• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it hot enough for you?

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much why I haven't installed said AC, but this seems like a trend, it's happening more often and it's time to recognize it. Of course it will come down to cost.
Most people are not blaming one side or even 100 percent blaming humans for global warming. But it is happening, and the sooner we just accept it the better it will be for all of us.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100+ degrees you say, sounds like a typical Texas summer to me, i hate Texas summers :lm:

**edit, spelling is hard**

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, 1 fan, try and get whatever morning "cold" air there is, and have been taking 3-4 cold showers. After about 30 mins I'm completely dry. Lot of h20.
Hey my brother that just sucks so I'm going to make you a offer. Going to be a 111 tomorrow so I invite you to my home. The family room is the coolest room in the house and the couch is so comfortable I've been told it beats their bed at their home from company. I'll let you use the fan I just bought that is really kick ass. Feels like the air flow driving down the free way with the windows open.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people are not blaming one side or even 100 percent blaming humans for global warming. But it is happening, and the sooner we just accept it the better it will be for all of us.
Personally I feel humanity should study how to survive the climate change rather than worry about the effect humans have on it. Climate change is part of the cycle of life on this planet and it's going happen regardless of humans, so lets prepare for that best we can and lets quit whipping our self with guilt over what/how we could have done better. Just my 2 cents.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I feel humanity should study how to survive the climate change rather than worry about the effect humans have on it. Climate change is part of the cycle of life on this planet and it's going happen regardless of humans, so lets prepare for that best we can and lets quit whipping our self with guilt over what/how we could have done better. Just my 2 cents.
Absolutely. But its become political just like everything else. So it either does not exist at all or it is 100 percent humans fault. Good luck trying to bring logic into either persons brain.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we got triple digits for 7 days straight. i don’t mind the highs but when the lows are 72... that wears on me.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My back yard is hitting 42.5 C which is 108.5 F the last 2 days.

Smoking hot.

And my heat pump got bitchy on Friday night, but the fix it guy had it running for Saturday night,

Got you beat...

We have 2 fridge/Freezers. Main, in the Kitchen, and backroom in the landry room/ Side entrance hallway. We have a stand up freezer in the same hallway.

I go to grab some Tazikiki (sp) from the top Right corner of the main fridge and the container feels a little warm....

The main fridge blew.

So we moved everything to the freezers and the fridge....

What didn't fit...

Well....

20210627_212844.jpg

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st. I'm glad it is my 5 day weekend. That's a story for another time

2nd) I'm prying to Jeebus for 2 things....

A) Canadiens Cup win

B) For Tuesday night to come as quick as possible.

I was working in it for the past 2 days...

Oh thank God for Cherry Coke

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The left pretty much blames people for climate change, all while taking no personal responsibility. They still drive their vehicles, they still cool their homes, they still travel thousands of miles to visit family, and the list continues. Hell, they still breed…wouldn’t it be best for them to stop breeding.

I agree, if we accept climate change is happening, how do we combat it? Do we actually believe stopping CO2 emissions can do it? It can’t because nobody is willing to give up too much. So what is next? How about the world offer a reward of 1 trillion dollars to the first person to come up with a doable way of removing carbon from the atmosphere on a large scale and give them the money for their patent. Then the governments of the world can pay for the fix by carbon footprint.

Let me ask this question…even if we can’t stop climate change, how did the world recover every other time the world heated because we know the world has heated and cooled many times throughout history?

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The left pretty much blames people for climate change, all while taking no personal responsibility. They still drive their vehicles, they still cool their homes, they still travel thousands of miles to visit family, and the list continues. Hell, they still breed…wouldn’t it be best for them to stop breeding.

I agree, if we accept climate change is happening, how do we combat it? Do we actually believe stopping CO2 emissions can do it? It can’t because nobody is willing to give up too much. So what is next? How about the world offer a reward of 1 trillion dollars to the first person to come up with a doable way of removing carbon from the atmosphere on a large scale and give them the money for their patent. Then the governments of the world can pay for the fix by carbon footprint.

Let me ask this question…even if we can’t stop climate change, how did the world recover every other time the world heated because we know the world has heated and cooled many times throughout history?
And you were pretty much saying it didnt exist.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never claimed it doesn’t exist. Again, people read into statements what they want to get out of them.
Pretty much how you like to believe it is one side and not both.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its not a question about how the world will be fine. The world will of course be fine. The world has been around long before we existed and it will be around long after we are gone.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much why I haven't installed said AC, but this seems like a trend, it's happening more often and it's time to recognize it. Of course it will come down to cost.

It's a freaky high pressure that we rarely see but we do see it in the PNW. I didn't forget 2015 and remembered it was hot then so I looked it up. 51 days over 80F and 12 over 90F ( they didn't scale to 100 ) I do believe we had 6 or so days over 100. I bet dollars to donuts we get a cold Winter.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its pathetic that the housing market is so ridiculously expensive and you pay all these fortune and the house doesnt even come with decent AC which is a freaking quality of life. Paying 650k for a 3 bed 2 bath or a 2k+ in rent and people cant have an air con unit installed for times like this.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I spend 2 months of the year in the inland empire in southern Cali during the summer ( July through August ) 110-115 is not un-heard of. Also Harold is a whole house AC worth it when you only see these type temps once in a blue moon? you can get 28,000 BTU window units that can cool off 2000+ Square feet when it's needed. or just put a couple 10,000 BTU units in like one in living room and one in bedroom and you can get 10,000 BTU units for less than $200

then for the other 9-10 months of the year you can store them.

A lot cheaper than having a $4000-$7000 whole house AC installed.

We have 2 12,000 window units in California and that cools off the whole house but it's only 1100sq.ft.
The short answer to your question on whole house AC is: Yes, its worth it

A whole house AC unit adds value to your home for either refinance or sale. Continually using the in-window units likely will detract value from your home because you are probably going to end up damaging your window, carpet or something else, in one way or another (minor thing... not likely major damage, but its possible depending on how serious you are about sealing the opening, mounting the unit [for full in-window], etc).

We had in window units for about the last decade until we decided to get the whole house AC added a few months back and we're very happy with it; we would use the in window-unit for probably 4+ months out of every year (in the Seattle area) so it really isn't once in a blue-moon.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really hot for Seattle weather. My window air conditioners can't keep up. I got in my car yesterday and burnt my hands on the steering wheel, I now put on gloves when I get in the car. LOL.
And yet many still deny global warming is a reality