• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it time to look back at the preseason polls yet and LOL at them?

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were talking about Cam so the timeframe should have been obvious. Let me know which school hasn't had major infraction in football and they can laugh at everyone.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND should be favored the rest of our schedule except Stanford, so barring any insane upsets we'll be in the top 25 the rest of the year after this week. We won't be too overrated by the press rain poll in the end.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Why do you think he chose to not enter the traditional draft? At that point he was happy to come back and serve his suspension and move forward. However, the school decided they wanted to wash their hands of him, which is why he had to enter the supplemental draft instead.

He is an old ESPN reject. Giving all of us a bad name.

I don't believe he was ever thrown off the team. He went pro to avoid the 5 game suspension. If I'm not mistaken there was alot of talk and maybe it even happened that he has to serve a suspension in the NFL as well for the infraction.
I remeber thinking it was karma.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe he was ever thrown off the team. He went pro to avoid the 5 game suspension. If I'm not mistaken there was alot of talk and maybe it even happened that he has to serve a suspension in the NFL as well for the infraction.
I remeber thinking it was karma.

i think tressel did have to serve his suspension in the nfl. or, at least the nfl gave him a suspension. which was weird.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? because ohio state has been so many more top flight teams than northern illinois?

they are actually fairly comparable... skate through seasons undefeated or with 1 loss without anyone really knowing how good they are and then get pimpslapped in a BCS game. see: ohio state in 2006 and 2007, northern illinois in 2012.

i think ohio state is better than northern illinois, but that is based on their wins being slightly better and their recruiting. if they are leaps and bounds better, they certainly haven't proved it on the field.

So basically you ignore recruiting or proven head coaches when comparing teams.

this is the second time I have had to point out your blatant disregard for the obvious.

tOSU has beaten a lot more quality teams than No. Ill. May not have been top 5 teams but they have been a lot better teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pimp slapped in BCS game...

ok...

has more BCS wins than Auburn...

And an overall winning record in BCS games...

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd still be at that rank had it not been for the dismal injuries...
Sucks when things like that happen. Just saying I have no doubt UGA would be a 1 loss team still with healthy players. Not that we'd deserve #5 but pretty close to it