• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never mentioned Carolina. That ship has sailed from all reports. Keep in mind there are less and less suitors for BM. Will his distractions be worth keeping him? I personally don't think it is.
No matter who it is if we did not have Watson and Baker played well for someone else the Browns would get ripped for it with a Browns being Browns type comment.....and that would be justified.

Not worth the distraction if Watson can play and Baker is a backup. If Watson out a while and Baker is the best QB left on the roster, sure, it would be worth the made up distractions created by fans and the media....especially if he helped win games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spinning too much also makes people dizzy. Stop the world so you can catch up.

The comment was about a team. It was past and present tense. You can't build a team with one draft. Especially the same draft as the player we're talking about.

I get it now. You're just trying to pretend to be this dumb about football. Because no one could actually be that dumb.
oh, the irony.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His doubters are fans, mostly from other franchises.

This situation is about BM and the Browns FO. He'd like nothing more than to stick it to them.

Try to stay focused. Helping move those goal posts is taking a toll on you.
Uh, actually many fans (including some here) have claimed even his own team doubts him.

what you just said is what I've claimed and you tried to disagree with. It took a while but you finally seem to get it. Yes, it's mostly fans and media that make a bigger deal out of this than it is.

congratulations on pretty much kicking your own ass.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and that is greatly attributed to ALL those picks from 14 on. Both good and bad.

Could you imagine NE with all those picks?

Three 1st rounders in one year. Come on.
And if someone was saying the Browns were good at drafting it would have made sense to list all our picks like you did. However, all this was about was you trying to say how loaded the roster has been with Baker when until maybe 2020 that was not the case.

I feel like maybe I can just sit back and watch you kick your own ass again if I wait long enough.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, and as I said they also did the same thing for the contracts of Ward and Garrett who do not have suits and a potential suspension pending. In addition, other teams do this for players who do not have suits/suspensions pending.

It's almost like this is common practice, eh?
prevert contract.png

See the note on the bottom? Will not forfeit-signing bonus or void future guarantees upon suspension? His base salary for 2022 is 1 million dollars the rest is signing bonus. This contract was written up to help Watson avoid financial pain upon suspension in 2022, you can pretend it is just like other contracts ( because year one helps the club) but it is obvious that it structured to help Watson avoid the pain from suspension.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter who it is if we did not have Watson and Baker played well for someone else the Browns would get ripped for it with a Browns being Browns type comment.....and that would be justified.

Not worth the distraction if Watson can play and Baker is a backup. If Watson out a while and Baker is the best QB left on the roster, sure, it would be worth the made up distractions created by fans and the media....especially if he helped win games.
You're a man on an island alone.

Even your fellow Browns fans realize Mayfield won't be on the roster past August most likely.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 297843

See the note on the bottom? Will not forfeit-signing bonus or void future guarantees upon suspension? His base salary for 2022 is 1 million dollars the rest is signing bonus. This contract was written up to help Watson avoid financial pain upon suspension in 2022, you can pretend it is just like other contracts ( because year one helps the club) but it is obvious that it structured to help Watson avoid the pain from suspension.
I see everything. I guess what I don't get is why you don't understand this is not something done to make sure Watson can skirt by a fine. Garrett and Ward had the same thing done in their deal and many teams do this the first year for large extensions for their players.

Are they expecting a fine/suspension for Garrett and Ward, too? The Base for Garrett's contract in 2022 is exactly the same figure as Watson.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act as if this didn't just happen with Watson last year. They aren't stashing shit. They will ask him to report and if he doesn't then it becomes a different issue. Past that it could become a mutual inactive decision.

Again it makes zero sense to cut the dude and there are multiple outlets saying they won't. He's not getting cut. No matter how many times you wish it to be true.
Personally I could care less what he or the team does.

But you seem to be getting all worked up about.

So will they or won't they carry 4 QBs make up my mind. Even if they mutually agree to be inactive which I doubt happens he still counts against the 53 man roster.

It makes sense to cut him because they don't want a distraction. Nor do they want to carry three active QBs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a man on an island alone.

Even your fellow Browns fans realize Mayfield won't be on the roster past August most likely.
I mean, I don't think he'll be here either.....but if the choice were release him or have him on the roster my guess is we'd choose the latter. Not sure any Browns fan has disagreed with that....they just think he'll be moved by then.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I could care less what he or the team does.

But you seem to be getting all worked up about.

So will they or won't they carry 4 QBs make up my mind. Even if they mutually agree to be inactive which I doubt happens he still counts against the 53 man roster.

It makes sense to cut him because they don't want a distraction. Nor do they want to carry three active QBs.
someone can disagree with you without being "worked up". I mean, I don't think you are worked up simply because you have baseless opinions to support your agenda and even have slapped yourself around as you cannot keep up with your own irrational in this thread.

