• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Chris Davis on steroids or PEDs?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the title of this thread isn't "Are Chris Davis and Miguel Cabrera on steroids or PEDs?"

Why is only Chris Davis questioned?

Has anyone seen how fat Miguel is lately? If anyone is on PED's or Steroids, it's him.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Has anyone seen how fat Miguel is lately? If anyone is on PED's or Steroids, it's him.

So because this thread doesn't question player XYZ, they'll never be questioned? :scratch:

If you want to question him, start a new thread and do it.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, all I care about is steroids and I never want those allowed but Adderall and HGH should be legalized. It makes no sense.

I agree with you on Adderall and HgH especially if you look at some studies here:

I however believe that even the elevation of steroids to a cult status in baseball is silly considering that baseball in general and home runs in particular require more specialized skills than mere brute strenght.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cabrera has been doing his thing for a long time now. It's not like he had a giant spike in production. :L

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what MLB has come to every time a player does well he is automatically juicing.

Thank you Bond, McGuire, Sosa, and Arod, for ruining the game, that i loved so very much.

Statements like this make me physically ill.

First, how is it ruined? It's financially successful. It's still the #2 sport in the country by a wide margin. It's a very popular topic in most cities on sports talk radio and on the major sports TV networks. The on-field product is the best of any sport. This doesn't sound like a ruined sport to me.

Secondly, I question how much you loved the sport if such a minor issue is enough to "ruin" the sport for you. I can also see you're a huge hypocrite since you obviously watch NFL football, which has rampant PED use. Ray Lewis was so loaded up with steroids I'm amazed he didn't sprout hooves and turn into a horse.

Why is it only the fault of those guys? What about the non-star players who used? What about the owners that facilitated it? What about the writers who looked the other way? What about the fans who cheered the homers even though we knew they weren't on the level? If anything, the players might be the least to blame. They made an understandable decision in an environment where there were no repercussions for the action.

Last edited by a moderator:

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to watch baseball when they allow cheaters like Arod to play. The game it self is still great the way it's run is what ruined it for me. Loved the game back in the 70's and 80's, but now i can't even sit through a single game because every where i turn i see a cheater.
Yet, you watch football. Unbelievable.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's McGwire.

None of them "ruined" the game, especially not those two. The worst of the bunch is the highly indigant, finger-wagging Rafael Palmeiro. And if you don't love baseball anymore because of them, you never really did.
This is a rare moment, but I absolutely 100% agree with the bolded statement.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what MLB has come to every time a player does well he is automatically juicing.

Thank you Bond, McGuire, Sosa, and Arod, for ruining the game, that i loved so very much.

This is Exhibit A of how the lazy and ignorant pundits in the media massage our belief system. Just because the media was silent or ignored it in the '70s. 80s and 90s is no proof that steroids were not used during this period.

"According to Dr. Michael Colgan, PhD, CCN, The Colgan Institute, "during the 60s and 70s, tens of thousands of American physicians prescribed steroids freely to athletes."An excellent overview of the literature on steroid history by Michael S. Bahrke, Charles E. Yesalis III, and James E. Wright illustrates how steroids use has been pervasive among athletes in the 70's."

As someone aptly put it:
"Given that history and background, the lack of knowledge of possible side-effects, the lack of criminal statutes governing their use, and the driven nature of professional athletes, what kind of naivete is required to maintain that the game of MLB was clean in the 1960s and 1970s, and dirty in the 1990s and 2000s? "

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Davis. He ain't juicing. He's been that big since he was in HS. It just took him a few years in the big leagues to ''get it''. There's a big difference between a kid in his 20's having a big jump power wise and say Barry Bonds having a jump at 40

I just want to ask you this simple question. Jose Canseco accused McGwire of steroids use in the late 80's and in 1994 FBI's "Operation Equine" nailed Canseco and McGwire of steroids use. How come none of them broke Maris record until McGwire turned 34 well past his supposed peaking age of 27? McGwire was taking steroids in his 20's.

