• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, though, the Raiders choked the heck out of that last game. I wouldnt read too much into it
That's facts. But Baker converted. I don't think anybody thought he could at this point.

Especially after being with the team for less than 48 hours. That's crazzzzzzy.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like a football Manu Ginobili? That would be great.

Honestly, though, the Raiders choked the heck out of that last game. I wouldnt read too much into it
Yes this is a nothingburger in the greater Baker Mayfield saga.

The Raiders ARE better than the Rams. They're just underachieving.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's facts. But Baker converted. I don't think anybody thought he could at this point.

Especially after being with the team for less than 48 hours. That's crazzzzzzy.
It is pretty crazy. He read the safety and everything on that last throw. Its not like he was throwing to Cooper Kupp and Allen Robinson. Raiders getting straight up punked by backups playing with no rapport

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams team last night was decimated, most of their offensive players are second and third stringers. But somehow Baker and them gels.

Impressive.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Rams starters on both sides of the ball were out last night?
Too many, we're on our 3rd or 4th LT and only two legit starters on the oline, 3rd and 4th string WRs, he is our 4th qb to play. So 7 guys on our offense, on defense AD, Robinson (our best run defender) all in all about 5 guys.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many, we're on our 3rd or 4th LT and only two legit starters on the oline, 3rd and 4th string WRs, he is our 4th qb to play. So 7 guys on our offense, on defense AD, Robinson (our best run defender) all in all about 5 guys.
And to call Allen a starter is a stretch.

Really only 1 legit starter ( Havenstein ), and he was having a bad game trying to keep Crosby in check

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Baker for getting the job done but holy shit, this is like the 4th time this season the Raiders have blown a double digit lead and 3 of them to pretty bad or beat up teams. Good for the Rams, now go beat Wilson and the Broncos and your destiny will be fulfilled, lol.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t see too much of the game. I saw about 10 or so Rams snaps and turned it off because it was tough to even watch and then watched the entire final drive. Correct me if I’m wrong but Baker was really bad until the last drive and then even in the last drive there were some fluky things that helped him. He still came through and like I said in another thread somewhere that final throw was just fantastic and especially because the timing was with a guy he has really never even practiced with. So I’m not sure Baker even played well. But he clutched out the win in a game in which he probably barely even knew the offense so it’s not fair to judge him on that

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought they were missing a lot. That last drive by Mayfield, damn impressive.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t see too much of the game. I saw about 10 or so Rams snaps and turned it off because it was tough to even watch and then watched the entire final drive. Correct me if I’m wrong but Baker was really bad until the last drive and then even in the last drive there were some fluky things that helped him. He still came through and like I said in another thread somewhere that final throw was just fantastic and especially because the timing was with a guy he has really never even practiced with. So I’m not sure Baker even played well. But he clutched out the win in a game in which he probably barely even knew the offense so it’s not fair to judge him on that
Mayfield didn't play well, but he avoided all the stupid stuff. He's veteran QB who has seen 2 previous NFL playbooks this year. The Rams would have asked him to look through our playbook and pick out the 20 or so most similar plays that he was comfortable with. All of the timing plays, (quick outs, back shoulder throws, etc), would have been out. Anything clever with the Qb doing multiple things would have been out. He would have had mostly mid-to-long developing plays where he could read the defense, throw to an area, and have the receiver adjust to the ball. A basic strategy. He threw short of the mid-to-long receiver multiple times and he was late on multiple throws. He hit some very open receivers and threw 1 or 2 jump balls. Again, he avoided stupid mistakes and in poker terms he didn't overplay his hand. The Rams had 3 points after 55 minutes so I can't really blame the Raiders defense too much. The Raiders should have been out of sight.

I enjoyed the game. Mayfield made the game competitive. It wouldn't have been competitive with Perkins and Wolford doesn't have the arm to lead comebacks.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should change my answer back to no.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should change my answer back to no.

He definitely still is as of now

But he's also someone that can do what he did the other night

And he's getting tons of respect around the league for it considering he had yet to practice

It just goes to show so much of his issue is between the ears and not his talent.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he's getting tons of respect around the league for it considering he had yet to practice

It just goes to show so much of his issue is between the ears and not his talent.
Yeah, he'd be smart to stay with the Rams for a year like Winston did and rehab his image.....Stafford is coming off an injury and Baker would see action next season most likely.....and who knows? Maybe Stafford retires after next season.....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next season or two, Mayfield can take that free trip to NY and stand on stage next RG3 and John Football to welcome the next Heisman winner

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's got a great arm for sure.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this is a nothingburger in the greater Baker Mayfield saga.

The Raiders ARE better than the Rams. They're just underachieving.
Fourth time this season the raiders have given up a lead of 14 points or more. The Raiders defense is horrible in the second half