• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns don't want him lol. They would pay $0 and no they aren't apologizing. This is a business. There is a reason they looked for a replacement. Watson, even if out a year, is the future. A lot more than just one year to a future. They added Brissett to take over bc they knew Baker would not be back. Brissett isn't Baker but does it matter? They weren't winning it all with Baker anyway.
I mean, we did win 11 games and a playoff game with him with what I'd consider less talent. They added Brissett to be a backup. Not start the entire season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they won't lol. They knew what COULD happen with Watson. This what most people aren't realizing, this is about the future-more than one year. Watson is 27. The goal with no Watson is to make the season manageable, if not out the full season, but if he is I'm sure they will live with it bc like I said, they planned for the worst (full season out). They will be fine. This was decision half the teams in the league were willing to make. Why? Bc every team wants a franchise QB.
sure it's about the future and still is but IF you think he's a lot better than brissett why punt the 2022 season?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've mostly agreed with you in this thread but not here. The FO is getting crushed over opinions and things that might happen but so far have not. They'd absolutely get crushed if without Watson we won, say, 6-7 games and Baker's team won 10+.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone ever come up with the name of the guy who called him a child and the question that was asked to which he/she was willing to rip a guy still on the roster AND one they wanted to trade?
Well with most of these insiders like Rapoport & others. They get the info they do by not naming names sometimes. (unanimous source ensech)
The important thing is the Browns front office didnt deny saying it. When it came out. (or anytime after)
but since you like doing the until proven otherwise game.
You dont know if the Front office said much much more to Baker without prying ears listening.
It should be pretty evident now. Even to you! That they are not kissing & making up now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with most of these insiders like Rapoport & others. They get the info they do by not naming names sometimes. (unanimous source ensech)
The important thing is the Browns front office didnt deny saying it. When it came out. (or anytime after)
You dont know if the Front office said much much more to Baker without prying ears listening.
It should be pretty evident now. Even to you! That they are not kissing & making up now.
I'm just not the sheep most are when it comes to nameless reports. The sheep who make the jobs of the reporters so easy. To simply believe this report as fact only enhances my point. without offering a name can you at least come up with the reason for the comment? was there a question asked? Or did some anonymous member of the FO just call a presser to rip their QB who they are looking to trade?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haslam did deny it was said. I mean, really, all Mortenson did was make the comment up himself in this article. He didn't even say anyone on the Browns, specifically, made a direct comment saying they need an adult in the room let alone said it about Baker. ......

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a normal situation they likely wouldn't even question the player. This isn't a normal situation. Of course it would matter if even his own doc wouldn't confirm it.
Cowboys have already been through this scenario with a DL.
Refused to play claiming he was injured even though the Cowboys said he wasnt.
As soon as he was released he instantly signed with the Skins & was healthy & ready to play. The NFL didnt do jack shit about it.

BTW the NFLPA would have a field day with the NFL if they made a player play while he was claiming to be to injured to play.
So yes. There a plenty of injuries a player can say he has that wont be disproven. Nothing the team can do about that.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they won't lol. They knew what COULD happen with Watson. This what most people aren't realizing, this is about the future-more than one year. Watson is 27. The goal with no Watson is to make the season manageable, if not out the full season, but if he is I'm sure they will live with it bc like I said, they planned for the worst (full season out). They will be fine. This was decision half the teams in the league were willing to make. Why? Bc every team wants a franchise QB.
Absolutely no reason to suck this year, though.That's a good team if they have an adequate QB.

And they might not have one for two years.

It's not like sucking the next two years makes your picks better - it makes the Texans' picks better.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have already been through this scenario with a DL.
Refused to play claiming he was injured even though the Cowboys said he wasnt.
As soon as he was released he instantly signed with the Skins & was healthy & ready to play. The NFL didnt do jack shit about it.

BTW the NFLPA would have a field day with the NFL if they made a player play while he was claiming to be to injured to play.
So yes. There a plenty of injuries a player can say he has that wont be disproven. Nothing the team can do about that.
Taking your word it happened as you said, but you have all of one example of this happening? also likely a little less high profile than if Baker tried to pull it off.

Other aspect you are forgetting is likely baker is not released as this player was.....and you only assume Baker thinks it's better for his career to not play than to play and prove he can be 2020 Baker again.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original discussion was you saying how awful/bad THIS regime is at drafting and is still you not being able to name one awful/bad pick by THIS regime. You did try to make your case with bad picks made by other FOs which was comical.

Please feel free to use a lifeline if you need to on this one.
Typical your spin begins/continues.

It actually started with the talent around Mayfield. Which as typical you twisted and turned trying to make it about a single year, that ONLY YOU were addressing. In a weak attempt to strengthen your narrative at THAT MOMENT.

As usual I had to school you on how building a team doesn't happen thru one or two drafts. Making your new argument null and void to the original discussion.

So now you want to try and use awful/bad?

You are the spin master. Stay cute and always do you.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I'll never say you cannot top yourself as I know you can always dig deeper in your irrational. I mean, if you think I've been wrong so much shouldn't you be the one to be able to point them out?

But one example was the most recent with Watson's guaranteed money.
Nice non answer coward. Guess you are just scared and trying to deflect.

Pure 100% unadulterated dtcomedygold free here on the hoop daily.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, we did win 11 games and a playoff game with him with what I'd consider less talent. They added Brissett to be a backup. Not start the entire season.
Yet the organization decided to throw the baby out with the bath water.

They should've been rewarding him. A playoff WIN. Something they had only seen two other times since 1990.
1656462001960.png

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've mostly agreed with you in this thread but not here. The FO is getting crushed over opinions and things that might happen but so far have not. They'd absolutely get crushed if without Watson we won, say, 6-7 games and Baker's team won 10+.
Since we're playing your what if game. They're going to get crushed even worse if/when Watson takes the field again and doesn't deliver multiple playoff wins.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not because Seattle is looking more and more like they might nab him … He’s better than what we have right now, so if he comes at a reasonable price, why not ?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical your spin begins/continues.

It actually started with the talent around Mayfield. Which as typical you twisted and turned trying to make it about a single year, that ONLY YOU were addressing. In a weak attempt to strengthen your narrative at THAT MOMENT.

As usual I had to school you on how building a team doesn't happen thru one or two drafts. Making your new argument null and void to the original discussion.

So now you want to try and use awful/bad?

You are the spin master. Stay cute and always do you.
You - this regime is bad at drafting
me - cool, name a bad pick they made
you (when it comes to naming a bad pick) -

You did try and deflect, though, by naming bad picks by other regimes and asking me the good picks they made (which I was not afraid to name).

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,531.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not because Seattle is looking more and more like they might nab him … He’s better than what we have right now, so if he comes at a reasonable price, why not ?
Some of your cohorts aren't excited by it.....LOL.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice non answer coward. Guess you are just scared and trying to deflect.

Pure 100% unadulterated dtcomedygold free here on the hoop daily.
I answered. I don't keep track of my wrong comments but if you think there are many please name them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the organization decided to throw the baby out with the bath water.

They should've been rewarding him. A playoff WIN. Something they had only seen two other times since 1990.
View attachment 300512
They should reward him and not bring in a guy they think is much better? Is it easy for you to try and rip the Browns AND Baker even though you contradict yourself?

Yes, I know contradicting yourself is not hard for you.