Last edited by a moderator:

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Davis. He ain't juicing. He's been that big since he was in HS. It just took him a few years in the big leagues to ''get it''. There's a big difference between a kid in his 20's having a big jump power wise and say Barry Bonds having a jump at 40
What jump did Barry Bonds have at 40?

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Why is it only the fault of those guys? What about the non-star players who used? What about the owners that facilitated it? What about the writers who looked the other way? What about the fans who cheered the homers even though we knew they weren't on the level? If anything, the players might be the least to blame. They made an understandable decision in an environment where there were no repercussions for the action.

This has been my thought the entire time although I'm not sure I will go as far as the players owning the least of the blame. That's just me though. I would say the blame can be doled out pretty equally from the commissioner's office all the way down. Let's not forget the "chicks dig the long ball" commercials that everybody loved and the record ratings and fans during the McGwire/Sosa HR battle. Selig and co. were grinning from ear to ear the whole time and owners were raking in the dough at record rates. We are all guilty and complicate and frankly, I'm about sick of the whole affair.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been my thought the entire time although I'm not sure I will go as far as the players owning the least of the blame. That's just me though. I would say the blame can be doled out pretty equally from the commissioner's office all the way down. Let's not forget the "chicks dig the long ball" commercials that everybody loved and the record ratings and fans during the McGwire/Sosa HR battle. Selig and co. were grinning from ear to ear the whole time and owners were raking in the dough at record rates. We are all guilty and complicate and frankly, I'm about sick of the whole affair.
That's why I say "might". The whole element of "blame" is extremely subjective. I think an environment was created where players could make a perfectly understandable decision that was essentially condoned by all the important players.

I agree about being sick of it, that's for sure. The horse has been beaten to the point where the bones are a very fine dust. Now, we have some fans and writers who want to snort the dust.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a legit question: Is Chris Davis using steroids?

Your answer, please? :suds:

Doubt it. Its not as if his power came out of nowhere. He plays half his games at Camden Yards and a significant amount at Yankee Stadium and Fenway. Without bothering to look, I assume hes done plenty of damage there. Atleast in comparison to his production in say Oakland, Minny or Detroit. But it really wouldn't matter to me if he was.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, how is it ruined? It's financially successful. It's still the #2 sport in the country by a wide margin. It's a very popular topic in most cities on sports talk radio and on the major sports TV networks. The on-field product is the best of any sport. This doesn't sound like a ruined sport to me.

Secondly, I question how much you loved the sport if such a minor issue is enough to "ruin" the sport for you. I can also see you're a huge hypocrite since you obviously watch NFL football, which has rampant PED use. Ray Lewis was so loaded up with steroids I'm amazed he didn't sprout hooves and turn into a horse.

It's not a "minor" issue unless you're pos. It's immoral and unethical. Cheating may be okay in your world but it isn't in all of ours.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheating is, was, and will always be a HUGE part of baseball. PEDs being a small part of cheating as a whole. Good for you if you're above that.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheating is, was, and will always be a HUGE part of baseball. PEDs being a small part of cheating as a whole. Good for you if you're above that.

PED's being acceptable by some just shows how far this country has sunk and I'm not even old.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I say "might". The whole element of "blame" is extremely subjective. I think an environment was created where players could make a perfectly understandable decision that was essentially condoned by all the important players.

I agree about being sick of it, that's for sure. The horse has been beaten to the point where the bones are a very fine dust. Now, we have some fans and writers who want to snort the dust.

You're ridiculous.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PED's being acceptable by some just shows how far this country has sunk and I'm not even old.

I don't know if acceptable is how I feel. But it's just the current spin on an age old tradition of doing what you can to get an edge. To me, supplements aren't that much different than spit balls, corked bats, sign stealing or any other traditional form of cheating. It's not the act that gives you the biggest edge up on the competition. It's the thought of having an edge, that gives you an edge.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is this.....

thread starter is on weed and then aspirin.

what about griffey jr hitting 30 something homers prior to the all-star break.

Smoke-up johnnie then get some sleep:clap: