• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point...though I did add maybe many things. I was only talking about sexual assault type things when I said that, and not sure what he has done that rises to sexual assault. Obviously seeing so many therapists gives pause along with other things he did/said

It doesn't matter what you tried to add. You're the only person in this thread defending Watson's actions.

Here's what you said.

I mean, it's not OK to think he likely did something wrong (maybe many things), has some serious issues and needs help but -->maybe does not deserve a year long suspension or more<--...and, yes, maybe he does?

I'm sure you think he shouldn't be suspended at all considering the lengths you've gone to defend him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SIAP:

ports.yahoo.com/browns-trading-baker-mayfield-to-panthers-after-acquiring-deshaun-watson-173534382.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what you tried to add. You're the only person in this thread defending Watson's actions.

Here's what you said.

I'm sure you think he shouldn't be suspended at all considering the lengths you've gone to defend him.
Yet I've said anything from no games to a full season can be justified. Why don't you just lie about what I've said as you've done in the past.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet I've said anything from no games to a full season can be justified. Why don't you just lie about what I've said as you've done in the past.

You calling me liar because I said you're the only person in this thread defending Watson? That's cool.

Keep defending him. And I'll keep laughing at you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You calling me liar because I said you're the only person in this thread defending Watson? That's cool.

Keep defending him. And I'll keep laughing at you.
I called you a liar because you have lied about what I have said in the past. Not a lie, but shows poor reading comp. if you think I believe he shouldn't be suspended at all.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called you a liar because you have lied about what I have said in the past. Not a lie, but shows poor reading comp. if you think I believe he shouldn't be suspended at all.

And what have I lied about? This should be a doozy.

If you're talking about what I accused of saying about Freddie we already discussed this. I said those things before I saw any of your comments saying otherwise.

And as soon as you pointed out those comments of yours that I missed I apologized for what I said. How convenient of you to forget that fact.

You're one helluva character.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what have I lied about? This should be a doozy.

If you're talking about what I accused of saying about Freddie we already discussed this. I said those things before I saw any of your comments saying otherwise.

And as soon as you pointed out those comments of yours that I missed I apologized for what I said. How convenient of you to forget that fact.

You're one helluva character.
what have you lied about? when you claimed I liked Freddie after the Seattle loss in 2019 even after I specifically said he was a disaster that game. And, no, you continued your lie long after I showed you proof of the lie. Might have been a full year before you owned up to the lie.

Not gonna get into a long back and forth about this one again, though. Go ahead and get the last word in. You can even make up another lie if you want or prove you have poor reading comp.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what have you lied about? when you claimed I liked Freddie after the Seattle loss in 2019 even after I specifically said he was a disaster that game. And, no, you continued your lie long after I showed you proof of the lie. Might have been a full year before you owned up to the lie.

Not gonna get into a long back and forth about this one again, though. Go ahead and get the last word in. You can even make up another lie if you want or prove you have poor reading comp.

Pay attention to what I said. Here it is again.

I've already apologized for being wrong. How many more times do you need me to say that before it finally sinks in?

When I'm wrong I admit it. When you're wrong. Well that's a different story.

Remember a couple of seasons ago when you insisted TT outplayed both Jokic & Embiid in head to head match-up's? I even posted all the game stats. Which clearly showed TT didn't outplay those two. Yet you kept insisting that he did.

But when you're wrong that's different isn't it? Don't be such a hypocrite. Having an issue with me about this when you've done the same exact thing. Priceless.

Have a good day. I wanna enjoy that jackass in cleat no longer in Cleveland. Ironic that the Browns start the season against the Panthers.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a new opportunity, lets see what he does. Leaving a shit organization can do wonders for a career

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Watson is suspended for the season or injured and not able to play then yes.

I believe the Colts did and he was the starter in 2017 and 2019 I believe.

Anyhow it looks like the Browns intend for him to be Watson backup and trade Mayfield for what ever they can get for him.
I'll take a victory lap over that post and @dtgold88 should man up and kiss my ring. LOL

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a new opportunity, lets see what he does. Leaving a shit organization can do wonders for a career
...to go to another shit organization? The Browns get a conditional 5th rounder and have to pay over half the guy's salary to dump him off.

Mayfield gets a year to prove he's a quality QB, and it's not even clear he'll win the starting job. In all likelihood, he will be a backup somewhere else in a year. Being "the best QB in Cleveland since Bernie Kosar" isn't gonna earn you much respect, even in Cleveland.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a victory lap over that post and @dtgold88 should man up and kiss my ring. LOL
why would I kiss your ring when I agreed? In fact, you helped make my case as, yes, we did intend for him to be Watson's backup. Not to start instead of Watson should he get a long suspension.

Ya gotta love this forum

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would I kiss your ring when I agreed? In fact, you helped make my case as, yes, we did intend for him to be Watson's backup. Not to start instead of Watson should he get a long suspension.

Ya gotta love this forum
You agreed that Browns would trade him for what ever they could get? You agreed that he would never take another snap for the Browns? You agreed that Brissett was signed to be the backup no matter about the suspension?

You've talked out both sides of your mouth to cover your ass, but we all know your full it. You been viewing ever single thing by judging what would be the best outcome for the Browns. You been so biased that your on a special level for delusional homer and that level only has one other poster on that level.

Truth is you have been wrong about every thing. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I do really appreciate this forum at times like this.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You agreed that Browns would trade him for what ever they could get? You agreed that he would never take another snap for the Browns? You agreed that Brissett was signed to be the backup no matter about the suspension?

You've talked out both sides of your mouth to cover your ass, but we all know your full it. You been viewing ever single thing by judging what would be the best outcome for the Browns. You been so biased that your on a special level for delusional homer and that level only has one other poster on that level.

Truth is you have been wrong about every thing. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I do really appreciate this forum at times like this.
since questions don't scare me, I'll answer yours in order.....
*yes, though thought we might get more
*Yes, though said was possible he would
*I thought Brissett was signed to backup Watson and for a short suspension they'd roll with him. A long one? I thought the Browns would/will find a better option and, yes, might have been Baker.

with no agenda I did not deal in absolutes and, yes, was willing to look at both sides. That's what rational adults tend to do.

wrong about everything? I said there was almost no chance he'd be released. Your turn...was he released? Will you be calling out all those who said he would be and were wrong (are you among those?)? I wont because he could have been released.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since questions don't scare me, I'll answer yours in order.....
*yes, though thought we might get more
*Yes, though said was possible he would
*I thought Brissett was signed to backup Watson and for a short suspension they'd roll with him. A long one? I thought the Browns would/will find a better option and, yes, might have been Baker.

with no agenda I did not deal in absolutes and, yes, was willing to look at both sides. That's what rational adults tend to do.

wrong about everything? I said there was almost no chance he'd be released. Your turn...was he released? Will you be calling out all those who said he would be and were wrong (are you among those?)? I wont because he could have been released.
No he wasn't released and LIKE I SAID he was traded for what ever the Browns could get for him, which wasn't much. You been wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong. :rolleyes: