• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max is a 3rd? Could be much less, depending on his contract and FA agents the Browns sign and of course they would of eaten the 19 million they owe him.
I can't imagine any close to a 3rd unless the way it stands now. But crazier things have happened.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. And what line is he toeing? He's not showing up lol
Toeing the company line but given the standard company remarks. Once those mics and reporters are in front of him, he'll be BM. It's only the start of OTAs. Many players aren't at their respective camps. So I wouldn't think we'd be hearing much now.

Wait till it's mandatory. Or even better when he's sitting on the bench watching a journeyman QB taking snaps because Watson is suspended. Every bad play by Brisset the cameras will pan to him pouting at a minimum on the bench.

Should be fun to watch.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't care what team he was on. This has been over a year and the criminal aspect handled for several months. Make a decision.
That's kind of funny. He was up for potential felony charges.

How long did deflategate last? That was a debate over how much power Goofball has. Otherwise it could've been over in a couple weeks. Unless you don't believe in science?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of funny. He was up for potential felony charges.

How long did deflategate last? That was a debate over how much power Goofball has. Otherwise it could've been over in a couple weeks. Unless you don't believe in science?

Two wildly different scenarios. You may as well be comparing steak to a peanut butter sandwich.

Reactions: DJ

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toeing the company line but given the standard company remarks. Once those mics and reporters are in front of him, he'll be BM. It's only the start of OTAs. Many players aren't at their respective camps. So I wouldn't think we'd be hearing much now.

Wait till it's mandatory. Or even better when he's sitting on the bench watching a journeyman QB taking snaps because Watson is suspended. Every bad play by Brisset the cameras will pan to him pouting at a minimum on the bench.

Should be fun to watch.

Why would he travel with the team at all if they mutually agreed for him to sit out?

You all are just inventing scenarios that aren't plausible.

And if the team asked him to play given a Watson suspension and he refused...well that's on him and he'd be giving up some of his salary. But I don't see any scenario where he's on the bench, Watson is suspended and BM is just watching Jacoby play from the sideline.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I like how they say Baker would of been their starter but the Browns couldn't pass on trading for some pervert once he was available.

Ice Cube Reaction GIF
*would have*

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he travel with the team at all if they mutually agreed for him to sit out?

And if the team asked him to play given a Watson suspension and he refused...well that's on him and he'd be giving up some of his salary. But I don't see any scenario where he's on the bench, Watson is suspended and BM is just watching Jacoby play from the sideline.
This.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two wildly different scenarios. You may as well be comparing steak to a peanut butter sandwich.
I'm just comparing how long the NFL can draw things out.

But you're making my point stronger. Potential felony charges verse a couple psi of air pressure.

Sorry not trying to get into an arguement. I was simply stating deflate took two years.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who said anything about travel? He may, he may not?

So let's say Watson gets suspended which is highly likely given Goofball's track record.

Are the Browns going to carry 4 QBs? Is Josh Dobbs going to be their back up? What is Baker going to the PS? Or are they not going to have a PS QB? You want to talk about distractions and drama.

Or are you saying BM will just sit at home making more than every other Brown player.

Maybe some here are trying to put lipstick on a pig, not inventing scenarios.

After being snubbed you really can't see BM faking an injury?

So is he sitting at home or is he on the bench and or playing? Tough to debate non plausible scenarios when they are being argued from both sides.

Guess I'll take the field vs the Rams to win the SB. That's in line with steak and PB&J.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about travel? He may, he may not?

So let's say Watson gets suspended which is highly likely given Goofball's track record.

Are the Browns going to carry 4 QBs? Is Josh Dobbs going to be their back up? What is Baker going to the PS? Or are they not going to have a PS QB? You want to talk about distractions and drama.

Or are you saying BM will just sit at home making more than every other Brown player.

Maybe some here are trying to put lipstick on a pig, not inventing scenarios.

After being snubbed you really can't see BM faking an injury?

So is he sitting at home or is he on the bench and or playing? Tough to debate non plausible scenarios when they are being argued from both sides.

Guess I'll take the field vs the Rams to win the SB. That's in line with steak and PB&J.

They wouldn't be carrying 4 qbs. They'd make him inactive every week until the season was over. And all this is in the highly unlikely event he doesn't get traded.

And who said something about travel? You did. When you said he'd be sitting on the bench watching Jacoby play. That's not going to happen either.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you all desperately want him to be released. They've already said it isn't happening. Even sitting on him all year is preferable to allowing him to pick his destination and possibly hurt the Browns playoff chances.

