• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers pooh-poohing is getting weird. I get they wouldn't be favored on a neutral field with the Chiefs, but they aren't last year's Patriots either with diddly fucking squat at the skill positions either.

I'm with ya. I don't get the Steeler-bashing either.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but you can't score 7 points either.
Herbert had 0 yesterday against NE who is solid but not on level of Steeler D I don't think. Murray has had his clunkers.....and look what has become of Wentz and darnold. LJ struggling himself lately and he has an elite D to save him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 3 of those games were played in heavy rain and or wind. That was my point.

The opposing qbs weren't any better in those games. Wentz was worse
Wentz and watson both worse. Probably carr, too, but his receivers didn't drop 5 balls ( 2 in EZ).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see them winning 1 of their final 4 and finishing 10-6.

If you're wrong gonna remind you about this comment and make fun of you! :heh:

• Haha
Reactions: DJ

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like they are. whatever we might think of the players I am certain we finally found the right coach (probably FO as well).

Not having a manchild for a coach has been a nice change from last year

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cowherd has been right on with Baker. The biggest reason for the turnaround is, as Colin pointed out, is a coach who knows what they are. A run first team that puts Baker in position to excel, not a pass first team that has Baker throwing 45x a game. I think knowing who you are as a team is vitally important, it’s why the Pats are 6-6 with a totally talentless roster and a QB with more wins than TD passes

Of course but also has a cop out if Baker has a great game...always. Cowherd is knowledgable but the running game did not set up the passing game vs TEN. Stefanski has been great and of course that helps Baker...he's had 4 coaches in 2 years. Why can't he finally have a knowledgable coach? Baker deserves a ton of the credit for making the throws and his arm talent is up there in the top of league which I've always said and agreed with Colin.

If Baker can play better and manage the games against elite defenses like BAL and PIT they will have a chance vs those stout defenses. He had 300 passing yards and 4 TD's twice this season in ONE HALF. Only QB to do that and he did it twice. Of course not one QB is going to have a game like that against those two stout AFCN teams. He's more than a game manager like Colin has said over and over again, that's where he is wrong. He doesn't need to play like an elite QB to prove he isn't a game manager, that's where he is way off here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having a manchild for a coach has been a nice change from last year
No great to instead go against coaches who mismanage the clock and TOs. Hell, even Vrabel did end of half yesterday (and I like him).

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want chaos.....like the Raiders and Browns finishing with the same record.....it'd be cool if they both got in the postseason.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt Baker is ever top 5 level but he can get to top 10-15 if he continues.

Top half of the league qb with a strong running game should do some things.

Now if the D could just be healthy. Like ever.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't shy away from my bad comments like......some.

The frustrating thing for me is it's the Browns. And while 9-3 sounds great right now. It won't mean anything if they fall apart the last quarter of the season.

I would think they'll be the favorites against the Jets & Giants. And dogs against the Ravens & Steelers. To be honest if they can't go at least 2-2 down the stretch I'll be a little disappointed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, without OBJ (never mind he's better without him) his weapons are Landry, Higgins, Taywan Taylor, Peoples-Jones and Khaderal Hodge. Hooper a decent TE but hasn't done a lot this season (and missed a bunch of games).

His biggest weapon and the biggest reason he's doing well is that running game. Keeps defenses honest and buys him time. OBJ being gone (addition by subtraction, imo) means he can just get the ball to the open guy instead of always having to try to get it to the same guy.

I'd say another big weapon he has is a good coach who seems to know how to use him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His biggest weapon and the biggest reason he's doing well is that running game. Keeps defenses honest and buys him time. OBJ being gone (addition by subtraction, imo) means he can just get the ball to the open guy instead of always having to try to get it to the same guy.

I'd say another big weapon he has is a good coach who seems to know how to use him.
running game helps, sure, but I'm thinking it's OK to credit Baker a lot, as well, as he really doesn't have much now at WR. Tennessee has a really good run game and Tannehill didn't do much until game got out of hand. Bmore has a nice run game and LJ can't throw the ball so well.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
running game helps, sure, but I'm thinking it's OK to credit Baker a lot, as well, as he really doesn't have much now at WR. Tennessee has a really good run game and Tannehill didn't do much until game got out of hand. Bmore has a nice run game and LJ can't throw the ball so well.

LJ is a limited passer. If you look at his charts he struggles with certain balls. They tailor that offense to fit him nicely however. But if athleticism ever goes he will fall to a 15-20 qb at best

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have much at WR...that's what most don't realize especially w/o OBJ now.

They have Landry, who I love, but he is a non-existent deep threat. Great route runner and possession WR-amazing hands.
Higgins - he is nothing special but he seems to have a connection with Baker.
DPJ - well he is a rookie, he shows his potential at times but he was only playing bc they literally only had 3 WR's. They had to pull Bradly off the practice squad for their 4th WR and he played 11 snaps so they had 3 WR's for that game.
Threw to his TE's only 3 times...Njoku has his moments but inconsistent and Hooper is inconsistent as well, both seem to be pretty good blockers though.

Compare them to the Steelers who might have the most talented in the league at WR...it's night and day.

Hopefully the Marvin Hall pickup gives them another deep threat

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have much at WR...that's what most don't realize especially w/o OBJ now.

They have Landry, who I love, but he is a non-existent deep threat. Great route runner and possession WR-amazing hands.
Higgins - he is nothing special but he seems to have a connection with Baker.
DPJ - well he is a rookie, he shows his potential at times but he was only playing bc they literally only had 3 WR's. They had to pull Bradly off the practice squad for their 4th WR and he played 11 snaps so they had 3 WR's for that game.
Threw to his TE's only 3 times...Njoku has his moments but inconsistent and Hooper is inconsistent as well, both seem to be pretty good blockers though.

Compare them to the Steelers who might have the most talented in the league at WR...it's night and day.

Hopefully the Marvin Hall pickup gives them another deep threat
Some just don't want to give Baker credit when due and that's cool. Funny is when these WRs drop passes they wont even hold them accountable...that's on Baker, too. Kid cannot win with some.

Just glad to see he does not respond to his critics anymore.