back WS the last few years...too many tools left out of the shed of realistic beliefs.

dabums -- your problem is -- you listen to one tiger poster in the AL Central thread (Dougie) and lump the entire Tiger fan base into that group.

If you talk to the overwhelming majority of Tiger fans -- they know the flaws in the team and readily admit them. Instead of having intelligent conversations regarding the teams, you'd rather troll and nit pick, which is exactly what you do on CBS as well.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm missing where anything was mentioned about him being talked about as an 'all-time great'? The comment from the OP which brought on the discussion is saying he isn't an elite hitter, unless he proves he can produce while injured (as if that has ANYTHING to do with how good a player is).

With that logic -- does that mean if a player goes thru his career without suffering an injury, they are never an elite player?

let me help you read...

"I'm saying lets not put Cabrera in the elite category until he proves he can produce while playing through injuries like alot of the other greats have done."

elite - meaning top of the heap, best of the best...
alot of the other greats have done - meaning hitters throughout history in baseball.

of all people, Dougie, is definately one that is just entertaining and never to be taken seriously...

Continue to feel free to take out your frustrations for another year out on me and keep spinning things how you want to..

This post was about Cabrera being an elite hitter, wasn't started by me, but your problem of focusing on being right EVERY time with the opposite of what I state on every topic is your problem...not mine...its becoming quite entertaining though...I could say "Lou Whitiker was a great player" and somehow you will try to spin it that I am wrong and my post has no merit...I just did it with Miggy and this "book" just keeps going..amazing.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ps....just to show how mistaken you are ...I rarely get into arguments with Dougie...I enjoy reading his stuff and only say something when its so out there Capt Kirk is shaking his head.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me help you read...

"I'm saying lets not put Cabrera in the elite category until he proves he can produce while playing through injuries like alot of the other greats have done."

elite - meaning top of the heap, best of the best...
alot of the other greats have done - meaning hitters throughout history in baseball.

of all people, Dougie, is definately one that is just entertaining and never to be taken seriously...

Continue to feel free to take out your frustrations for another year out on me and keep spinning things how you want to..

This post was about Cabrera being an elite hitter, wasn't started by me, but your problem of focusing on being right EVERY time with the opposite of what I state on every topic is your problem...not mine...its becoming quite entertaining though...I could say "Lou Whitiker was a great player" and somehow you will try to spin it that I am wrong and my post has no merit...I just did it with Miggy and this "book" just keeps going..amazing.

I just need to take the advice of smitty and just start ignoring you, just like the majority of people do on these boards.

Never thought I would block someone on these boards, but I suppose I will have to figure out how, because as soon as I do -- I will be blocking you

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just need to take the advice of smitty and just start ignoring you, just like the majority of people do on these boards.

Never thought I would block someone on these boards, but I suppose I will have to figure out how, because as soon as I do -- I will be blocking you

good for you...I will just talk about Trout, Braun, Pujols, etc for now on...I will leave all Tigers players out of any discussion of top players in the league...

and imagine that, agreeing with another Tiger fan, glad you have each other to stroke your beliefs....I still can't believe that I am arguing with someone after saying Cabrera is the best hitter in the game and could go down as one of the all time greats....and still you just want to fight....amazing.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good for you...I will just talk about Trout, Braun, Pujols, etc for now on...I will leave all Tigers players out of any discussion of top players in the league...

and imagine that, agreeing with another Tiger fan, glad you have each other to stroke your beliefs....I still can't believe that I am arguing with someone after saying Cabrera is the best hitter in the game and could go down as one of the all time greats....and still you just want to fight....amazing.

sounds good -- good luck with that. i'm sure people are dying to get into a discussion with such an intellectual giant such as yourself.

maybe you can jump on the "daily thread" and have a conversation with CaptO. you guys are a match made in heaven.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds good -- good luck with that. i'm sure people are dying to get into a discussion with such an intellectual giant such as yourself.

maybe you can jump on the "daily thread" and have a conversation with CaptO. you guys are a match made in heaven.

yes, your a mensa card holder and it shows...you keep having your great discussions on the Detroit Tigers thread, where they actually think you are wise for your Tiger beliefs, should keep stroking your ego enough to let you continue to think your brilliant.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Belle's 2000 season isn't as good as you'd think just looking at HR/RBI. He batted .281/.342/.474, but he only had an OPS+ of 109. From a corner OF, that is pretty ordinary. And it's not like he was making up for it with his glove.