I'd see the Browns effectively giving him away in a trade before seeing him cut. At least then they can choose his location.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me Mayfield market was about like Bridgewater and the Browns were hoping it was closer to Wentz or Darnold deals, which IMO were very bad deals for the team agreeing to them. Just a limited amount of suckers in a league and the Browns couldn’t find one.
Guessing Browns new the market would be different.....Darnold was dealt with 2 years left of team control and half the money owed to Baker in the year he was acquired. In that situation Baker is already gone IMO. If you disagree that's cool. Wentz, while owed a lot at least has more team control and was healthy after this season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m surprised how many Browns fans think Baker is going to go along with whatever they Browns FO chose a rapist over him.
I mean, he doesn't have much choice if he wants to be paid and the year to count as an accrued season, does he?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I like how they say Baker would of been their starter but the Browns couldn't pass on trading for some pervert once he was available.

Ice Cube Reaction GIF
The pervert is kind of good at the job for which the Browns acquired him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you all desperately want him to be released. They've already said it isn't happening. Even sitting on him all year is preferable to allowing him to pick his destination and possibly hurt the Browns playoff chances.

I'd see the Browns effectively giving him away in a trade before seeing him cut. At least then they can choose his location.
This. And him being released and giving him away isn't going to happen.

We'll just see when a starting QB goes down with an injury.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to agree with that, that poster has gone around the bend, but the others (mostly) been pretty cool. Think @Stakesarehigh desires some thumbs up for this post:

View attachment 297743
Now lets compare that to dtgold88 view on the matter:

If I had to guess what he did? I'd say he didn't do anything for which he should be tried criminally. Of the 22 women, likely he did something inappropriate with at least 1......but who knows?

Does dtgold88 sound like a apologist for Watson? Sounds like it to me. While @Stakesarehigh pretty much nailed it with his sardonic post.
An apologist saying he did something wrong to at least one of them AND said he really has no excuse for having/needing so many massage therapists? In addition, said his reply that he'd do nothing differently was foolish to say. If he believes that, even worse.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m surprised how many Browns fans think Baker is going to go along with whatever they Browns FO chose a rapist over him.

Watson's a scumbag and I'm very disappointed he now plays for my team. How can you call him a rapist when two separate grand juries didn't indict him?

Do you have legit proof he raped any of his accusers? Of course you don't.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @comedygold88 may be onto something here. Not that he'll admit his FO is/was inept nor how other franchises would've loved to have had all the picks the Browns have had. Since this is about BM and the BROWNS we'll just examine the prowess of their FO since 2014. I use 2014 because if the FO selected good players, not great in 14 they should still be playing for the Browns during BMs first season.

1st round
Justin Gilbert, DB
Johnny Manziel, QB
2nd round
Joel Bitonio, G
3rd round
Christian Kirksey, LB
Terrance West, RB
2015 1st round
Danny Shelton, NT
Cameron Irving, C (because they don't count)
2nd round
Nate Orchid, DE
3rd round
Duke Johnson, RB
Xavier Cooper, DB
2016 1st round
Corey Coleman, WR
2nd round
Emmanuel Ogbah, DE
3rd round
Carl Nassib, DE
Shon Coleman, T
Cody Kessler, QB
2017 1st round
Myles Garret, DE
Jabril Peppers, S
David Njoku, TE,
2nd Round
Deshone Kizer, QB
3rd round
Larry Ogunjobi, DT
2018 1st round
Baker Mayfield, QB
Denzel Ward, CB
2nd round
Austin Corbett, C
Nick Chubb, RB
3rd round
Chad Thomas, DE

In 5 years they had 25 3rd round or higher picks. 2017 was the ONLY year they didn't have 2 or 3 picks in the 1st round alone.
In all but one year they drafted a QB in the 3rd or above.
Twice they took a C in the first or 2nd.

So on and so forth, WR, RB, OL...

Hell I could've gotten them to a playoff game.

I guess in the end it doesn't really matter how many high picks you have, what position player you pick, if you're the Browns you'll find a way to Brown it up.
Once again I want to remind you goal posts are heavier than they look so please get help when you try to move them instead of simply owning you made a foolish comment about all the high picks Baker had at his disposal in 2018 when he helped turn an 0-16 team to a 7 win team. Other years as well, as not many 1st rounders on offense for him.

Just an FYI on your latest ramble.....I doubt any Browns' fans disagree previous Browns' regimes have been beyond dumb.