• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

I thought your FO was solid now? Never miss on a pick...

You do - do dumb well.

Keep posting, keep proving
so far you have not been able to come up with a pick on which they missed so it seems you agree.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also didn't have multiple sexual assault charges facing him like Watson did.

Oh and Mahomes actually plays on Sundays unlike Watson.

How long do you think it takes Watson to knock the rust off once he does get back on the field.

So yeah, I could see where you think Mahomes who also is a SB winning QB and the Watson deal are similiar.

You are precious.

Got to love this forum.
well, I did make mention Mahomes obviously has been better AND also admitted I was wrong about this as Watson does not have $200 mil+ guaranteed.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And nothing wrong with that but you got some extra shitty teams to compete with to be bad enough to get Stroud or Bryce.
And a coach with zero interest in tanking in the hopes of being good in 2024.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, If they are higher up they'd move up to the very top for less than Cle but they would also need a QB and be willing to do it. My point was Cleveland proved they were willing to give up what it took to get a QB. Also, there are supposed to be a few top QBs coming out next year
No doubt about that.....Just my opinion Cleveland would not be able to pull it off as other teams will start higher and have more ammo to move up.

By start higher meaning they will lose more games than I expect we would so will start with the higher pick.

could backfire, sure, but wont fault them for going after Watson.....and, yes, could still work out as hoped.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guaranteed $ is a huge part of it IMO. Watson has almost $100M more guaranteed than Mahomes. That's an incredible difference. Also, Mahomes isn't facing an imminent suspension and possibly long term at that, isn't an absolute disgrace from a PR perspective (ignoring his brother and wife of course), isn't a sexual predator, is a much much better player, has accomplished way more and didn't cost them a shit ton of draft capital.

The most important thing to look at in any NFL contract nowadays is the guaranteed money and practical guaranteed money. The years tacked on at the end of NFL contracts are kind of meaningless and if anything benefit the team because they can pick and choose whether to pay them or not at that time.
To that first part you are correct. For some reason was thinking Mahomes had close to the same amount guaranteed (and I did mention in another post I was wrong about that).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to insult your team, but IMO Seattle is winning nothing with a QB like Lock or Baker this year. Neither is even league average and IMO neither even has starting QB level talent. Take your lumps and try for a better, younger, cheaper QB in next year's draft to build around. If you can get Baker for $6-$9M, sure. At $19M, no way. Better off rolling that cap space into next year and signing some better free agents for the future. I think rebuild is the way to go the second you traded RW. Get a young QB to play behind what is hopefully an improved OL.
Other than saying Baker does not have starting QB level talent I agree.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Watson looks like he won't suit up for the Browns until 2024, I wonder how many of the Browns players would want to roll with Brissett instead of getting Mayfield back on the field. These are prime years for a lot of those guys.
all I've been saying. Now IF they think Brissett is just better or it's close they might just prefer to go with JB. But if Baker is clearly the better QB would think they'd prefer to win and not punt a season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns obviously overpaid for Watson because of simple supply and demand. The supply of proven elite QBs willing to come to Cleveland is always zero. Until Watson, who other teams also wanted. This was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Or, from another perspective, just a new kind of opportunity for the Browns to screw themselves.

Post-Ravens Browns and their first-round skill players:

1999 Tim Couch #1​
2002 William Green #16​
2004 Kellen Winslow II #6​
2005 Braylon Edwards #3​
2007 Quinn #7​
2012 Trent Richardson #3, Brandon Weeden #22​
2014 Manziel #22​
2016 Corey Coleman #15​
2017 Njoku #29​
2018 Mayfield #1​
Two Pro-Bowl selections (Winslow and Edwards one each).​

Comparing to the Texans for fun...

2002 David Carr #1​
2003 Andre Johnson #3​
2013 DeAndre Hopkins #27​
2016 Will Fuller #21​
2017 DeShaun Watson #12​
Fourteen Pro-Bowl selections.​
doubt anyone thinks the regimes that picked those players were mostly beyond awful. Some probably think Dorsey was OK. Geez...of all those listed for the Browns could make a strong case the only one worthy of where he went might be Njoku.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Watson looks like he won't suit up for the Browns until 2024, I wonder how many of the Browns players would want to roll with Brissett instead of getting Mayfield back on the field. These are prime years for a lot of those guys.
It doesn't matter who the Browns players would want, what matters is Baker not wanting anything to do with the Browns.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter who the Browns players would want, what matters is Baker not wanting anything to do with the Browns.
If those players all wanted Baker as this scenario is saying doesn't that take away the narrative no one wants him around? Never mind if the Browns want him there what's he gonna do, quit and not be paid?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Story? seemed clear. You exaggerated, got caught, wont own it. Better than just lying so props for that. Don't really think it's brave to answer questions but you are a Question Coward for being spooked by them.
so not brave to answer a question but to not answer a question to your satisfaction makes one a coward?
Yeah, that makes sense.
Do you even believe the crap that comes out of your pie hole?

Keep doing you. Keep posting, keep proving.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far you have not been able to come up with a pick on which they missed so it seems you agree.
Once again reading comp isn't your strong suit.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I did make mention Mahomes obviously has been better AND also admitted I was wrong about this as Watson does not have $200 mil+ guaranteed.
Still avoiding those other issues. You are priceless.

You're making a habbit of being wrong.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so not brave to answer a question but to not answer a question to your satisfaction makes one a coward?
Yeah, that makes sense.
Do you even believe the crap that comes out of your pie hole?

Keep doing you. Keep posting, keep proving.
It does make sense. I get in your world everything is 100% one way or the other but there can be an in between. It's not great or sucks, awful move or great move, coward or brave, etc.

Always happy to do me and educate you. Hope you can keep doing the recent you and go another day without lying, Tommy. I'm pulling for ya.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still avoiding those other issues. You are priceless.

You're making a habbit of being wrong.
Well, a couple times...also owning it like an adult. Hell, the last one I even self reported my mistake.

You've made a habit of lying, dancing, deflecting and moving the goal posts like a child.

Free comedy, though, so I appreciate it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does make sense. I get in your world everything is 100% one way or the other but there can be an in between. It's not great or sucks, awful move or great move, coward or brave, etc.

Always happy to do me and educate you. Hope you can keep doing the recent you and go another day without lying, Tommy. I'm pulling for ya.
I get in your make believe world, words don't have meanings. They mean only what you want them to mean depending on your narrative at the given time.

Back to class Skippy, recess is over.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your comment here was you dodging and deflecting again but still no player.

what do I win?
Nothing because it was easier for me to name hits, not the bad picks which was the original discussion.

Try to keep up. Start by stop eating your crayons.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, a couple times...also owning it like an adult. Hell, the last one I even self reported my mistake.

You've made a habit of lying, dancing, deflecting and moving the goal posts like a child.

Free comedy, though, so I appreciate it.
Clarify a couple times.

This should be good.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing because it was easier for me to name hits, not the bad picks which was the original discussion.

Try to keep up. Start by stop eating your crayons.
The original discussion was you saying how awful/bad THIS regime is at drafting and is still you not being able to name one awful/bad pick by THIS regime. You did try to make your case with bad picks made by other FOs which was comical.

Please feel free to use a lifeline if you need to on this one.