• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Michigan at the point that it is going to be looking for a new coach?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think how Michigan finishes this season might play a big part.

If they lose @ Northwestern and at home against Ohio State...and perhaps if they lose their bowl game, they could be fishing for a new coach.

After thinking about it, I wonder how Les Miles feels about going back to Michigan? I know it's been brought up SEVERAL times in the past, but after seeing for how long Alabama has been dominating the SEC, I wonder if Les Miles would have some interest in going to Michigan to try and turn it around...maybe thinking there's the possibility he could turn it around, win the Big Ten, and perhaps make it to a NC. At the moment, it seems a little more plausible than trying to make it through that meatgrinder that is the SEC schedule.

We interrupt this pissing match to get back to the actual topic posited by the OP.

Well done!

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Hard to tell really. He certainly can't be worse than what you have now.

Pretty sure if he was in Michigan for 5 years he would of had the ball rolling by now.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I will say is that it would be much more fun to beat Les Miles all the time than Brady Hoke.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure if he was in Michigan for 5 years he would of had the ball rolling by now.

More than likely, though given his big game coaching, I can't say for sure you guys would be elite. He happens to be in the middle of a recruiting hotbed at a school with no discernible academic standards, and even when players on his team screw up off the field he just holds a "team vote" to decide if they can stay. Overall, I don't know if he is that elite of a HC. He's definitely very good, but I don't think he's at the level of Urban or Saban.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than likely, though given his big game coaching, I can't say for sure you guys would be elite. He happens to be in the middle of a recruiting hotbed at a school with no discernible academic standards, and even when players on his team screw up off the field he just holds a "team vote" to decide if they can stay. Overall, I don't know if he is that elite of a HC. He's definitely very good, but I don't think he's at the level of Urban or Saban.

If I were David Brandon, I would have a blank check delivered to Les Miles on Dec 1 and send a plane to pick him up on Dec 2. Hopefully, he wouldn't use that check to entice Fournette to come to Baton Rouge.

He might not be the elite coach that Saban (the Urban omission is intentional) is but he is the best Michigan is going to get right now.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were David Brandon, I would have a blank check delivered to Les Miles on Dec 1 and send a plane to pick him up on Dec 2. Hopefully, he wouldn't use that check to entice Fournette to come to Baton Rouge.

He might not be the elite coach that Saban (the Urban omission is intentional) is but he is the best Michigan is going to get right now.

I don't know about that. I hate to say it, but it's still fuckin Michigan. It's a prestigious program that, even when down, is enticing. I said it when you hired him that you settled big-time for Hoke, and I still think that, maybe even more. I see him exiting after 2014 (assuming you don't all of the sudden discover how to coach talent and win when you're supposed to), and the next name will not be some relative no-name like him.

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He would be fine in the Big Ten.

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. I hate to say it, but it's still fuckin Michigan. It's a prestigious program that, even when down, is enticing. I said it when you hired him that you settled big-time for Hoke, and I still think that, maybe even more. I see him exiting after 2014 (assuming you don't all of the sudden discover how to coach talent and win when you're supposed to), and the next name will not be some relative no-name like him.

Brandon didn't want to cut the check he just wanted a yes man.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with Miles isn't his coaching ability, it is his ego. Michigan will always prioritize education and will never let the Football Program compromise it. Bo understood that and embraced it but I'm not sure Miles could. Hoke embodies everything the University of Michigan stands for (except winning).

The Hand news is huge because the casual fan will blame this on Hoke and begin to turn on him. He's done now. A year on the rumor mill will only deteriorate the program further.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly have no idea how good Les Miles actually is... He's obviously a great recruiter, but so far so is Hoke...

Part of me wonders if he just gets wins based on the amount of talent he pulls in and not so much due to his excellent coaching...

I don't think I've ever facepalmed so much watching any other coach on gameday...

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hoke will be there another year, but who knows. I'm not sure they win another game this year, though.

I mean, is there O line beat up or what? Negative rushing yards in back to back weeks is ridiculous.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hoke will be there another year, but who knows. I'm not sure they win another game this year, though.

I mean, is there O line beat up or what? Negative rushing yards in back to back weeks is ridiculous.

That is pretty crazy.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is pretty crazy.

If it happens a third time, with it being Northwestern, he should be left in Evanston and kill the university cell phone he has.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a young line, but it's also supposed to be wildly talented. And what happened to Derrick Green?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon didn't want to cut the check he just wanted a yes man.

That's about the extent of what Brady is able to eloquently say...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPxPSzz0LBY]Brady Hoke: Philosopher King - YouTube[/ame]

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a young line, but it's also supposed to be wildly talented. And what happened to Derrick Green?

Hoke being Hoke. Giving his senior all of the touches no matter what.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be. Did you see how excited he was to beat Toledo this year? Wasn't that at home? I don't think he quite understands Michigan if he pumps his fist after that near miss.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be. Did you see how excited he was to beat Toledo this year? Wasn't that at home? I don't think he quite understands Michigan if he pumps his fist after that near miss.

Akron not Toledo