• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because Can't Get Right 0-2 Jackson is a RB and not a legit QB, I don't care what his stats say because unlike Baker, he's had everything stacked around him to be successful and still keeps laying an egg in the post....
Take the WR, TE, and RB around Baker and put them around Lamar and Jackson has even better stats.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because Can't Get Right 0-2 Jackson is a RB and not a legit QB, I don't care what his stats say because unlike Baker, he's had everything stacked around him to be successful and still keeps laying an egg in the post....

He played what a half a season in that first year postseason loss...so one bad loss. Maybe he is that guy that performs great in the regular season and doesn't win in the postseason, maybe their scheme can't beat the elite...either way, he is already much better than Baker and you got him late in the 1st. That's a win in itself.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the WR, TE, and RB around Baker and put them around Lamar and Jackson has even better stats.

Lamar has the better TE...easily. Andrews is such a beast.
Obviously, the Browns have great RB's but it's not like Ingram is a bad option. Dobbins could be a great one eventually.

But Lamar might have the best OL in the NFL and the best defense. Weapons aren't everything. Overall Baker has the better weapons, can't disagree but I'm not sure you can do better than Lamar did last season...the scheme has a lot to do with it and Lamar's accuracy is getting better imo. It's never been about the weapons in Raven's scheme so I'm not so sure Odell would even thrive...Landry would imo he's a pretty damn good blocker.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker is about to bust a nut on all of you h8ters

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously. He’s Manziel without the tattoos and schizophrenia.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only say that because you want the black qb to be great and there never has been one.... The Ravens oline and D is way better and I think the run game is too....But what you're missing is that from day 1 with Can't Get Right 0-2 Jackson they have built from the coaches to the players to the game plan all around his limited qb skill, which is 60-40 run plays....
Baker started out good but lost his HC, OC, players and he plays for the worst run team in the league....
Put CGR 0-2 on that team and he would still be in intensive care with an 0- forever record...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only say that because you want the black qb to be great and there never has been one.... The Ravens oline and D is way better and I think the run game is too....But what you're missing is that from day 1 with Can't Get Right 0-2 Jackson they have built from the coaches to the players to the game plan all around his limited qb skill, which is 60-40 run plays....
Baker started out good but lost his HC, OC, players and he plays for the worst run team in the league....
Put CGR 0-2 on that team and he would still be in intensive care with an 0- forever record...
I could give a shit less if a black QB is great.
I do care about a racist saying he can't be good because he is black.
Read your Bible or change your signature to "racist who can't change"

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the game...

Afterwards...

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before the Cleveland Baker stans deflect with the injury

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think a lot of this has to do with teams just catching on to him...nobody ever saw him play as a rookie. Plus this system isn't built for him to throw for 400 yards and 3 TD's...that being said, I haven't seen really any improvement as a rookie and that's worried me for some time now.

They can't seem to beat the great teams but it seems like they can compete with everyone else, that can only take you so far but take it one step at a time. If Baker doesn't workout long-term, they will come to that when it happens. Can't really do anything at this point

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns have a lot of money...the decision either this offseason to next will be: Pay Baker or go pay a QB in FA or a QB that is on a losing team that doesn't want to be there. If the missing piece is a QB, they have the money to pay one you better believe a QB will want to play on this talented team. Only time will tell.

FA QB's in 2021
Dak (could be)
Winston
Cam

Not a whole lot out there...even in 2022. Mahomes and Watson signed extensions.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns have a lot of money...the decision either this offseason to next will be: Pay Baker or go pay a QB in FA or a QB that is on a losing team that doesn't want to be there. If the missing piece is a QB, they have the money to pay one you better believe a QB will want to play on this talented team. Only time will tell.

FA QB's in 2021
Dak (could be)
Winston
Cam

Not a whole lot out there...even in 2022. Mahomes and Watson signed extensions.
Another QB drafting year for Cleveland? Sorta feels that way unless they want to keep dumping picks into the defense that still has a ton of talent that haven't panned out yet.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another QB drafting year for Cleveland? Sorta feels that way unless they want to keep dumping picks into the defense that still has a ton of talent that haven't panned out yet.

Idk man...they would have to hit it on the money picking middle to late 1st or in a later round. It's a crapshoot. I just don't see that happening unless they pick a QB in a mid round and turns out to be that player.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bust for a #1 pick. He's a starting caliber QB, but not an elite one, and he won't be.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk man...they would have to hit it on the money picking middle to late 1st or in a later round. It's a crapshoot. I just don't see that happening unless they pick a QB in a mid round and turns out to be that player.
What's the Browns draft capital looking like this year? I wouldn't put it past them to trade away Njoku.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still a young defense.
Delpit out for season.
Mack Wilson was a late pick but only time will tell.
Ward is a stud.
Greedy is always injured so not sure how good he is really.
Not much LB core...I wanted them to get Simmons but pretty happy they went OL.

I say keep building up the defense and gaining assets. They will probably have to go trade for a QB if push comes to shove...having a stud, franchise QB is the key to long-term success and for every team it gives them that nice, warm feeling inside lol.