• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Kirby Smart, Mark Richt 2.0???

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richt also doesn’t have a soup bowl haircut.
I’d think a Florida fan of all people would acknowledge the difference between Kirby and Richt. How many wins against Florida did Richt have 3 years in?

3-9 is fine as long as the 3 wins are against Florida, Auburn and Tech

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES HE IS!

And he would have gotten away with his shenanigans too if it weren't for those meddling kids and their nosey dog..
kirby.gif

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, so we have a "he must be cheating" post. From an Auburn fan, of all places.
If anyone knows about recruiting violations, it’s an Auburn fan.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richt also doesn’t have a soup bowl haircut.
If I were a Gator fan, not sure I'd be discussing coach's appearance.

D2c-RjAX0AICvX1.jpg

I mean look at those pants, and the haircut.

Before you know it, he'll be all rapping with the recruits.

gents-rapper-pants.jpg

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s recruited better but hasn’t been able to get over the hump. He’s probably going to lose Fromm after this year and the WB position is going to take a step back for a couple years so he really needs to cash in this season.
He's recruited way better, and as a Gator getting sloppy seconds you should know that. And while no NC in the first 3 years, neither did Richt. Yet, CKS got over more of a hump than Richt did ... we did play for the NC 2 years ago, something fCMR never did.

I am guessing Fromm goes if he has a great year. But, if he has a great year he might get over the hump. What's a WB? If you mean QB, not overly concerned. Whoever we have - Mathis or Beck (that has to hurt to read) - will be serviceable behind our OLine.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a total dick...it's good to remind everyone occasionally by saying things like "OP is a fheg" in nearly every thread. Go ahead and give it a shot, you'll earn immediate skreet cred

Your wit is truly remarkable

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Richt first 4 seasons.
8-4
13-1
11-3
10-2

Kirby Smart first 4 seasons.
8-5
13-2
11-3
11-2

It is just so weird.

people forget that Richt's first 6-7 years were really great. If Richt kept that kind of consistency in his later years, then he wouldn't have been let go in 2015. i still think he would have been retired by now, b/c church and family had always been his #1 priority. I think Smart's #1 priority is football which is why i think he'll have more longevity than Richt.

Twiztidbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 890.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are the Wisconsin of the SEC. Will be competitive for conference titles in almost every season, but struggles to get over the hump to win the Natty. It's hard for teams to find the perfect combo of coaching and talent at the same time to win it all. Alot of schools have booted winning coaches thinking it should be easier, but in reality it is not. Perfect storms only come once in awhile, unless you are the current Bama or Clemson. Be thankful the Dawgs aren't the current Tennessee/Nebraska/Texas. How are those changes working out.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart has definitely improved UGA and his recruiting classes have been impressive. But, like with Richt, it seems like there is a cap on the level of success they can achieve. Maybe that's Kirby Smart's fault, but I doubt it because it has transcended multiple coaches over a period of almost 40 years. What gives? Is it just shit luck and playing in a tough conference or could it be something institutional? They can get right to the pinnacle of success, but cant get the rest of the way.

I'd love to hear thoughts on the topic because UGA's plight is one of the more fascinating in all of sports 2me.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to hear thoughts on the topic because UGA's plight is one of the more fascinating in all of sports 2me.

They need another inspirational speech from Bob Stoops. It would put them over the top I think. It got them really close in 17.