• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got testimony from dozens of women that's good enough for me. Everyone knows this comes down to who you believe, dozens of women who say he was trying make them provide sex or Watson who says ...nope never happened.

Reading your posts I guess you believe that if you repeat a lie enough it will be believed, cause that s a tact you take when arguing a point with various posters here.The one I am quoting being a case in point.
what lie have I made?

Once again we are back to 1 and 2.
1) you believe anything against Watson
2) you dismiss anything on Watson's side.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mostly agree with this...however, if Seattle's goal is a full on tank (and maybe it should be) then no need to acquire Baker and win some extra, meaningless games AND add to their cap (or lower what they have in cap carry over).
Full on rebuild signing players that part of the rebuild and not wasting capitol on temporary band aids is not tanking, they can use that capitol on a player that can help now AND in the future. That will make for a better roster which should help win games.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what lie have I made?

They are in the post I'm quoting right now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full on rebuild signing players that part of the rebuild and not wasting capitol on temporary band aids is not tanking, they can use that capitol on a player that can help now AND in the future. That will make for a better roster which should help win games.
It's a tank. Not sure why you are afraid to call it what it is. Nothing wrong with it...especially if they believe the hype about the 2023 QBs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tank. Not sure why you are afraid to call it what it is. Nothing wrong with it...especially if they believe the hype about the 2023 QBs.
Losing a lot with or without a change at QB. It’s a rebuild.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was good to hear. I fully believe spending on a bridge QB is counter productive to the rebuild. Spent on players that will be around for the rebuild not worry about a better bandaid at QB.
While I can agree with this way of thinking.
I just dont see Pete being the type of coach that gives up a year to make the following year better.
So either he truly believes Lock is gonna be the man. Which in this case Pete should get fired the following year.
Or
You should expect some movement for a QB. At least after watching some training camp with the QBs they have now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can agree with this way of thinking.
I just dont see Pete being the type of coach that gives up a year to make the following year better.
So either he truly believes Lock is gonna be the man. Which in this case Pete should get fired the following year.
Or
You should expect some movement for a QB. At least after watching some training camp with the QBs they have now.
Actually when Pete become HC he said it was necessary to build the roster before settling on a franchise QB and that’s what he did. He’s just repeating that. However despite holding off on a QB he fought for every win, the guy hates to lose. I feel the rebuild is going really well, still have holes that hopefully can be filled next year with strong draft capitol and plenty of cap space. In any case the NFC west is murder row and the AFC west is tough so wins are going to be hard to come by in any case. Spending on a better bandaid would not help and would be counterproductive to the goal of being contenders maybe as early as 2023.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the HOF is so desperate they are putting plays of his in the HOF, you don't think he will end up in the HOF?

He's basically a lock, the only thing he has against him is his injuries kept him off the field too much.
Um, I’m pretty sure nick foles has a play that’s in the HOF

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what lie have I made?

True for me. I do have an agenda against the mfr after what the entitled bitch done to the Texans and the women.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is unbelievable is your lack of reading comprehension and going out of your way to prove your comprehension is not up to par.

First, for this discussion we are talking beyond the QB (so mentioning the QB further shows your lack of comprehension). I said it was an exaggeration to say the Rams had "a much better roster". Even said could definitely make the case Rams is better.

I'd ask for you to make a case for the Rams roster to be much better but thinking you'll likely tell me about teams from years ago and/or list great players and bad players from both teams from the past.
You only corrected your moronic statement after being called out by multiple posters. At which time you attempted to soften your stance.

The irony of bringing up reading comp. Can you get any more cute?

Stafford, Donald, Kupp, Ramsey, Bobby Wagner, Higbee.

I'll stop there because 6 are not debatable. OK Njoku comes close, but that's only because I am a fan of his.

OL is way to subjective so not even going to discuss.

Pretty much Chubb > Henderson jr. Is all the Browns have that isn't debatable.

Spin away my little Princess.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One idea I heard today was flipping Jimmy for Baker if Watson got suspended for year and Baker won't play

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he did have a ton of injuries. Outside of talent you'd have likely gotten in.

Guy had 3 HOF worthy seasons. Then 2 decent seasons. another 3 seasons like his first 3? Sure, I guess he has a shot but how likely is he to be better and stay injury free as he ages?
Good thing he left Cleveland to get a ring. That won't hurt his chances.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could add of his 9 facts how many of them are suspension worthy let along long suspension worthy of a year+ if even a fact?

1) excessive number of massages - nope
2) looking for massages on Instagram ( better to see photos to judge looks) - nope
3) jumping from one masseuse to another - nope
4) the sheer volume of accusations and the fact that these women don't know each other but speak of similar behavior - just accusations? nope
5) the fact that even those not filing verify they had similar experience with Watson - not so sure this is even a fact
6) requesting no others to be on the premise - not sure this is a fact
7) requesting on cameras on the premises - not sure this is a fact
8) bring NDA paperwork along - nope
9) forcing signatures for NDA - not sure this is a fact
No, you don't dismiss anything.

You are precious. Keep doing you.

Gotta love this forum.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BS Sports's Josina Anderson reports that previous reports stating the Seahawks "have never really been that interested" in QB Baker Mayfield are "inaccurate."​

Anderson noted that the reports of no interest could have been floated out to help "manage the path ahead with their current situation" if the deal does fall through. Reading the tea leaves, Anderson is suggesting that Seattle is trying to save face in the scenario that sees them fail to acquire Cleveland's discarded quarterback. This seems reasonable. A potential Deshaun Watson suspension muddies the waters of Mayfield's future, though Seattle still looks to be the most likely landing spot. Mayfield would be a massive upgrade over the tandem of Drew Lock and Geno Smith if the Seahawks acquire him

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BS Sports's Josina Anderson reports that previous reports stating the Seahawks "have never really been that interested" in QB Baker Mayfield are "inaccurate."​

Anderson noted that the reports of no interest could have been floated out to help "manage the path ahead with their current situation" if the deal does fall through. Reading the tea leaves, Anderson is suggesting that Seattle is trying to save face in the scenario that sees them fail to acquire Cleveland's discarded quarterback. This seems reasonable. A potential Deshaun Watson suspension muddies the waters of Mayfield's future, though Seattle still looks to be the most likely landing spot. Mayfield would be a massive upgrade over the tandem of Drew Lock and Geno Smith if the Seahawks acquire him
Nobody REALLY believes Seattle has never been interested.