• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're playing your what if game. They're going to get crushed even worse if/when Watson takes the field again and doesn't deliver multiple playoff wins.
Likely this is true as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Rose of NFL Network was just on 92.3 (local station) saying what I have about Browns and Baker

*IF Watson is suspended a season and they believe Brissett is the clear better QB they absolutely should and likely will consider playing Baker
*Said wont be hard to get this done as the hard part is done. He was saying there is no contract to agree to by both parties as he's signed
*Said under those circumstances it would be better for both parties
*Said wont be hard for FO to convince Baker this is best for him......maybe just promise not to franchise him after the season would be all it would take
*Added players just want to win and, again, IF Baker is the clear better player they'd want him to play
*Also said the locker room dynamic is one that no one really knows as they have not been in the locker but again...see the last comment.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Rose of NFL Network was just on 92.3 (local station) saying what I have about Browns and Baker

*IF Watson is suspended a season and they believe Brissett is the clear better QB they absolutely should and likely will consider playing Baker
*Said wont be hard to get this done as the hard part is done. He was saying there is no contract to agree to by both parties as he's signed
*Said wont be hard for FO to convince Baker this is best for him......maybe just promise not to franchise him after the season would be all it would take
*Added players just want to win and, again, IF Baker is the clear better player they'd want him to play
*Also said the locker room dynamic is one that no one really knows as they have not been in the locker but again...see the last comment.
should have read Baker the clear better QB

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,531.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing Carolina really wants Baker.

He'll be traded to Carolina or Seattle soon.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch him get traded to a team not mentioned by the media. Media simply writes on who they feel are the best options and with no real info.
Have thought this for a while....seems the big deals in all major sports are ones we didn't see coming. I mean one day it's carolina is pushing for him and fans eat it up. Then it's seattle. Can just make this up if they want as not like there is accountability if wrong.

Hell, it could be the Browns are waiting to see what Watson's suspension might be.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch him get traded to a team not mentioned by the media. Media simply writes on who they feel are the best options and with no real info.
Agree. I still think the Steelers, Falcons, and Giants are in play. So many times you hear it's a 2 horse race between Team A and Team B, but when the decision is finally made it's Team C.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I still think the Steelers, Falcons, and Giants are in play. So many times you hear it's a 2 horse race between Team A and Team B, but when the decision is finally made it's Team C.
I'd say zero chance he's traded to the Steelers. Just a little better he is released so steelers could sign him. Agree NYG and Falcons could be in play for a trade.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Steelers as an option even if Baker is released.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You - this regime is bad at drafting
me - cool, name a bad pick they made
you (when it comes to naming a bad pick) -

You did try and deflect, though, by naming bad picks by other regimes and asking me the good picks they made (which I was not afraid to name).
Would've been much simplier to say you were wrong.

AGAIN!

Nice try though

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I answered. I don't keep track of my wrong comments but if you think there are many please name them.
You didn't answer which is typical so you're wrong AGAIN Skippy.

This took all of two seconds. I wonder how many others I can find with a proper search?

Can what this 23rd woman is saying even be done? Can you be part of the other 22 lawsuits but agree to take less than they will take? Not so sure, and saying she would might just make it seem she's not in it for the money when she really is. In addition, from what I saw she claimed she will take a lot less. If the others are asking for, say, $2 mil then 500K or even a mil would be "a lot less".

One other thing that seems odd if I read it correctly. she was abused by him 3 different times? she claims she was abused one time but still saw him again 2 more times by choice?

Maybe I read something wrong but that seems strange.

I've admitted I was wrong a couple times (maybe a few) in threads about Watson and Baker. Wonder if you'll admit you were wrong by saying I wont admit I'm wrong.

The Browns (and many teams) sign big money guys to minimum base deals in year 1. Watson was a big money guy. He got a minimum base deal. was going to get this contract if a suspension loomed or not (and you agreed with this). The idea you pretty much make my case for me then argue against it is comical if nothing else.

Guessing in these threads you have, in fact, seen others get caught in lies and not own them. Never thought you'd be an argue based on poster and not post guy....but here we are.

