• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Durant the Best Right now?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I completely dismissed this but then I realized how offensive centric this game is.

As a scorer I think it is pretty hands down a yes. 90-50-40 club.

But does his Offense do enough to over take LBJs D? His rebounding and assists?

I think we should ignore last years playoffs as he was not used to being the guy all year and with no preparation was thrown into the mix, it is not the same as LBJ dragging those cavs to the finals, he knew what his team was going to be all year.

1 thing I know we can all agree on is that he needs more touches.

if you bring up Kobe as the "best in the game right now" we all get to laugh at you and discredit everything you say on the topic thereafter, you know who you are.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant is the 2nd best player in the game behind LeBron.

The top 3 players right now are LeBron, Durant, and CP3.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sman will be here shortly.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I completely dismissed this but then I realized how offensive centric this game is.

I think we should ignore last years playoffs as he was not used to being the guy all year and with no preparation was thrown into the mix, it is not the same as LBJ dragging those cavs to the finals, he knew what his team was going to be all year.

if you bring up Kobe as the "best in the game right now" we all get to laugh at you and discredit everything you say on the topic thereafter, you know who you are.

Lebron is the best player in the game, but the gap between him and Durant is not nearly as big as the Lebroniacs want you to believe it is!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about being the best, but I do think he is just as good as the pile of shit named Lebron James:lol:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is a complete player. He's #1 by a mile.

Durant is arguably #2. If he gets tougher on D that gap between him and Lebron shrinks.

A lot of guys can be argued for #3, and yes, Kobe is one of them. I don't personally believe he is, but numbers don't lie.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a gap between Lebron and Durant. Stats don't tell the story, I also think that this league will eventually be Durant's in about 4 to 5 years when he himself hits his late 20's.

Durant is by far the better jump shooter, but that's the only thing he has on Lebron. Lebron does everything else better and so far as a better basketball IQ.

Durant has always been the man in OKC, that's not even debatable. I don't put that loss in the 2nd round on him at all. No one, particularly Ibaka stepped up when Westbrook went down. Losing your starting PG has to be the hardest injury to overcome given that they're the ones who usually sets up the offense.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll assume you're leaving Kobe out because of the injury?...Otherwise you don't have a clue.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a gap between Lebron and Durant. Stats don't tell the story, I also think that this league will eventually be Durant's in about 4 to 5 years when he himself hits his late 20's.

Durant is by far the better jump shooter, but that's the only thing he has on Lebron. Lebron does everything else better and so far as a better basketball IQ.

Durant has always been the man in OKC, that's not even debatable. I don't put that loss in the 2nd round on him at all. No one, particularly Ibaka stepped up when Westbrook went down. Losing your starting PG has to be the hardest injury to overcome given that they're the ones who usually sets up the offense.

The gap is more sizeable than people think. The ONLY thing Durant has on Lebron is his jump shot. Everything else Lebron has on him by a mile. Hell Lebron is one of the best passers in the game. One of the best defenders in the game. One of the smartest players in the game. It will take a few years until Durant becomes #1, I think he needs to bulk up and develop a post game, but this Wiggins kid is VERY good.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CP3? That's a joke. Kobe is easily top 3, even at his advanced age. No way is Chris Paul top 3.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron is not a good defender. He doesn't block shots, make many steals, and plays soft man to man defense...That's why he's never called for fouls...The fact that he's made an all-defense team is laughable. Statistically he's not in any top defensive category and if you watch him play you say he just lays off his man. That's why his man constantly goes for 20 or 30 points...

Defensively Durant probably is a little better than Lebron. Durant is a better shot blocker, rebounder and of course scorer. And Durant doesn't freeze up under pressure like Lebron has his entire career.
However Lebron does get more assists, as well as a lot more turnovers..

When they met in the finals Durant clearly outplayed Lebron, but Lebron's teammates badly outplayed Durants...I have to say Durant is a little better overall...Primarly because of his offensive skills under pressure, and the fact that Durant is also a better defender.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gap is more sizeable than people think. The ONLY thing Durant has on Lebron is his jump shot. Everything else Lebron has on him by a mile. Hell Lebron is one of the best passers in the game. One of the best defenders in the game. One of the smartest players in the game. It will take a few years until Durant becomes #1, I think he needs to bulk up and develop a post game, but this Wiggins kid is VERY good.

lebron is not that good of a passer. His assist to turnover ratio is pretty poor. Lebron usuallly leads the league in turnovers...

Lebron is also a poor defender....Just look at his stats. Or watch him play. He's non-existent defensively, other than a rare block shot he gets. His defensive rep is all based on Espn/nike hyping him up...But in reality he's weak defensively

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about Kobe but he was still the best shooting guard in the game last year.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron is not that good of a passer. His assist to turnover ratio is pretty poor. Lebron usuallly leads the league in turnovers...

Lebron is also a poor defender....Just look at his stats. Or watch him play. He's non-existent defensively, other than a rare block shot he gets. His defensive rep is all based on Espn/nike hyping him up...But in reality he's weak defensively

I've seen LeBron make passes as good as any point guard in the league.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is about as complete of player as there is currently is in the NBA. He is by far the best player in world. Durant #2. Durant is a scorer. Best scorer currently in the league. He needs to improve in other areas (not that he is necessarily bad in other areas). Durant is still young though and yet to hit his prime.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just quoted like...all of you. This has to be the sanest conversation we have ever had in this forum.

First off, @Sman, Kobe is being left off the 3 spot due to injury. If we went up until kobe's injury there is a strong case for him being #3 that nobody can argue against. He put together one of his best performances ever. He adapted to situations and the need for him to pass like he has never done before. If he would have done that his whole career we would be comparing LBJ to Kobe rather than MJ.

Last year while watching the games I just kind of thought LBJ was miles ahead. I really think it is much closer than I thought. He needs to develop his post game and be shut down 5 to 3 on D...which will require about 15 more pounds with out losing any quickness.

Then I went through their stats, on paper the only thing LBJ has a decent edge on Durant is assists. That may seem minor but what that reaffirms to me is LBJ is running the team while Durant is not. That is BB IQ.

I do not think many people will argue that is a big difference. It boils down to BB IQ and LBJ is miles ahead. Ignoring it would be like saying Stafford is a better QB than Peyton because he throws harder. Putting to much emphasis on it though would be like saying Drew Henson is a better QB than Peyton because he scored higher on his Wonderlic test.

Durant has a little further to go, but if he learns to use the tools in his box we could very well be discussing Durant vs LBJ in a few years with us LBJ fans then being the old timers dismissing everything the young whipper snappers are saying in an attempt to hold on to our past. :D

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end I do feel like LBJ is a ways ahead of Durant, but with Durants size I do not think it would be hard for him to overtake LBJ.

Durant will win the MVP next year mainly due to his 3 year campaign and voter fatigue. LBJ will still be the best in the league for at least 2 more years.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end I do feel like LBJ is a ways ahead of Durant, but with Durants size I do not think it would be hard for him to overtake LBJ.

Durant will win the MVP next year mainly due to his 3 year campaign and voter fatigue. LBJ will still be the best in the league for at least 2 more years.

Durant 6'9'' 236lbs
James 6'8'' 249lbs.

They are essentially the same size.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant 6'9'' 236lbs
James 6'8'' 249lbs.

They are essentially the same size.

Durant is a beanpole. There is no way that he is remotely close to LeBrons size. I would rank Kobe second to LeBron. He has a much better all around game than Durant.