• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just a tad over a month ago that we knew the raiders were running yet could not stop them.
Uh huh......and have shored things up since. Houston, Philly and even Henry/Tennessee could not run on them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually went back and watched the first half to see him on all plays. He was flawless on passes. Only guy I even saw get past him did not get to baker and was after baker held the ball a while.

hard to tell on runs as I don't know what to look for or what the assignments are but sure didn't seem like he got blown up on anything.
He needs to shore up his run blocking but there is this Giants fan that has been breaking down Thomas and Wills every week, I think he does Becton almost every week too. He seems to know quite a bit, good analysis and breakdown here. Waiting on his week 13 to come out but here is Week 12...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s not a bust obviously and the Tennessee win was good. But before that he beat Jax Houston and Philly by a total of 10 points. I get the boners and excitement but let’s see him beat Baltimore or Pittsburgh... or at least not get blown out

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s not a bust obviously and the Tennessee win was good. But before that he beat Jax Houston and Philly by a total of 10 points. I get the boners and excitement but let’s see him beat Baltimore or Pittsburgh... or at least not get blown out

Nobody is getting a boner, at least not like you over Ramsey lol, but even considering him a bust is just kind of crazy to me. Not one Browns fans said he was a top QB or even top 10 and that's what people aren't getting. Is it crazy to think a QB can not be a bust and not a top 10 QB lol. Nope. First year in his 3 year career he has a coach that uses his strengths. Only time will tell what his ceiling will be.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is getting a boner, at least not like you over Ramsey lol, but even considering him a bust is just kind of crazy to me. Not one Browns fans said he was a top QB or even top 10 and that's what people aren't getting. Is it crazy to think a QB can not be a bust and not a top 10 QB lol. Nope. First year in his 3 year career he has a coach that uses his strengths. Only time will tell what his ceiling will be.

Boner for Ramsey?? I’m in!

At least Baker is looking better. Funny with no OBJ kinda interesting for sure

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boner for Ramsey?? I’m in!

At least Baker is looking better. Funny with no OBJ kinda interesting for sure

Yeah Ramsey is a beast. Sucks Baker-OBJ was never panned out...at least so far. The Browns need to draft that Devonta Smith kid, baller.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Ramsey is a beast. Sucks Baker-OBJ was never panned out...at least so far. The Browns need to draft that Devonta Smith kid, baller.

My good buddy is a Browns fan. He always said he felt like Baker seemed to be pressured to throw to OBJ more instead of spread it around. Worse thing that can happen for a QB.

at some point if the Browns keep OBJ.. they need to fight and get it over with. Baker needs to tell him what’s up

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And before they won in Dallas early in season it was "let's see him beat a good team (Dallas was 2-1 and still had Dak)"......Then it was let's see them beat a good team when they play Indy. They did. Last week it was let's see him go to Tennessee and win.

He is part of a team if not aware, and not really his fault when the D cannot stop Philly and Jville from keeping back in.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My good buddy is a Browns fan. He always said he felt like Baker seemed to be pressured to throw to OBJ more instead of spread it around. Worse thing that can happen for a QB.

at some point if the Browns keep OBJ.. they need to fight and get it over with. Baker needs to tell him what’s up
I don't think the issue was so much the pressure to throw to him (were many times fans/media complained he did NOT throw enough to him). I think the reason they didn't click is OBJ not big on running precise routes and freelances. Guys Baker throws to now are where they are supposed to be.

If you can see the play OBJ got hurt he didn't even look for the pass before it was picked. Very possible it was supposed to be a back shoulder pass and OBJ decided to run a go. Cinci beat us on many passes like that in the game.

doubt they cut him or trade him (as would be selling low). If he keeps playing well with lesser WRs, thinking they sit down OBJ and show him what Baker can do if he's where he is supposed to be. If he wont buy in then maybe they move on.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And before they won in Dallas early in season it was "let's see him beat a good team (Dallas was 2-1 and still had Dak)"......Then it was let's see them beat a good team when they play Indy. They did. Last week it was let's see him go to Tennessee and win.

He is part of a team if not aware, and not really his fault when the D cannot stop Philly and Jville from keeping back in.

He scored zero TDs on Houston. He’s got a few good wins. But he’s hasn’t beat the best in his division and he’s actually scored only 2 TDs on the Ravens and Steelers this year combined.

these are all facts Jack. I get the excitement it’s been awhile for the Browns

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed the last step is good showings versus Pittsburgh and Baltimore

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He scored zero TDs on Houston. He’s got a few good wins. But he’s hasn’t beat the best in his division and he’s actually scored only 2 TDs on the Ravens and Steelers this year combined.

He’s beat Baltimore twice in his career just sayin. But still BALT and PIT are the teams he needs to succeed against...although if BAL plays bad the excuse is going to be, “BAL isnt as good as last year, they are average”. No point in going in circles. If they make the playoffs it’s a step in the right direction, cant get blown out by the best teams though.

That being said, no reason to nitpick a game that had bad conditions. He’s thrown the ball 120 times less than Goff and he has 4 more TD’s. Facts.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s beat Baltimore twice in his career just sayin. But still BALT and PIT are the teams he needs to succeed against...although if BAL plays bad the excuse is going to be, “BAL isnt as good as last year, they are average”. No point in going in circles. If they make the playoffs it’s a step in the right direction, cant get blown out by the best teams though.

That being said, no reason to nitpick a game that had bad conditions. He’s thrown the ball 120 times less than Goff and he has 4 more TD’s. Facts.

No one is pimpin Jared Goff here. Lol where did you see that? Baker needs to do better than what he did this year against the best in his Division because they got bombed by both

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what I said also facts, uh, John?

I suspect if Browns win this week the same fact will happen again. Bmore will magically not be so good anymore.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is pimpin Jared Goff here. Lol where did you see that? Baker needs to do better than what he did this year against the best in his Division because they got bombed by both
and if he played well in those games but was awful in a loss to, say, Washington would be "cannot lose to WFT. I mean, he played very well against Bmore last year and was Bmore's last loss of the year. For some reason it did not excuse him for his future poor performances. weird.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen passes that were longer - at least longer than the 68 yards he's given credit for......but that throw was 72-73 yards. always thought was absurd to say the kid didn't have an arm no matter what else one might think of him.
Always said he had the arm talent. I mean if you look at some of balls he throws I think we both said early he looked like Favre bc he throws the ball so damn hard. If it was Madden he should have a 95+ throw power

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always said he had the arm talent. I mean if you look at some of balls he throws I think we both said early he looked like Favre bc he throws the ball so damn hard. If it was Madden he should have a 95+ throw power
some of his best throws IMO are deep outs he throws on a laser to covered receivers.

Not sure if in area or it matters to you....but NBC is back on for the game tonight.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of his best throws IMO are deep outs he throws on a laser to covered receivers.

Not sure if in area or it matters to you....but NBC is back on for the game tonight.
I get all games so I will get it. Hope they play their best. Ward and Hooper should be back