• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Chris Davis on steroids or PEDs?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, HesStupidherThanUs. :nod:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? Kemp had an awful season the year before he blew up. Anyone at any time could be on peds, i say as fans we give players the benefit though otherwise why even bother if we speculate any player that has a huge season is on peds. Trout was also not impressive in his time in the bigs the year before. Bautista, encarnacion, dickey...peds? If you really want to talk about a player comin out of nowhere talk about bautista.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp and Trout didn't have enormous jumps in offensive output. The same for Miggy. If he has been using, it started long ago. Kemp's injuries would also dilute your theory.

Its not a theory, i dont think kemp was on peds and i dont think davis is either. Just saying every season theres a player ala chris davis.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it turned out the more consistent player who beat him in the MVP vote WAS on PEDs.

Yesh and unlike chris davis braun has been consistently awesome every season so there goes that theory that a spoke in offensive output equals peds since braun doesnt fit into that criteria, fuck that guy btw. He seems like a real pos.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a theory, i dont think kemp was on peds and i dont think davis is either. Just saying every season theres a player ala chris davis.

Actually, when you start out a thought or sentence with "I think", it is conjecture and therefore a theory. If you can support facts to prove and not just support your theory, that is a different story. None of us have those facts to definitively prove or disprove the question. If we did, this thread would be irrelevant (except for the I told you so's)

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the hand-wringing over PEDs is so tiresome and boring at this point. Just watch the games and enjoy the action. Is that so hard? That's the whole point of pro sports. It's entertainment. It's a distraction. Nobody gives a shit about the league-wide use in the NFL, because people just watch the action and want to see their team win. It only matters in baseball because of the stats. The funny thing is that the mouthbreathers who get so bent out of shape about PEDs probably don't even really pay close attention to the stats anyway.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. You are illiterate. I clearly said "no one said it's acceptable", but you interpreted that to mean "you accept it". Awesomesauce.

I'm not illiterate, Tesla, I have great reading comprehension skills. You are good with PED's. Got it.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not illiterate, Tesla, I have great reading comprehension skills. You are good with PED's. Got it.
No, apparently you don't, since you've put words in my mouth several times in this thread. You did it in this very post, since I never said I was "good with PEDs".

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, when you start out a thought or sentence with "I think", it is conjecture and therefore a theory. If you can support facts to prove and not just support your theory, that is a different story. None of us have those facts to definitively prove or disprove the question. If we did, this thread would be irrelevant (except for the I told you so's)

Not that this really matters, i see you get into pointless arguments like this on the tigers board but i didnt say i think, i said i suppose and even if i did say i think which i didnt it wouldnt matter because its not my theory as i clearly just stated, so yeah thanks for trying to impress me with your science knowledge in a sports thread but i cant really take you seriously when you use matt kemp as your argument and then dont even read my original post.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that this really matters, i see you get into pointless arguments like this on the tigers board but i didnt say i think, i said i suppose and even if i did say i think which i didnt it wouldnt matter because its not my theory as i clearly just stated, so yeah thanks for trying to impress me with your science knowledge in a sports thread but i cant really take you seriously when you use matt kemp as your argument and then dont even read my original post.

OK, technically you said "I don't think". Perhaps that was more appropriate.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dde you totally used the technically argument about the contract extension/ signing with miggy too. Haha jalopy you crack me up. Anyhow you heard i straight from the horses mouth (im the horse) its not a theory of mine because i do not think kemp was on peds, if you want a theory from me you should peruse my other posts cuz it seems like my theory would be the opposite. So lets bust out a hypothesis and some scientific method and get this bitch rolling.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dde you totally used the technically argument about the contract extension/ signing with miggy too. Haha jalopy you crack me up. Anyhow you heard i straight from the horses mouth (im the horse) its not a theory of mine because i do not think kemp was on peds, if you want a theory from me you should peruse my other posts cuz it seems like my theory would be the opposite. So lets bust out a hypothesis and some scientific method and get this bitch rolling.

Pretty sure I proposed a theory on an earlier post and managed to stay on topic too. Pretty sure I could put together a statistical model using Davis' prior stats v 2013 and it would show a high probability that his improvement this year would be a couple standard deviations away from normal. Given that assumption, do you have another plausible explanation for his dramatic improvement other than PED's?

Quit saying what you might think or could think and enlighten us to what you do think.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, dont take everything so seriously man, i was just messing with you...do you have a plausible explanation for bautistas, kemps, encarnacins, dickeys..etc? Or should we just go around in circles. I already told you my explanation for davis' success.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly im not sure you have read through one of my posts..yet. Skimmed maybe, because everything you have said about my posts up to this point in time has been inaccurate. Are you a bot? Be honest jalopy.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly im not sure you have read through one of my posts..yet. Skimmed maybe, because everything you have said about my posts up to this point in time has been inaccurate. Are you a bot? Be honest jalopy.

Last post before I get oil squeak fixed. Your reason you don't think Davis is cheating is because, if he is, other guys are cheating too. Unfortunately, this thread is about Davis and the ridiculously abnormal jump in offensive efficiency this year. Increases of 30%, 20%, and 75% in Slugging, OPS and HR. WAR jumped from basically 0 to 7. In statistics there is a word for these changes when the assumptions remain unchanged. Impossible. Please give me a reason other than PED's for the changes.