• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Miguel Cabrera the best hitter ever

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quit trying to use words to make yourself sound intelligent. you are just making yourself look like a bigger fool, as you misspell intellect and grammar.

i sure hope you didn't waste any money going to college. if you did -- you need to ask for a refund.

your too easy...and it painfully obvious your a "I will get the last word in" kind of guy now since there is definately no baseball being talked about in most of your posts, another approach to establish intelligence (spell checking, grammar checking, name calling and now a last worder, yep, your covering the whole list in the book How to win arguments)....(they give refunds? I am guessing you have asked to know this)

I promise, this is my last non-baseball post with you, feel free to continue on with your stellar posts and continue to believe Tigers players are better than they are...next you will be saying Garcia for Inglesis was a great trade, lol....a guy who can hit MLB pitching at 22 yr old or another "great defense no bat" SS that get passed around the majors at will.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when someone is an egomaniac or narcissistic traits (sign is if they call themselves smart or "trustmeimright", lol) I am really not too shocked at this whole string of messages...cawry on wit yo bad selv

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt this guy is a great hitter but it showed in the playoff what happens when a player gets knicked up and how you play through injuries.

Don't misunderstand what I'm about to say because I think Cabrera is a great hitter but I think he is somewhat overrated. I say this because it's not that difficult for a great hitter to put up big numbers when you're completely healthy but to continue doing it when your somewhat injured is another story. Cabrera's numbers fell off drastically after being knicked up. What happens if Cabrera stays banged up for an extended period of time and isn't able to put up huge numbers like he did before is he still a great hitter? Truly great hitter produce at a high level even when they are injured. They learn to play through injuries. One example I'll use is Mickey Mantle, he played through pain most of his career and put up great numbers.

I'm saying lets not put Cabrera in the elite category until he proves he can produce while playing through injuries like alot of the other greats have done.

This is one of the most inane, empty, ignorant analyses of a baseball player I've ever read. Congrats.

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, is someone arguing Griffey Jr. wasn't an all-time great hitter?

The man is sixth all-time in home runs, 15th in RBIs, and got on base 37% of the time over the course of his career, and all of this despite spending half of his career injured.

The man was one of the most tremendous hitters of all time. His swing was the standard of smooth. He was an elite hitter, and an all-time great.

There's absolutely no comparison between Griffey Jr.and Cabrera as a player. Ken Griffey Jr. was as complete a player as any that ever played the game.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's absolutely no comparison between Griffey Jr.and Cabrera as a player. Ken Griffey Jr. was as complete a player as any that ever played the game.

The Kid never won a Triple Crown. And Griffey never even won a batting title. (His dad almost did) Not sure it has anything to do with Miggy being an elite hitter. But this Tigers homer would take Griffey over Miggy,(he hasn't managed to steal 20 bases twice like The Kid did) so long as were talking 90's Griffey. Cuz it was basically down hill once he went home to Cincinnatti.(Man was he ever an awesome centerfielder) I went to A LOT of Ms- Tigers games growing up at Tiger Stadium. And it wasn't on account of Jay Buehner or Harold Reynolds.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Griffey is an elite player, we can determine that because his career is completed and it was extremely elite and long.

heck Carl Yaz won a Triple Crown I don't think he considered elite.

All depends on if MIggy pulls a Dale Murphy/Todd Helton...to be continue.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy has his surgery. reports said it went well.

with his groin all better......he can bend over the rest of the AL Central again.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Griffey is an elite player, we can determine that because his career is completed and it was extremely elite and long.

heck Carl Yaz won a Triple Crown I don't think he considered elite.

All depends on if MIggy pulls a Dale Murphy/Todd Helton...to be continue.

How do we define Elite? Griffey should be considered Elite. He is probably in the top five outfielders of all time. Was Yas? He is certainly in the top twenty, maybe top ten? Is that Elite?

I do agree it is unfair to try to compare Cabrera to either of these guys... yet.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we define Elite? Griffey should be considered Elite. He is probably in the top five outfielders of all time. Was Yas? He is certainly in the top twenty, maybe top ten? Is that Elite?

I do agree it is unfair to try to compare Cabrera to either of these guys... yet.

True, see your point, elite meant top 30 to 40 players of all time, Yaz was just outside of what I was calling elite but of course that was a more Natural era.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with his groin all better......he can bend over the rest of the AL Central again.

Interesting turn of phrase there doug. 'Groin'... 'bend over'. Male baseball players? Are you suggesting Miggy desires an alternative life style? Or is this a personal issue?????

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting turn of phrase there doug. 'Groin'... 'bend over'. Male baseball players? Are you suggesting Miggy desires an alternative life style? Or is this a personal issue?????

lol, coming from someone who brags to guys about a "twelve inch member", not sure how this is going to go?

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Miggy's injury was not a "knicked up" situation. The groin is a surprisingly essential part of a good swing. It's a key muscle in both weight transfer and balance through the swing. I've played with just an agitated groin, and the negative impact it had on my bat speed and therefore power was tangible. I can't imagine playing with a torn groin.

Miggy's swing was all arms through the end of the season and in the postseason. He couldn't generate bat speed from his lower body, and as a result, he simply couldn't hit the ball with the same authority. This doesn't just mean fly balls go from home runs to outs, but that line drives and ground balls are less likely to find holes in the infield and gaps in the outfield, ergo his total game suffered. And all of that assumes the effect the pain and other issues didn't affect his swing mechanics beyond that. It's likely his mechanics were off by enough to make it more difficult for Miggy to square up the ball with the same regularity.

You could not have stated what he went through better.

Good luck to the Pirates, what a great story they were this year. My wife and I have visited your city and been to PNC, we had a wonderful time all three times we visited...

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me the best hitter of the modern Era is banned from baseball. And second place just died.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator: