• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the deals for Wentz and Darnold might also be decent comparisons, no?
Seems to me Mayfield market was about like Bridgewater and the Browns were hoping it was closer to Wentz or Darnold deals, which IMO were very bad deals for the team agreeing to them. Just a limited amount of suckers in a league and the Browns couldn’t find one.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 297640

I like the sentence "Cleveland is prepared to pay if they can't work out a trade" No kidding, the contract is guaranteed so they don't have a choice about paying him if they fail to trade him. Mayfield a no show at OTAs, what a surprise.
The writer is probably related to comedygold88

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As has been said at nauseum they will sit on him until a team needs a qb. If it gets to being in season then obviously they'd be more willing/have to eat his contract but at a more premium draft pick.

They aren't cutting him. That's not happening.
Yes, I'm sure by week 6-8 BM will be toeing the company line, marching along like a good Soldier. So the Browns eat his almost $19M this year, deal with all the media speculation, BM spouting off anytime a camera or reporter are in front of him so he can just walk away next year free and clear and Cleveland still gets nothing.

Yeah that ain't happenening.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'm sure by week 6-8 BM will be toeing the company line, marching along like a good Soldier. So the Browns eat his almost $19M this year, deal with all the media speculation, BM spouting off anytime a camera or reporter are in front of him so he can just walk away next year free and clear and Cleveland still gets nothing.

I’m surprised how many Browns fans think Baker is going to go along with whatever they Browns FO chose a rapist over him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m surprised how many Browns fans think Baker is going to go along with whatever they Browns FO chose a rapist over him.
Yeah I like how they say Baker would of been their starter but the Browns couldn't pass on trading for some pervert once he was available.

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how many think that? There are a few rational Brown fans here. Then there is @comedygold88. She's in an entire different realm of reality.
Got to love this forum.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how many think that? There are a few rational Brown fans here. Then there is @comedygold88. She's in an entire different realm of reality.
Got to love this forum.
I'd have to agree with that, that poster has gone around the bend, but the others (mostly) been pretty cool. Think @Stakesarehigh desires some thumbs up for this post:

junk.png
Now lets compare that to dtgold88 view on the matter:

If I had to guess what he did? I'd say he didn't do anything for which he should be tried criminally. Of the 22 women, likely he did something inappropriate with at least 1......but who knows?

Does dtgold88 sound like a apologist for Watson? Sounds like it to me. While @Stakesarehigh pretty much nailed it with his sardonic post.

Last edited:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We will see which of us is correct

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @comedygold88 may be onto something here. Not that he'll admit his FO is/was inept nor how other franchises would've loved to have had all the picks the Browns have had. Since this is about BM and the BROWNS we'll just examine the prowess of their FO since 2014. I use 2014 because if the FO selected good players, not great in 14 they should still be playing for the Browns during BMs first season.

1st round
Justin Gilbert, DB
Johnny Manziel, QB
2nd round
Joel Bitonio, G
3rd round
Christian Kirksey, LB
Terrance West, RB
2015 1st round
Danny Shelton, NT
Cameron Irving, C (because they don't count)
2nd round
Nate Orchid, DE
3rd round
Duke Johnson, RB
Xavier Cooper, DB
2016 1st round
Corey Coleman, WR
2nd round
Emmanuel Ogbah, DE
3rd round
Carl Nassib, DE
Shon Coleman, T
Cody Kessler, QB
2017 1st round
Myles Garret, DE
Jabril Peppers, S
David Njoku, TE,
2nd Round
Deshone Kizer, QB
3rd round
Larry Ogunjobi, DT
2018 1st round
Baker Mayfield, QB
Denzel Ward, CB
2nd round
Austin Corbett, C
Nick Chubb, RB
3rd round
Chad Thomas, DE

In 5 years they had 25 3rd round or higher picks. 2017 was the ONLY year they didn't have 2 or 3 picks in the 1st round alone.
In all but one year they drafted a QB in the 3rd or above.
Twice they took a C in the first or 2nd.

So on and so forth, WR, RB, OL...

Hell I could've gotten them to a playoff game.

I guess in the end it doesn't really matter how many high picks you have, what position player you pick, if you're the Browns you'll find a way to Brown it up.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really a victory for the Browns if they don't trade Mayfield? I don't think so and the longer this drags out the lower Mayfield trade value IMO. The Browns tried to play hard ball and lost.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify, because I know how some of the master spinners work their angles here. I'm saying if CLE holds onto him, he will be a distraction and he'll walk away next year and the Browns will get nothing.

IMO the Browns should take anything offered at this point. Pay his salary and get a bag of kicking tees if they can?

There are still a couple of serviceable FA QBs out there. Will be a couple more once teams have to start cutting players. Always the possibility for a trade. Either of these options wouldn't cost near if anything what some think BM could command if a team losses their starter.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really a victory for the Browns if they don't trade Mayfield? I don't think so and the longer this drags out the lower Mayfield trade value IMO. The Browns tried to play hard ball and lost.
Except for the distraction he is.

Agreed his value is quickly becoming less than .10c to the dollar.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify, because I know how some of the master spinners work their angles here. I'm saying if CLE holds onto him, he will be a distraction and he'll walk away next year and the Browns will get nothing.

IMO the Browns should take anything offered at this point. Pay his salary and get a bag of kicking tees if they can?

There are still a couple of serviceable FA QBs out there. Will be a couple more once teams have to start cutting players. Always the possibility for a trade. Either of these options wouldn't cost near if anything what some think BM could command if a team losses their starter.
Well they would likely get a comp pick if that happens.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhh, the ever mysterious comp picks?

We'll have to wait and see. They did sign a few FAs this off season and 7 UDFAs (not sure if they count in the mysterious formula or not)?

What is BMs value if he sits the entire year?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for the distraction he is.

Agreed his value is quickly becoming less than .10c to the dollar.

How is he a distraction if he isn't even there?

I'm way more concerned about the NFL fucking around with Watson's suspension than Baker.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is he a distraction if he isn't even there?

I'm way more concerned about the NFL fucking around with Watson's suspension than Baker.
As I mentioned earlier, as have others the longer this goes on the more of a distraction he will become.

The media lives for controversy. Every microphone and reporter will ask him, teammates, coaches about the situation on a daily basis. Looking at BMs personality there is no way he will want to sit quietly and toe the company line thru a 17 game season.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The $19M part may be tough to negate but all the other criteria like snaps, post season, honors... who knows if CLE will get bitten by the injury bug and require even more FAs?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhh, the ever mysterious comp picks?

We'll have to wait and see. They did sign a few FAs this off season and 7 UDFAs (not sure if they count in the mysterious formula or not)?

What is BMs value if he sits the entire year?
Max is a 3rd? Could be much less, depending on his contract and FA agents the Browns sign and of course they would of eaten the 19 million they owe him.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned earlier, as have others the longer this goes on the more of a distraction he will become.

The media lives for controversy. Every microphone and reporter will ask him, teammates, coaches about the situation on a daily basis. Looking at BMs personality there is no way he will want to sit quietly and toe the company line thru a 17 game season.

I disagree. And what line is he toeing? He's not showing up lol