1) my bad. I read your question wrong. Didn't realize you just wanted the difference in amounts of the cap space between the 2. Yes, 14.5 mil is the diff between 15 mil and 500k.

2) I think this is correct.

Some of this is mitigated, though, in the questions I've asked you....

do you agree if he has a $30-40 mil base in 2022 whether suspended or not it leaves the Browns with a lot less money to work with in 2022?
do you agree when they signed Watson to the deal they very possibly thought he might be suspended only a handful of games or even none?
Do you agree if they don't use the cap space this season they can carry it over to next year?

in order....

1) Still not sure how much is does hurt from a cap perspective since what is not used year one carries over AND gives is flexibility if more cap space is needed to bring in other players, especially a QB

2) I'm guessing they thought he'd be suspended. Are you purposely pretending not to see the part that for all they knew it would be shorter (maybe only 2-4 games) or the suspension could take place in 2023. I've said that a few times so please copy this or read it as often as it takes to sink in.

3) OK, wouldn't you rather have $30 mil available as opposed to $15 mil? whatever is left rolls over regardless.

4) was your point just about the cap room? Nope. If I'm wrong and I lumped you in with all the others incorrectly my apologies but seems everyone I've disagreed with here at one point claimed something like "why pay him so little now when you have a ton of cap space?"

5) what you keep ignoring though is paying him more or a lot more in 2022 could potentially limit their flexibility. Once again, please write this down, as when the deal was agreed the Browns very possibly thought it would be a short suspension or it could be in 2023. Guessing if they did what you think they should have then he got suspended in 2023 you'd rip them for that. OK, not guessing. You would.

Might be wrong, but is this deal being 100% guaranteed a bit overblown? I mean, Mahomes' deal was pretty much the same deal (but he has 5 additional years that would not be guaranteed). Will say Mahomes body of work more deserving, of course, but he was also on a better team.

No disagreement there, and in fact I was wrong. Thought Mahomes had a guarantee well over $200 mil. May "only" be 150 mil.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should reward him and not bring in a guy they think is much better? Is it easy for you to try and rip the Browns AND Baker even though you contradict yourself?

Yes, I know contradicting yourself is not hard for you.
Baker the only QB to bring them a playoff win in decades.

Yeah, let's get rid of him for a guy who may or may not ever play in the league again. One who will cost us everything. By the time he's likely to play again half the team will have had to be retained on new contracts. Which of course after losing seasons, drama and living in Cleveland they'll all jump at. Am I right? Can't give everyone Watson $. Even if they are bidding against themself.

Great FO they deserve you.

Keep doing you.

They screwed up and you know it. Admit it and stop with the foolishness.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol why the fuck would they franchise him?

That shit would be like the worst joke ever played on a professional athlete

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely this is true as well.
So in your mind this all was a good thing?

No need to answer Skippy, it's rhetorical. Do you remember what that means from one of our lessons?

OBTW that's also rhetorical.

Do you

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't answer which is typical so you're wrong AGAIN Skippy.

This took all of two seconds. I wonder how many others I can find with a proper search?
you helped make my point...again. Thanks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker the only QB to bring them a playoff win in decades.

Yeah, let's get rid of him for a guy who may or may not ever play in the league again. One who will cost us everything. By the time he's likely to play again half the team will have had to be retained on new contracts. Which of course after losing seasons, drama and living in Cleveland they'll all jump at. Am I right? Can't give everyone Watson $. Even if they are bidding against themself.

Great FO they deserve you.

Keep doing you.

They screwed up and you know it. Admit it and stop with the foolishness.
I mean, when the trade was made I said they may have screwed up and it could come back and bite them...but it hasn't. Yet.

I realize rational, objective comments throw you off. Maybe you can make it another day of lies, Tommy?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol why the fuck would they franchise him?

That shit would be like the worst joke ever played on a professional athlete
don't think they would but they could. I mean if the guy had a 2020 type season or better they could franchise him and try to trade him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, when the trade was made I said they may have screwed up and it could come back and bite them...but it hasn't. Yet.

I realize rational, objective comments throw you off. Maybe you can make it another day of lies, Tommy?
I realize waffling, deflection and bs is what makes you, you.

Do you

Spin Skippy spin