• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not hating OS, but I'm not anxious to be wearing depends and drooling all over myself.

You may be there already, but this old warrior is still showing the big guns for real....Senior Buff Daddy ,Believe it or not.....
:rockon:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he is part of the reason that they are on their 4th coach...
I think Baker has all the ability to be a top tier qb, he showed it his first year....So what has changed, the people around him, and the Browns have a long history of killing qb's careers....Coach merry go round, bad drafts, bad decisions....I'd like to see Baker in NE, with solid coaching and game planning....Who knows, Brady 2 ???????

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Baker has all the ability to be a top tier qb, he showed it his first year....So what has changed, the people around him, and the Browns have a long history of killing qb's careers....Coach merry go round, bad drafts, bad decisions....I'd like to see Baker in NE, with solid coaching and game planning....Who knows, Brady 2 ???????
I seem to recall you disliking Lamar Jackson who has better stats in every way than Baker, but you have never given him as much respect as the insurance actor.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall you disliking Lamar Jackson who has better stats in every way than Baker, but you have never given him as much respect as the insurance actor.
He’s boycotted the nfl. I’m not even sure how he knows what’s happened this season. I don’t know how you boycott , but keep constantly engaging..

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t watch much of the first half but looks like Baker is rolling

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a shit game against the Ravens is really the time to be bumping this thread. Lot of QBs, good ones even, are gonna look like garbage this year against them, imo. If he shits the bed against the Bengals, then yeah, he'll deserve more heat.
Said all week maybe give him more than 1 game against a SB favorite. That said, not sure how much a really good game against Cinci tells us either. But better to play well than not.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t watch much of the first half but looks like Baker is rolling
near perfect game until the INT. Cinci not very good so hard to read much into his performance this week either.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I agree Baker can still be a franchise guy whose career did the Browns kill? Not sure I see any of their QB busts being successful elsewhere. Maybe Couch as he got beat up behind an awful expansion line.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we should read too much into either of the first two games in regards to Mayfield. The first game was vs. one of the best defenses in the league and the Browns were behind early. And last night was vs. one of the worst defenses and they were running the ball down their throat all night. Everyone just figuring things out still as well. Stefanski, the players, everyone. It's gonna take a few games to see what's what.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we should read too much into either of the first two games in regards to Mayfield. The first game was vs. one of the best defenses in the league and the Browns were behind early. And last night was vs. one of the worst defenses and they were running the ball down their throat all night. Everyone just figuring things out still as well. Stefanski, the players, everyone. It's gonna take a few games to see what's what.

I'm looking more at Mayfield, than the defenses tbh. What I've seen so far...if he gets on a roll and comfortable he can have a nice game, if not, it could be an awful game. No balance. He still has trouble reading the defense. That INT he made...you gotta read the defense better. You aren't going to beat good teams making those reads. The Browns need to run it 35 times a night and do it consistently if they want to win...that is their strength and it help Mayfield imo. It can make him more comfortable...it could take him another couple years to get better at reading defenses. It's different for everyone...that's why I agree, still too early to tell. We just can't be sitting here in 2 years thinking the same thing and the Browns are debating throwing $30M at him. He would need to vastly improve to consider that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking more at Mayfield, than the defenses tbh. What I've seen so far...if he gets on a roll and comfortable he can have a nice game, if not, it could be an awful game. No balance. He still has trouble reading the defense. That INT he made...you gotta read the defense better. You aren't going to beat good teams making those reads. The Browns need to run it 35 times a night and do it consistently if they want to win...that is their strength and it help Mayfield imo. It can make him more comfortable...it could take him another couple years to get better at reading defenses. It's different for everyone...that's why I agree, still too early to tell. We just can't be sitting here in 2 years thinking the same thing and the Browns are debating throwing $30M at him. He would need to vastly improve to consider that.
Guy made the right reads most of the night. Had a very nice completion % and was at 9+ yards/pass....but you think one bad pass is what we need to look at? He also was among the top QBs in all of football in 2018 when it came to accuracy, smarts and RZ play.

Isn't to say we know he can be that guy again and on a more consistent basis, but only time he hasn't been was with Freddie as coach and in week one against a SB favorite after a disjointed offseason.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy made the right reads most of the night. Had a very nice completion % and was at 9+ yards/pass....but you think one bad pass is what we need to look at? He also was among the top QBs in all of football in 2018 when it came to accuracy, smarts and RZ play.

Isn't to say we know he can be that guy again and on a more consistent basis, but only time he hasn't been was with Freddie as coach and in week one against a SB favorite after a disjointed offseason.

You gotta look at the bigger picture, like I said he had a good night and only made one mistake but issues in the past with Baker is reading the defense and making quicker decisions. I pointed out that one play bc we saw it last week too. And that's the point...he's gotta be more consistent. Obviously, he went from playing the best defense to the worst defense so only two games. If Stefanski can keep going to Baker's strengths and continue to give a huge workload to Chubb and Hunt...it will only help Baker.

The fact we are only talking about one bad read by Baker is a great thing. I want him to improve, it's not to slight him just pointing out what he needs to improve on, new coach or not.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because Can't Get Right 0-2 Jackson is a RB and not a legit QB, I don't care what his stats say because unlike Baker, he's had everything stacked around him to be successful and still keeps laying an egg in the post....