And Trust, Beltre will probably go down as one of the best 3rd basemen of all-time.

Interesting to note he's got virtually the same career WAR as Rolen (although 200 more games). Very underrated career

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have four or five screen names blocked. But it's just two people, Bums and another guy with 3 or 4 different accounts. They all(both) like to bash Cabrera whenever possible. It got old. Like Leyland.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have four or five screen names blocked. But it's just two people, Bums and another guy with 3 or 4 different accounts. They all(both) like to bash Cabrera whenever possible. It got old. Like Leyland.

Yet you respond more than care to read...please block me, its much better to keep the Tigers blinders on....and to not here your heavily biased opinions on everything Tigers. If your going to make something up like "I have him blocked" at least be smart enough to, well, not continuing to respond all the time...lol

goes to show you, again, I stated Cabrera is the best hitter in the game for the last 3 years and if he keeps it up for 3 to 5 more he could move into all time elite status....I guess then your right...I am bashing him...for stating it ever since I can remember stating it..lol

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, your a mensa card holder and it shows...you keep having your great discussions on the Detroit Tigers thread, where they actually think you are wise for your Tiger beliefs, should keep stroking your ego enough to let you continue to think your brilliant.

if you are going to question the intelligence of someone -- at least learn the difference between your and you're. you are just making yourself look like an even bigger fool.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

also -- i don't post on a 'detroit tigers thread'. i post in the AL Central thread. the same thread I've posted on at CBS and the same thread I've posted on since coming over here.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by TrustMeIamRight View Post

Originally Posted by broncosmitty View Post
Yet you respond more than care to read...please block me, its much better to keep the Tigers blinders on....and to not here your heavily biased opinions on everything Tigers. If your going to make something up like "I have him blocked" at least be smart enough to, well, not continuing to respond all the time...lol

goes to show you, again, I stated Cabrera is the best hitter in the game for the last 3 years and if he keeps it up for 3 to 5 more he could move into all time elite status....I guess then your right...I am bashing him...for stating it ever since I can remember stating it..lol

Genius -- he was responding to me.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are going to question the intelligence of someone -- at least learn the difference between your and you're. you are just making yourself look like an even bigger fool.

ahhh, the ol' go to, spell checking..you got me

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't block you Bums. I see doing that as admitting your ego can't stand a good left hook every so often. Simple words on a screen...from people you have never met....Big Deal. I did block one guy once, he always threatened to pee on my shoes. (Odd?) But when he isn't peeing he makes good points. Then there is 'doug'. I want to wash my eyes and mind with lye soap each time I read a post from him. Spelling and grammar scream either mental illness or 3rd grade dropout. But, I've learned to treat each of his posts as a puzzle and see if I could actually change them to recognizable English.

Open mind = Learning

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by TrustMeIamRight View Post
ahhh, the ol' go to, spell checking..you got me

actually, no. you spelled 'your' correctly. you just used it improperly. my 8 year old nephew is learning about the difference between 'your' and 'you're' -- so if you are going to talk about someone's intelligence -- at least use proper English.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, no. you spelled 'your' correctly. you just used it improperly. my 8 year old nephew is learning about the difference between 'your' and 'you're' -- so if you are going to talk about someone's intelligence -- at least use proper English.

again, nice to see an English professor as well as a professor of all things baseball wrapped up in one package...and to grace this little ol' website with such a pronounced intelect in both, we are all so lucky....

a huge thank you from me, I must say, please keep up the spell checking and grammer hunting, this board could use more of it. Glad your available.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, nice to see an English professor as well as a professor of all things baseball wrapped up in one package...and to grace this little ol' website with such a pronounced intelect in both, we are all so lucky....

a huge thank you from me, I must say, please keep up the spell checking and grammer hunting, this board could use more of it. Glad your available.

quit trying to use words to make yourself sound intelligent. you are just making yourself look like a bigger fool, as you misspell intellect and grammar.

i sure hope you didn't waste any money going to college. if you did -- you need to ask for a refund.