FYI, it's could NOT care less., unless you really do care a lot about the situation.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone can disagree with you without being "worked up". I mean, I don't think you are worked up simply because you have baseless opinions to support your agenda and even have slapped yourself around as you cannot keep up with your own irrational in this thread.

FYI, it's could NOT care less., unless you really do care a lot about the situation.
Keep spinning my friend. It's what you do best. I could NOT care less if you ever do. You're like a tornado, all over the place spinning and making zero sense of where you are heading or have been.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see everything. I guess what I don't get is why you don't understand this is not something done to make sure Watson can skirt by a fine. Garrett and Ward had the same thing done in their deal and many teams do this the first year for large extensions for their players.

Are they expecting a fine/suspension for Garrett and Ward, too? The Base for Garrett's contract in 2022 is exactly the same figure as Watson.

You see language in their contract saying they won't forfeit any signing bonus or future guarantees in case of suspension? No you don't because only Watsons contract has that language included. You spin things like no one else on this site.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, actually many fans (including some here) have claimed even his own team doubts him.

what you just said is what I've claimed and you tried to disagree with. It took a while but you finally seem to get it. Yes, it's mostly fans and media that make a bigger deal out of this than it is.

congratulations on pretty much kicking your own ass.
Come on son, stay with us here.

Sticking it to them whether that be by faking injury, being a distraction, playing for another team... can your mind be any more narrow in it's way of thinking? Did I say anything about him actually having the ability to beat the Browns if he went to a different team?

Slow your spin and enjoy the ride.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see language in their contract saying they won't forfeit any signing bonus or future guarantees in case of suspension? No you don't because only Watsons contract has that language included. You spin things like no one else on this site.
He does the same thing in the NBA forum.

He'll argue something into the ground for weeks. Even, when he's clearly wrong.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if someone was saying the Browns were good at drafting it would have made sense to list all our picks like you did. However, all this was about was you trying to say how loaded the roster has been with Baker when until maybe 2020 that was not the case.

I feel like maybe I can just sit back and watch you kick your own ass again if I wait long enough.
Struggling with reading comprehension are you?

Did any of the picks from only the first three rounds make an impact before 2020?

I'll stop there while you go beat yourself up. You can't be this dumb.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Struggling with reading comprehension are you?

Did any of the picks from only the first three rounds make an impact before 2020?

I'll stop there while you go beat yourself up. You can't be this dumb.
That roster wasn't very good....The reason they went 7-8-1 in Baker's rookie season was due to some reasons.

1-Mayfield had a record breaking rookie season.

2-Let's look at some of the skill positions, shall we?

The best receiver was a RB in 2017, Duke Johnson with 74. In 2018? Jarvis Landry had 81 catches. An actual real receiver.

Crowell was the best RB at barely 4ypc in 2017. In 2018 they had a pretty damn good rookie at Rb. Nick Chubb, maybe you have heard of him? He averaged over 5ypc as a rookie.

3-Same coach that went 0-16 in 2017 but in 2018 they had better talent.

4-The defense was a lot better.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That roster wasn't very good....The reason they went 7-8-1 in Baker's rookie season was due to some reasons.

1-Mayfield had a record breaking rookie season.

2-Let's look at some of the skill positions, shall we?

The best receiver was a RB in 2017, Duke Johnson with 74. In 2018? Jarvis Landry had 81 catches. An actual real receiver.

Crowell was the best RB at barely 4ypc in 2017. In 2018 they had a pretty damn good rookie at Rb. Nick Chubb, maybe you have heard of him? He averaged over 5ypc as a rookie.

3-Same coach that went 0-16 in 2017 but in 2018 they had better talent.

4-The defense was a lot better.
They had won a total of 4 games the three previous years. 7 wins was a dynasty for them.

Maybe you miss understood my tongue in cheek response to comedygold88. There was plenty of good talent selected on both sides of the ball between 2014-2018. They also missed on a lot.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be interesting if Watson gets a suspension but it served in 2023. Seeing how he had his contract structured to minimize financial damage if he is suspended in 2022, I could see Goodell doing that (2023 suspension)
I said something similar in another thread - could he be suspended for multiple years? I know it's a HUUUGE jump based on past suspensions, but no other accusation/issue has come forward with 23 lawsuits/litigants. Add in the Browns and Watson clearly were worried about being suspended, and worked a contract to circumvent any real impact the league might have if they suspended him up to a year.

So, could we see something like a 2 year suspension and and a need for Watson to apply for reinstatement - and also maybe a provision that reinstatement is also tied in with a conclusion of the 23 lawsuits filed?

I have no idea, but I don't think this is a "usual" case of a guy breaking a rule, law, getting sued, or whatever we want to call this - and therefor, I don't think it's unreasonable to at least wonder if the punishment might be far more unusual/harsh than any before it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why is Watson a scumbag?

You really need an explanation? Not trying to be a smartass or anything.

Due to his own actions he's put himself in a very bad spot. Normal people don't have 20+ women come forward with accusations like that.