• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they calling to make sure to keep you up with their discussions?

I kid....I kid. sort of.

All seriousness, you both have good points. I've always agreed with you Seattle might be better off just tanking and that they could do with their current QBs.
I look at it as a rebuild and I don't view the QBs available this off season as building pieces, so don't waste assets on them because those assets can be put to better use.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, NWPATS, you got caught in an exaggeration and as usual wont just own it. Cannot imagine I'm the only one to ever call you out on such things.
Typhoon dt what kind of cockamamie story are you brewing up this time?

Is this going to be the one where you tell us how brave you are because you (elusively) answer questions on a sports chat? Again? Oh come on the hoop and the kids at recess love that one. Sooooo brave, Princess.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, NWPATS, you got caught in an exaggeration and as usual wont just own it. Cannot imagine I'm the only one to ever call you out on such things.
Are you addressing the poster or the post?

Keep doing you.

Got to love this forum.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disagreement there, but seems we are on the way to some much needed coaching/FO stability. we'll see.
What?

I thought your FO was solid now? Never miss on a pick...

You do - do dumb well.

Keep posting, keep proving

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be wrong, but is this deal being 100% guaranteed a bit overblown? I mean, Mahomes' deal was pretty much the same deal (but he has 5 additional years that would not be guaranteed). Will say Mahomes body of work more deserving, of course, but he was also on a better team.
He also didn't have multiple sexual assault charges facing him like Watson did.

Oh and Mahomes actually plays on Sundays unlike Watson.

How long do you think it takes Watson to knock the rust off once he does get back on the field.

So yeah, I could see where you think Mahomes who also is a SB winning QB and the Watson deal are similiar.

You are precious.

Got to love this forum.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't read anything into it. During the FA period the Rams shop temporarily put up 2 shirts for players the Rams were supposedly interested in but who ultimately signed elsewhere. The Rams website also temporarily welcomed 1 of the players. The stuff was taken down within minutes but subscribers saw the notices. This stuff is just preparation work, besides which the #6 Seahawks shirt currently belongs to Quandre Diggs.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't read anything into it. During the FA period the Rams shop temporarily put up 2 shirts for players the Rams were supposedly interested in but who ultimately signed elsewhere. The Rams website also temporarily welcomed 1 of the players. The stuff was taken down within minutes but subscribers saw the notices. This stuff is just preparation work, besides which the #6 Seahawks shirt currently belongs to Quandre Diggs.
I'm just trolling.

Besides, here's Diggs take on #6

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, wouldn't other teams who likely will lose more AND have extra picks have an easier time getting a top pick next year than the Browns?
Sure, If they are higher up they'd move up to the very top for less than Cle but they would also need a QB and be willing to do it. My point was Cleveland proved they were willing to give up what it took to get a QB. Also, there are supposed to be a few top QBs coming out next year

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also didn't have multiple sexual assault charges facing him like Watson did.

Oh and Mahomes actually plays on Sundays unlike Watson.

How long do you think it takes Watson to knock the rust off once he does get back on the field.

So yeah, I could see where you think Mahomes who also is a SB winning QB and the Watson deal are similiar.

You are precious.

Got to love this forum.
The Browns obviously overpaid for Watson because of simple supply and demand. The supply of proven elite QBs willing to come to Cleveland is always zero. Until Watson, who other teams also wanted. This was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Or, from another perspective, just a new kind of opportunity for the Browns to screw themselves.

Post-Ravens Browns and their first-round skill players:

1999 Tim Couch #1​
2002 William Green #16​
2004 Kellen Winslow II #6​
2005 Braylon Edwards #3​
2007 Quinn #7​
2012 Trent Richardson #3, Brandon Weeden #22​
2014 Manziel #22​
2016 Corey Coleman #15​
2017 Njoku #29​
2018 Mayfield #1​
Two Pro-Bowl selections (Winslow and Edwards one each).​

Comparing to the Texans for fun...

2002 David Carr #1​
2003 Andre Johnson #3​
2013 DeAndre Hopkins #27​
2016 Will Fuller #21​
2017 DeShaun Watson #12​
Fourteen Pro-Bowl selections.​

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be wrong, but is this deal being 100% guaranteed a bit overblown? I mean, Mahomes' deal was pretty much the same deal (but he has 5 additional years that would not be guaranteed). Will say Mahomes body of work more deserving, of course, but he was also on a better team.
The guaranteed $ is a huge part of it IMO. Watson has almost $100M more guaranteed than Mahomes. That's an incredible difference. Also, Mahomes isn't facing an imminent suspension and possibly long term at that, isn't an absolute disgrace from a PR perspective (ignoring his brother and wife of course), isn't a sexual predator, is a much much better player, has accomplished way more and didn't cost them a shit ton of draft capital.

The most important thing to look at in any NFL contract nowadays is the guaranteed money and practical guaranteed money. The years tacked on at the end of NFL contracts are kind of meaningless and if anything benefit the team because they can pick and choose whether to pay them or not at that time.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it as a rebuild and I don't view the QBs available this off season as building pieces, so don't waste assets on them because those assets can be put to better use.
Not to insult your team, but IMO Seattle is winning nothing with a QB like Lock or Baker this year. Neither is even league average and IMO neither even has starting QB level talent. Take your lumps and try for a better, younger, cheaper QB in next year's draft to build around. If you can get Baker for $6-$9M, sure. At $19M, no way. Better off rolling that cap space into next year and signing some better free agents for the future. I think rebuild is the way to go the second you traded RW. Get a young QB to play behind what is hopefully an improved OL.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to insult your team, but IMO Seattle is winning nothing with a QB like Lock or Baker this year. Neither is even league average and IMO neither even has starting QB level talent. Take your lumps and try for a better, younger, cheaper QB in next year's draft to build around. If you can get Baker for $6-$9M, sure. At $19M, no way. Better off rolling that cap space into next year and signing some better free agents for the future. I think rebuild is the way to go the second you traded RW. Get a young QB to play behind what is hopefully an improved OL.
I think that's why Harold doesn’t want Baker. I think he prefers the Seahawks suck ass and get a QB in the 23 draft.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's why Harold doesn’t want Baker. I think he prefers the Seahawks suck ass and get a QB in the 23 draft.

And nothing wrong with that but you got some extra shitty teams to compete with to be bad enough to get Stroud or Bryce.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Watson looks like he won't suit up for the Browns until 2024, I wonder how many of the Browns players would want to roll with Brissett instead of getting Mayfield back on the field. These are prime years for a lot of those guys.

I know most of the remaining offense is still in his camp. Baker is a better qb than Brissett. Flat out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typhoon dt what kind of cockamamie story are you brewing up this time?

Is this going to be the one where you tell us how brave you are because you (elusively) answer questions on a sports chat? Again? Oh come on the hoop and the kids at recess love that one. Sooooo brave, Princess.
Story? seemed clear. You exaggerated, got caught, wont own it. Better than just lying so props for that. Don't really think it's brave to answer questions but you are a Question Coward for being spooked by them.