• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had won a total of 4 games the three previous years. 7 wins was a dynasty for them.

Maybe you miss understood my tongue in cheek response to comedygold88. There was plenty of good talent selected on both sides of the ball between 2014-2018. They also missed on a lot.
The talent was below average by NFL standards.....resulting in 1-31 over a 2 year period.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need an explanation? Not trying to be a smartass or anything.

Due to his own actions he's put himself in a very bad spot. Normal people don't have 20+ women come forward with accusations like that.
This is where I'm at...I'm all for every person should have their day in court, or whatever, but 23 women coming forward? That amount is just... it's a lot.
It's enough to wonder if there really aren't more who just are too worried/scared to come forward, like we just saw with #23 finally speaking up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I'm at...I'm all for every person should have their day in court, or whatever, but 23 women coming forward? That amount is just... it's a lot.
It's enough to wonder if there really aren't more who just are too worried/scared to come forward, like we just saw with #23 finally speaking up.

The only thing in that scumbags favor is two grand juries have declined to indict him. There's now doubt his behavior should be questioned. But just because those juries didn't indict him doesn't mean he wasn't doing some shady stuff.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent was below average by NFL standards.....resulting in 1-31 over a 2 year period.
Not arguing that.
It takes time for a team to gel. Especially Olines.
Needless to say the Browns had more than ample enough draft picks based on their inept seasons.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing in that scumbags favor is two grand juries have declined to indict him. There's now doubt his behavior should be questioned. But just because those juries didn't indict him doesn't mean he wasn't doing some shady stuff.
It's why cases like these are so hard to prosecute - lack of actual evidence.

They'll take him to Civil court, where the rules/laws are much more in favor of the prosecution, as we saw with the OJ trial and others. The amount they can be awarded will not be as great, of course, but in the end they'll get what several of the women have stated they really want: Watson to be held accountable.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not arguing that.
It takes time for a team to gel. Especially Olines.
Needless to say the Browns had more than ample enough draft picks based on their inept seasons.
Nobody ever said the Browns had a great FO.....they were the butt of NFL jokes until a few seasons ago.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's why cases like these are so hard to prosecute - lack of actual evidence.

They'll take him to Civil court, where the rules/laws are much more in favor of the prosecution, as we saw with the OJ trial and others. The amount they can be awarded will not be as great, of course, but in the end they'll get what several of the women have stated they really want: Watson to be held accountable.

I want Watson to be held accountable too. His actions were inexcusable.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody ever said the Browns had a great FO.....they were the butt of NFL jokes until a few seasons ago.
I've already addressed that in this thread.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this interesting. I wonder if the writer has been following me on the hoop?

RW is more likely going to struggle in his 1st season with Denver.

Adjusting to a new offense (timing with his receivers and such, it's a thing) and they have a rookie HC.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW is more likely going to struggle in his 1st season with Denver.

Adjusting to a new offense (timing with his receivers and such, it's a thing) and they have a rookie HC.....
Well minus the rookie coach the Seahawk receivers don't even know who their starting QB will be. So I'd venture to say there will be a struggle there as well.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I could care less what he or the team does.

But you seem to be getting all worked up about.

So will they or won't they carry 4 QBs make up my mind. Even if they mutually agree to be inactive which I doubt happens he still counts against the 53 man roster.

It makes sense to cut him because they don't want a distraction. Nor do they want to carry three active QBs.

The Browns have generally only carried 2 qbs anyway. Dobbs is likely a practice squad guy and insurance for a Watson suspension. Mayfield would just be an investment to prevent him from going somewhere else.

And I'm perfectly fine. At least I'm a Browns fan. What's your guys excuse for being so enamored with Baker?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on son, stay with us here.

Sticking it to them whether that be by faking injury, being a distraction, playing for another team... can your mind be any more narrow in it's way of thinking? Did I say anything about him actually having the ability to beat the Browns if he went to a different team?

Slow your spin and enjoy the ride.
wow.....that reply had nothing to do with the comment to which you replied...u....gramps?

was that your goal?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does the same thing in the NBA forum.

He'll argue something into the ground for weeks. Even, when he's clearly wrong.
That definitely deserves an "oh, the irony"

One thing I do in both this forum and the NBA forum is base my comment on the post and not the poster. You'd never catch me agreeing with someone who just made a comment that had nothing to do with the comment to which he replied (as you just did here)

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns have generally only carried 2 qbs anyway. Dobbs is likely a practice squad guy and insurance for a Watson suspension. Mayfield would just be an investment to prevent him from going somewhere else.

And I'm perfectly fine. At least I'm a Browns fan. What's your guys excuse for being so enamored with Baker?
Exactly.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Struggling with reading comprehension are you?

Did any of the picks from only the first three rounds make an impact before 2020?

I'll stop there while you go beat yourself up. You can't be this dumb.
In fact, those picks did not make much of an impact and that's the point. You first tried to claim Baker DI have a number of high picks helping him out to make your case. Now you are making a complete 180 to make your case? well, not even sure what your case is at this point other than to smack yourself around.

Perhaps you need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass :noidea:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That roster wasn't very good....The reason they went 7-8-1 in Baker's rookie season was due to some reasons.

1-Mayfield had a record breaking rookie season.

2-Let's look at some of the skill positions, shall we?

The best receiver was a RB in 2017, Duke Johnson with 74. In 2018? Jarvis Landry had 81 catches. An actual real receiver.

Crowell was the best RB at barely 4ypc in 2017. In 2018 they had a pretty damn good rookie at Rb. Nick Chubb, maybe you have heard of him? He averaged over 5ypc as a rookie.

3-Same coach that went 0-16 in 2017 but in 2018 they had better talent.

4-The defense was a lot better.
Kind of made my case though doubt you meant to. You are correct in that Baker had little talent so doesn't it seem odd he tried to say how much talent he had when until 2020 that was far from the case? Especially on offense?

In addition, in 2018 since the OC was trying to sabotage the HC he didn't even play Chubb that much and instead played Hyde.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had won a total of 4 games the three previous years. 7 wins was a dynasty for them.

Maybe you miss understood my tongue in cheek response to comedygold88. There was plenty of good talent selected on both sides of the ball between 2014-2018. They also missed on a lot.
Haha...If you simply owned you made a foolish comment what would happen? Length you are going not to it must be pretty severe.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said something similar in another thread - could he be suspended for multiple years? I know it's a HUUUGE jump based on past suspensions, but no other accusation/issue has come forward with 23 lawsuits/litigants. Add in the Browns and Watson clearly were worried about being suspended, and worked a contract to circumvent any real impact the league might have if they suspended him up to a year.

So, could we see something like a 2 year suspension and and a need for Watson to apply for reinstatement - and also maybe a provision that reinstatement is also tied in with a conclusion of the 23 lawsuits filed?

I have no idea, but I don't think this is a "usual" case of a guy breaking a rule, law, getting sued, or whatever we want to call this - and therefor, I don't think it's unreasonable to at least wonder if the punishment might be far more unusual/harsh than any before it.
Nothing crazy about anything you wondered happening.....other than the suspension having to do with watson's deal as Garrett has the exact same amount coming in the first year of his deal (Ward's will be incredibly low, too) and as far as I know they are not facing a suspension.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need an explanation? Not trying to be a smartass or anything.

Due to his own actions he's put himself in a very bad spot. Normal people don't have 20+ women come forward with accusations like that.
He's definitely made some mistakes. Idea he said he'd change nothing was just absurd.