• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Chris Davis on steroids or PEDs?

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid thread.

No, he's not on anything.

Look at his game stats, moron: consistent once the lightbulb turned on.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a "minor" issue unless you're pos. It's immoral and unethical. Cheating may be okay in your world but it isn't in all of ours.
Immoral and unethical???? It's professional fucking sports. Who gives a shit about morals and ethics? Why is that part of the equation? Why is that expected? They're poorly educated men playing a game for entertainment. They're trying to make as much money as they can in the brief timeframe they have to make it. Get a grip on reality.

I never said cheating is okay. I said it's understandable. That doesn't mean okay. Not to mention that the sport didn't feel the need to create rules against it until 2005, so many were within their rights to believe it wasn't "cheating".

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're ridiculous.
I'm not ridiculous, you're just not intelligent enough to understand my line of thinking. What exactly did I say that's ridiculous?

Last edited by a moderator:

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PED's being acceptable by some just shows how far this country has sunk and I'm not even old.
HAHAHAHA. Using PEDs in an entertainment industry is now a microcosm of the "problems facing this country". I love it. Paranoia run rampant.

No one said acceptable. It's UNDERSTANDABLE. There's a huge difference. I'll never understand why people place the expectations on athletes that we do. They are not role models. They are not model citizens. They are not well-educated, refined gentlemen. Some are, and that's refreshing and we should appreciate it when we see it, but that is far from the norm and should not be the expectation.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if acceptable is how I feel. But it's just the current spin on an age old tradition of doing what you can to get an edge. To me, supplements aren't that much different than spit balls, corked bats, sign stealing or any other traditional form of cheating. It's not the act that gives you the biggest edge up on the competition. It's the thought of having an edge, that gives you an edge.
Great post. To me PEDs are a notch above those other forms of cheating, because it can't be policed on the field of play.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post. To me PEDs are a notch above those other forms of cheating, because it can't be policed on the field of play.

1110.gif

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid thread.

No, he's not on anything.

Look at his game stats, moron: consistent once the lightbulb turned on.

The old "he's just a gym rat who learned to hit overnight" routine. Original! :clap:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAHA. Using PEDs in an entertainment industry is now a microcosm of the "problems facing this country". I love it. Paranoia run rampant.

No one said acceptable. It's UNDERSTANDABLE. There's a huge difference. I'll never understand why people place the expectations on athletes that we do. They are not role models. They are not model citizens. They are not well-educated, refined gentlemen. Some are, and that's refreshing and we should appreciate it when we see it, but that is far from the norm and should not be the expectation.

So you accept it because it's understandable...

Gotta love that logic.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look players will always try to find a way to cut corners, cheat etc, there will always be that newest untraceable drug and peds and steroids have probably been part of baseball much longer than the bonds mcgwire era. But to say the country has sunk to new lows because some fans might find peds acceptable is just really narrow minded. Just say you disagree, players cheating and this country sinking to all time lows have nothing to do with each other. Players have been cheating since day 1.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what?!?

There is an 84.7% chance Chris Davis is taking some kind of banned substance.

Cue the juvenile namecalling "and whatsoever in the world would give you THAT idea" from Orioles homers in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And theres a 94.2 percent chance hes not. I can pull numbers out of my butt too. Davis has always had the potential, he plays his home games at camden yards and is in a relativel solid lineup. I for one expected hi to cool off quite a bit the second half and it appears he has. Its sad for baseball that anytime a player has a superb season the peds cloud shrouds over it. I suppose matt kemp and mike trou were also on peds.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a huge fan of cycling and watching what has gone on with that sport since it instituted a "no tolerance" policy toward doping, I find it interesting to see that baseball has somewhat taken a middle ground approach to PED's while the NFL largely turns the other cheek.

MLB's policy is basically hard-nosed only where it concerns addressing the press. In actuality, the cheating has only gotten more efficient and baseball is doing nothing scientifically to catch the techniques these guys are using. Someone has to make a colossal error to get caught. From talking to agents and coaches in the sport (mostly former minor league players), it appears that about 70-80% are still talking PED's in various degrees.

To answer the OP's original question, there is so much statistical evidence that Davis is using that he would be convicted in almost any court, and certainly is guilty in the court of public opinion. In cycling, they measure a cyclist's power wattage output and can tell with 100% certainty if a rider exceeds certain numbers, he is not doing it naturally. Similarly in baseball bat speed, timing, quickness can be measured to see if Davis has improved. It would be interesting to see those numbers but it is no one's interest to publish them.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And theres a 94.2 percent chance hes not. I can pull numbers out of my butt too. Davis has always had the potential, he plays his home games at camden yards and is in a relativel solid lineup. I for one expected hi to cool off quite a bit the second half and it appears he has. Its sad for baseball that anytime a player has a superb season the peds cloud shrouds over it. I suppose matt kemp and mike trou were also on peds.

Kemp and Trout didn't have enormous jumps in offensive output. The same for Miggy. If he has been using, it started long ago. Kemp's injuries would also dilute your theory.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you accept it because it's understandable...

Gotta love that logic.
Wow. You are illiterate. I clearly said "no one said it's acceptable", but you interpreted that to mean "you accept it". Awesomesauce.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp and Trout didn't have enormous jumps in offensive output. The same for Miggy. If he has been using, it started long ago. Kemp's injuries would also dilute your theory.
Kemp's 2011 season is nearly as anomalous as Davis's 2013.