• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some just don't want to give Baker credit when due and that's cool. Funny is when these WRs drop passes they wont even hold them accountable...that's on Baker, too. Kid cannot win with some.

Just glad to see he does not respond to his critics anymore.

Glad he has finally turned that corner and is more mature now. Still think BAL and PIT provide the toughest matchups bc they put pressure on the QB at all times, hope to see them put up fights against those teams though. PIT just seems like a bad matchup imo which sucks

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some just don't want to give Baker credit when due and that's cool. Funny is when these WRs drop passes they wont even hold them accountable...that's on Baker, too. Kid cannot win with some.

Just glad to see he does not respond to his critics anymore.

Hes been doing very well with that this year

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad he has finally turned that corner and is more mature now. Still think BAL and PIT provide the toughest matchups bc they put pressure on the QB at all times, hope to see them put up fights against those teams though. PIT just seems like a bad matchup imo which sucks

Sucks they lost. I kind of wondered if they'd go for perfection anyway but moot point

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have much at WR...that's what most don't realize especially w/o OBJ now.

They have Landry, who I love, but he is a non-existent deep threat. Great route runner and possession WR-amazing hands.
Higgins - he is nothing special but he seems to have a connection with Baker.
DPJ - well he is a rookie, he shows his potential at times but he was only playing bc they literally only had 3 WR's. They had to pull Bradly off the practice squad for their 4th WR and he played 11 snaps so they had 3 WR's for that game.
Threw to his TE's only 3 times...Njoku has his moments but inconsistent and Hooper is inconsistent as well, both seem to be pretty good blockers though.

Compare them to the Steelers who might have the most talented in the league at WR...it's night and day.

Hopefully the Marvin Hall pickup gives them another deep threat
great article if you haven't seen it....... favorite part -
"Andrew Berry has embraced finding the guys and letting his coach make them great. It is funny how something that sounds so simple has been so difficult for Cleveland to find since 1999. No grandiose egos are pounding the table for their guy—no one saying how they wanted this player or that player. The GM is doing his job, the coach is doing his job, and ownership lets them.

Berry fixed the weakest link on the offensive side of the ball by building the offensive line. He has let his coach run the team. He has stabilized a front office that has been through turmoil even when some good things have come out of it."

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with what Berry has done thus far. Well...other than id have kept either Kirksey or Schobert.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta admit that was pretty slick by Baker there ^^^^^^

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea with only a 2 year deal and that cap space id have kept Kirksey.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great article if you haven't seen it....... favorite part -
"Andrew Berry has embraced finding the guys and letting his coach make them great. It is funny how something that sounds so simple has been so difficult for Cleveland to find since 1999. No grandiose egos are pounding the table for their guy—no one saying how they wanted this player or that player. The GM is doing his job, the coach is doing his job, and ownership lets them.

Berry fixed the weakest link on the offensive side of the ball by building the offensive line. He has let his coach run the team. He has stabilized a front office that has been through turmoil even when some good things have come out of it."

Berry has been amazing and amazing isn't even enough to explain the job he had done and how he turned it around.I knew Wills was playing well and improving every week but those stats shocked me honestly.

All Wills has done is be the highest-rated pass-blocking left tackles in the NFL.

Jedrick Wills Jr: 1.9% QB pressure rate over the last 5 weeks:
1st among rookie OTs
4th among all NFL OTs

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berry has been amazing and amazing isn't even enough to explain the job he had done and how he turned it around.I knew Wills was playing well and improving every week but those stats shocked me honestly.

All Wills has done is be the highest-rated pass-blocking left tackles in the NFL.

1st among rookie OTs
4th among all NFL OTs

Without looking there were still a couple of tackles left as well. So he really nailed that one.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea with only a 2 year deal and that cap space id have kept Kirksey.

Not sure how long Kirksey has been back from his injury but it seems like all the CLE LB's are rated better than him so far. The LB core is improving and I think a big part of that is Malcolm Smith.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how long Kirksey has been back from his injury but it seems like all the CLE LB's are rated better than him so far. The LB core is improving and I think a big part of that is Malcolm Smith.

Well maybe PFF is pretty slanted...never understood some of analyzing. Kirksey would have been nice, he was underrated in my eyes

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe PFF is pretty slanted...never understood some of analyzing. Kirksey would have been nice, he was underrated in my eyes

Same here. Plus a great lockeroom guy.

I don't see how our linebackers are anything but terrible

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1st among rookie OTs
4th among all NFL OTs
I actually went back and watched the first half to see him on all plays. He was flawless on passes. Only guy I even saw get past him did not get to baker and was after baker held the ball a while.

hard to tell on runs as I don't know what to look for or what the assignments are but sure didn't seem like he got blown up on anything.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with what Berry has done thus far. Well...other than id have kept either Kirksey or Schobert.
Not for that price IMO......but should have resigned schobert a couple years ago as he'd have taken less for security. and Kirksey hurt again.

To be fair, while narrative was made, the LBs have been playing a lot better. Especially on the run. Goodson and Smith have been very good and the young guys are coming around (Takitaki and Wilson).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. Plus a great lockeroom guy.

I don't see how our linebackers are anything but terrible
Because you are buying a narrative which, admittedly, once one is created it's hard to shake. No doubt they struggled some early and were awful in some games (LV for sure), but they've been pretty solid last few games. No longer a sieve against the run.

Isn't to say I wouldn't want to add a guy the O fears in FA or draft.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stealing this from a friend and so well said.......

The most joy I am getting out of this season honestly isn’t the record....it isn’t debating about Baker....it isn’t watching Chubb run over everybody (well, it might be that a little bit). It’s looking at the Jets, the Lions, the Jaguars, the Falcons, seeing they have a multi-year rebuild to relevance staring them in the face, and realizing “that’s not us any more.” We no longer have a future to look forward to. We have a present.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you are buying a narrative which, admittedly, once one is created it's hard to shake. No doubt they struggled some early and were awful in some games (LV for sure), but they've been pretty solid last few games. No longer a sieve against the run.

Isn't to say I wouldn't want to add a guy the O fears in FA or draft.

It was just a tad over a month ago that we knew the raiders were running yet could not stop them.