• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it really a surprise to anyone that the SEC is above the rest?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, only since the Civil War. You're so old you remember before then.

You wish the sec was always the best, but that's just not the case. There were large periods of time where the sec doesn't even really register on the radar. If you think you're right, then prove it somehow.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wish the sec was always the best, but that's just not the case. There were large periods of time where the sec doesn't even really register on the radar. If you think you're right, then prove it somehow.

Right back at ya, Bozo. Like I'd lift a finger to "prove" shit to you. :L

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the OP stating that others don't need to get better, the SEC needs to be restricted?

Must be a fucking millineal.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right back at ya, Bozo. Like I'd lift a finger to "prove" shit to you. :L

^ Then I've just proven it. You have nothing to back up your bullshit, so it's done. That was easy.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Then I've just proven it. You have nothing to back up your bullshit, so it's done. That was easy.

You're old. And angry. And not very bright.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One long run on sentence of stupidity....

ESPN is owned by the SEC maybe ? :crazy:
No, but you have to admit all you hear from ESPN is, SEC this and SEC that, not saying it's wrong, but ESPN makes it a point to throw in the 'SEC team' moniker whenever possible. Young players watch and want to be the best. I'm sure ESPN started the conference competition thing several years ago, and it has taken off, especially when the SEC wins like 7 NC's in a row. Nothing stupid about anything I said, so suck a nut.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but you have to admit all you hear from ESPN is, SEC this and SEC that, not saying it's wrong, but ESPN makes it a point to throw in the 'SEC team' moniker whenever possible. Young players watch and want to be the best. I'm sure ESPN started the conference competition thing several years ago, and it has taken off, especially when the SEC wins like 7 NC's in a row. Nothing stupid about anything I said, so suck a nut.

Maybe....just maybe...

The reason the SEC is talked about so much on ESPN is due to the success thay have had winning so many bowl games and NCs the past several years ?

Nahhhhhhhhhhhh ! Couldn't be that ! No waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay !

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the OP stating that others don't need to get better, the SEC needs to be restricted?

You nailed that one.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything goes in cycles. There was a time when OU and Nebraska were at the top every year... never thought that would come to an end, but it did.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC got to where it was by the following:

1. Huge network deals that brought tons of cash into the conference.
2. That money was invested in coaching staffs and facilities.
3. Competition, obsession and pride have started "program wars' between the schools to be the best.
4. Florida, Georgia and in general all over the Southeast the high school football is incredible and producing a large supply of quality recruits that are ready to play.

The other conferences are catching up with facilities and coaching staffs but the SEC has a decade lead on all but a few programs. It is that simple.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything goes in cycles. There was a time when OU and Nebraska were at the top every year... never thought that would come to an end, but it did.

That's it in a nutshell. No one stays at the top forever. I'm sure the blue bloods will find a way to get back on top. Its only a matter of time.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it in a nutshell. No one stays at the top forever. I'm sure the blue bloods will find a way to get back on top. Its only a matter of time.
Nebraska can't recruit nationally like they once did due to competition and they don't have the precision offense that was so dominating when they were good. Since their home recruiting base is so small and inadequate I doubt they will be much of a factor in the future and if they are it will be almost impossible to maintain.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska can't recruit nationally like they once did due to competition and they don't have the precision offense that was so dominating when they were good. Since their home recruiting base is so small and inadequate I doubt they will be much of a factor in the future and if they are it will be almost impossible to maintain.

I was more or less referring to Michigan, Ohio St, Texas, Oklahoma....

Tom Osborne cheating and buying players is a thing of the past for Nebraska. Hope they enjoyed it while it lasted !

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL ! Good one WT !

I am just reading some of the "whining" about how we played these bowl games in our "region".

That's a new one. I haven't seen that excuse before.

I do believe the players from both teams in a bowl game get plenty of rest from the last game of the season to post season play. The coaches also have plenty of time to prepare game plans for their opponent.

But I guess it's so much easier to point fingers and make excuses. Sad really !
Hell, as long as there are 25 Bowls in Florida they will be in the SEC/ACC footprint!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You gotta be a baby boomer!

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, as long as there are 25 Bowls in Florida they will be in the SEC/ACC footprint!

So What ! What difference does it make where the bowl is played ? I'm sure the coaches, players and fans attending would perfer it be held in sunny Florida anyway !

The rules of the game don't change because it is held in Florida do they ?

Same size field ? Same set of downs ?

The same right ?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As are the California Bowls for the PAC
Texas Bowls for the Big 12

There is a reason 90% of the bowls are in Florida or California...people like to go there. The only reason there is a Bowl in Birmingham, AL is that the SEC is headquartered there and live rent free on the City of Birmingham so they put an SEC team in the bowl every year in return.

Saying the SEC only plays bowls in their backyard is a BS argument because it completely ignores what everyone else does (except for the B1G and no one wants to play in Detroit, Indy or Philly in Dec and Jan).

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As are the California Bowls for the PAC
Texas Bowls for the Big 12

There is a reason 90% of the bowls are in Florida or California...people like to go there. The only reason there is a Bowl in Birmingham, AL is that the SEC is headquartered there and live rent free on the City of Birmingham so they put an SEC team in the bowl every year in return.

Saying the SEC only plays bowls in their backyard is a BS argument because it completely ignores what everyone else does (except for the B1G and no one wants to play in Detroit, Indy or Philly in Dec and Jan).

Plus, not many people want to go to Minneapolis in December. Orlando or southern California is much more appealing.

Frankly, as a player I'd be kinda bummed if my bowl game was in my own backyard. 1/2 the fun of bowl season is getting to travel to places you otherwise wouldn't be.