• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely made some mistakes. Idea he said he'd change nothing was just absurd.

He has to prove to the public he's changed. Just saying it proves nothing. I think a big step forward for him would be to donate some money to the appropriate charity. That would be a positive thing for him to do to repair his damaged reputation.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing in that scumbags favor is two grand juries have declined to indict him. There's now doubt his behavior should be questioned. But just because those juries didn't indict him doesn't mean he wasn't doing some shady stuff.
I mean, there are some other things in his favor. There have been family members and/or friends of the victims who spoke out against the victims.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not arguing that.
It takes time for a team to gel. Especially Olines.
Needless to say the Browns had more than ample enough draft picks based on their inept seasons.
OK, which means the Browns didn't draft very well in those seasons....more reasons to give Baker credit for what the Browns did in 2018 than come up with foolish reasons for his success that year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody ever said the Browns had a great FO.....they were the butt of NFL jokes until a few seasons ago.
Yet for some reason you agreed with him when I made that exact same comment?

weird.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, there are some other things in his favor. There have been family members and/or friends of the victims who spoke out against the victims.

Yes there are some, but not many, things in his favor. The biggest I think are those two grand juries that didn't indict him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns have generally only carried 2 qbs anyway. Dobbs is likely a practice squad guy and insurance for a Watson suspension. Mayfield would just be an investment to prevent him from going somewhere else.

And I'm perfectly fine. At least I'm a Browns fan. What's your guys excuse for being so enamored with Baker?
I enjoy watching you on mega spin cycle

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, which means the Browns didn't draft very well in those seasons....more reasons to give Baker credit for what the Browns did in 2018 than come up with foolish reasons for his success that year.
Deductive reasoning not a strong suit of yours is it?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes there are some, but not many, things in his favor. The biggest I think are those two grand juries that didn't indict him.
I don't know if that is actually in his favor - civil cases are often tried, and found plenty of "guilty" verdicts where original cases brought forth were either innocent, or no charges filed.

I might agree more if it were 1 or 2 women....not 22, and Betty Mayfield...LOL :)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if that is actually in his favor - civil cases are often tried, and found plenty of "guilty" verdicts where original cases brought forth were either innocent, or no charges filed.

I might agree more if it were 1 or 2 women....not 22, and Betty Mayfield...LOL :)

Good point. And he deserves anything he gets or has to pay out.

As far as Betty. It would be terrible if that jackass in cleats starts the season with the team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you babbling about?
He tried to call me out for something it turns out you agree with and you said "yeah, he's like that on the NBA forum, too."

which I guess is true....there are some there who make foolish comments and wont own the foolish comments.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deductive reasoning not a strong suit of yours is it?
It is...though owning you were way off base and also moved the goal posts not something you can ever own up to. Not surprised as that's not something irrational people can do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been pretty consistent throughout here.
You have....Been some areas we don't agree (really, just one) but cannot say I've seen your opinions change on this topic.

Not like you tried to claim a QB didn't do much as a rookie because of all the talent he had.....then moved the goal posts to rip his team for not having enough talent. THAT was a headscratcher.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tried to call me out for something it turns out you agree with and you said "yeah, he's like that on the NBA forum, too."

which I guess is true....there are some there who make foolish comments and wont own the foolish comments.
Think your getting confused.

Yet for some reason you agreed with him when I made that exact same comment?

weird.

WTF are you babbling about?

Here is what he was agreeing with:

run into the ground.png

He says you will argue something into the ground. Even when your clearly wrong. He's not wrong.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think your getting confused.

Here is what he was agreeing with:

View attachment 297889

He says you will argue something into the ground. Even when your clearly wrong. He's not wrong.
Haha...in fact, I am 100% correct and not even debatable. You continue to think the Browns did this just for Watson when Garrett has the exact same salary of only 1.035 mil for the 2022 season.

Is Garrett facing suspension, as well, and they were helping him get around paying much if suspended? Nice try, but many like you insist Watson's low base for 2022 is because of an upcoming suspension and this is factually incorrect.

will say is true I have argued this too much as even when you are factually incorrect you cannot own you are wrong (likely why you are among dj's heroes). I should know I cannot argue with irrational.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha...in fact, I am 100% correct and not even debatable. You continue to think the Browns did this just for Watson when Garrett has the exact same salary of only 1.035 mil for the 2022 season.

Is Garrett facing suspension, as well, and they were helping him get around paying much if suspended? Nice try, but many like you insist Watson's low base for 2022 is because of an upcoming suspension and this is factually incorrect.

will say is true I have argued this too much as even when you are factually incorrect you cannot own you are wrong (likely why you are among dj's heroes). I should know I cannot argue with irrational.
Wow just wow. Let me try to explain this again. Does Garrett have a clause saying .....WILL NOT FORFEIT SIGNING BONUS OR VOID FUTURE GUARANTEES UPON SUSPENSION ?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need an explanation? Not trying to be a smartass or anything.

Due to his own actions he's put himself in a very bad spot. Normal people don't have 20+ women come forward with accusations like that.
Yea but you said there’s no evidence, so why would he be scumbag if he didn’t actually do anything based on lack of evidence?