• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A long suspension (like a year) helps the Browns when it comes to the cap as watson's base will be $1.035 mil in 2023, which saves us $40 mil. as of now, we can carry over around another $40 mil on the cap in 2023.

Noticed you didn't address the idea the Rams have a "much better roster". They also acquired that much better roster using very few #1 picks or a ton of draft capital. Ironic, huh?
True a year suspension would give the Browns a year of cap relief but then Chubb a year older, Cooper a year older, Hunt may be gone ect, after a year the cap effect hits. As for the Rams I’ll just say it’s my opinion they have a better roster and I also felt things simply played out right for them. Don’t care to change the thread to who has a better roster.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason no other teams want Baker. Everyone is pretty much in agreement that Baker isn't a starting quality QB, especially considering the money he wants. He also had a pretty stacked offensive team -->including HOF WR<-- and the 2 best RB's in the league and did nothing with them. Imagine if he had weak offensive assets. That would likely be the worst team in the NFL imo

Are these HOF numbers?

-nine seasons

-five 1,000 yards seasons

-only three seasons of at least 10 TD's (all in his first three years)

-531 catches / 7,367 yards / 56 TD's

35 TD's his first three seasons / 21 TD's since

OBJ doesn't have HOF numbers.

Sterling Sharpe (595 catches / 8,134 yards / 65 TD's in 7 seasons has better numbers) and he's not in the HOF.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True a year suspension would give the Browns a year of cap relief but then Chubb a year older, Cooper a year older, Hunt may be gone ect, after a year the cap effect hits. As for the Rams I’ll just say it’s my opinion they have a better roster and I also felt things simply played out right for them. Don’t care to change the thread to who has a better roster.
Thinking every player on every team will be aging a year along with the Browns' guys. Cap likely spikes after the 2023 season (maybe more than one time)

May not have debated the notion Ram roster better. But much better seems like an exaggeration. In addition, seemed relevant by me to mention they got the roster you think is much better by also getting rid of a ton of their assets (high picks). Last I'll say on the matter unless you ask me something about my comment.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking every player on every team will be aging a year along with the Browns' guys. Cap likely spikes after the 2023 season (maybe more than one time)

May not have debated the notion Ram roster better. But much better seems like an exaggeration. In addition, seemed relevant by me to mention they got the roster you think is much better by also getting rid of a ton of their assets (high picks). Last I'll say on the matter unless you ask me something about my comment.
That’s alright Watson will be demanding that extra cap money. He’s just that kind of guy, it’s been proven of course that’s if he’s even let back in the league

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s alright Watson will be demanding that extra cap money. He’s just that kind of guy, it’s been proven of course that’s if he’s even let back in the league

Is he even going to get suspended? I read the NFL couldn't prove a single thing in court lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DTG posted this in the NBA off topic thread.

"The report goes on to state that the surprise team is likely one of four teams: The Detroit Lions, Arizona Cardinals, Tampa Bay Buccaneers or New Orleans Saints."

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"The report goes on to state that the surprise team is likely one of four teams: The Detroit Lions, Arizona Cardinals, Tampa Bay Buccaneers or New Orleans Saints."
The Lions and Cards are interesting.

Goff isn't that great. Bring him in to push Goff and start if Jared falters?

Murray been acting a fool this offseason, maybe they think he actually sits out till he gets an extension? Mayfield would be a solid pickup so they don't lose out on a season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford isnt retiring any time soon & unless Brady confirms with Mayfield that he is next year. Mayfield wont go there either.
I wasn’t implying they would retire. I was thinking a aging QB is more likely to get injured and Super Bowl contending team may feel it’s worth investing in a decent back up. Mayfield does nothing for a non contender beyond hampering restocking the roster. Contending teams with young QBs like Mahomes or Allen are more likely to go bare ass at back up. So that leaves a select few teams for trading with but at a value for the contending team. Mayfield may rather go where he could start but doesn’t have a market as a starter but going to a Super Bowl roster where he’s one injury away from starting isn’t the worse thing for him and could end up being great for him. Think of Nick Foles filling in for Wentz and what a boon that was for his career. At worse he becomes a FA the following year and 100 % healthy and then he could do like Mariota has done.
I think that is where Mayfield eventual market is.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lists no sources. How many similar articles have we seen like this? Many, and yet nothing has come of it.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ONE of his plays is recognized by the HOF, he is NOT in the HOF.

That paint really fucked you up didn’t it.

If the HOF is so desperate they are putting plays of his in the HOF, you don't think he will end up in the HOF?

He's basically a lock, the only thing he has against him is his injuries kept him off the field too much.