• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it hot enough for you?

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I live near the water, Boston 95 me 81 at 71 miles away driving distance.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposed to hit 113 in Spokane tomorrow. We’re prepared for it over here because we get hot weather quite often. I have a C throughout the house so we’ve been comfortable. But man, doing yard work has been miserable…. I am waiting for a bunch of fires to start up. It’s bound to happen

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you have to say about Texas having winter time a few months ago?
Global Warming means world wide. Texas is not the entire world and winter in Texas does not make Global Warming invalid

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the same account, the PNW being hotter than normal for a few days doesn't confirm global warming either.
No it wouldn't, but scientists have been monitoring temperatures and signs of the affects of global warming for at least a decade now. Some of the results is the melting of glaciers world wide, The ice in the north pole melting. I have been visiting numerous national parks from Utah to the Canadian Boarder, the results are astonishing. Temperatures world wide are hotter this summer than ever before. Temperatures in California have been rising in the summer have been increasing each year. With each year - less rain and snow in the winter and hotter temperatures in the summer. The only ones who don't look at the facts and still deny it are ones with their heads in their asses.

Now my argument is that while global warming is a fact - Not all of it was triggered by technology, pollution and etc. Some or much of it may very well be natural - That by itself,, however would not be a reason to ignore the damage that mankind has been doing to the earth. There are some reports now that the Colorado River is drying up. I think that report may be stretched sum because the Colorado starts in Rocky National Park and the Green River meets it in Utah and gives up the water which then goes through Utah, California, Arizona and Nevada., so I do think there will always be some water. The fear and concern that there won't be enough water to sustain all of the states down into Mexico and considering that there was a few times in the last 20 years that Colorado almost cut off the water for themselves, I think that concern is quite legitimate.

The latest report a few weeks ago stated, that the hot temperatures are global, record highs never seen before and only going to get worse this summer. It's foolish to ignore these things and continue to do absolutely nothing.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wouldn't, but scientists have been monitoring temperatures and signs of the affects of global warming for at least a decade now. Some of the results is the melting of glaciers world wide, The ice in the north pole melting. I have been visiting numerous national parks from Utah to the Canadian Boarder, the results are astonishing. Temperatures world wide are hotter this summer than ever before. Temperatures in California have been rising in the summer have been increasing each year. With each year - less rain and snow in the winter and hotter temperatures in the summer. The only ones who don't look at the facts and still deny it are ones with their heads in their asses.

Now my argument is that while global warming is a fact - Not all of it was triggered by technology, pollution and etc. Some or much of it may very well be natural - That by itself,, however would not be a reason to ignore the damage that mankind has been doing to the earth. There are some reports now that the Colorado River is drying up. I think that report may be stretched sum because the Colorado starts in Rocky National Park and the Green River meets it in Utah and gives up the water which then goes through Utah, California, Arizona and Nevada., so I do think there will always be some water. The fear and concern that there won't be enough water to sustain all of the states down into Mexico and considering that there was a few times in the last 20 years that Colorado almost cut off the water for themselves, I think that concern is quite legitimate.

The latest report a few weeks ago stated, that the hot temperatures are global, record highs never seen before and only going to get worse this summer. It's foolish to ignore these things and continue to do absolutely nothing.
The topic of global warming is best suited for the PF. This thread was just to comment on the current weather locally.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So? Feel free to start a thread on the matter in the PF.
I am done - I have been thinking about spending a few hundred dollars for an air conditioner for the living room - then I can turn off the central air and just cool off the part of the house I am in and save some money.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I spend 2 months of the year in the inland empire in southern Cali during the summer ( July through August ) 110-115 is not un-heard of. Also Harold is a whole house AC worth it when you only see these type temps once in a blue moon? you can get 28,000 BTU window units that can cool off 2000+ Square feet when it's needed. or just put a couple 10,000 BTU units in like one in living room and one in bedroom and you can get 10,000 BTU units for less than $200

then for the other 9-10 months of the year you can store them.

A lot cheaper than having a $4000-$7000 whole house AC installed.

We have 2 12,000 window units in California and that cools off the whole house but it's only 1100sq.ft.
My heatpump went kapoots last winter and upgraded to a new sooped up unit that cost $16,000. Definitely liking the investment right now.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My heatpump went kapoots last winter and upgraded to a new sooped up unit that cost $16,000. Definitely liking the investment right now.
Heat pumps are the norm up here. I put a new heavy duty unit in about 6 years ago for around $6000. Great unit. You paid 16 large? That's a bucket load!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat pumps are the norm up here. I put a new heavy duty unit in about 6 years ago for around $6000. Great unit. You paid 16 large? That's a bucket load!

We are nearing the end of the life of our current unit.

And when we do upgrade it will likely encompass the gas furnace as well as it is long in the tooth as well.

Cannot imagine life without it.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are nearing the end of the life of our current unit.

And when we do upgrade it will likely encompass the gas furnace as well as it is long in the tooth as well.

Cannot imagine life without it.
Yeah, I did my gas furnace at the same time too. Was pretty sure it was on borrowed time.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it was insanely expensive

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't included in your $6K figure as well was it?

I'm likely looking at close to $20K.
Nope, the heat pump was 6 and the furnace was also 6 in 2015 dollars. Do some shopping arount. The reno centers also do furnace and heat pump installs and offer 10 year end to end guarantees. Prices not too high. Worth checking.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey my brother that just sucks so I'm going to make you a offer. Going to be a 111 tomorrow so I invite you to my home. The family room is the coolest room in the house and the couch is so comfortable I've been told it beats their bed at their home from company. I'll let you use the fan I just bought that is really kick ass. Feels like the air flow driving down the free way with the windows open.

That is very nice of you, but I will be fine. If it becomes too much I could always go to my folks who have AC.