• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the Browns draft capital looking like this year? I wouldn't put it past them to trade away Njoku.

They should trade him, they have Hooper and Bryant. Trade Sendejo for nothing lol.

1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, Possible 7

A lot of mid round picks

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bust for a #1 pick. He's a starting caliber QB, but not an elite one, and he won't be.
I think that's about it right here. Game changer? Nope. Decent starting QB? Probably.

Reactions: gob

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another QB drafting year for Cleveland? Sorta feels that way unless they want to keep dumping picks into the defense that still has a ton of talent that haven't panned out yet.

What about Wentz? Say the Eagles finish out with a terrible record and they decide to draft another QB (hey it's the Eagles). Wentz gets disgruntled and asks for a trade or the Eagles decide to shop him...in my mind, yes the injuries are a concern but he is still a stud QB. Just a thought. There just aren't many options in FA, drafting a QB if you are a playoff team is a crapshoot...gotta trade for one.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Wentz? Say the Eagles finish out with a terrible record and they decide to draft another QB (hey it's the Eagles). Wentz gets disgruntled and asks for a trade or the Eagles decide to shop him...in my mind, yes the injuries are a concern but he is still a stud QB. Just a thought. There just aren't many options in FA, drafting a QB if you are a playoff team is a crapshoot...gotta trade for one.
That's a great thought. Hadn't even considered Wentz. I think the general consensus on him though is that the Eagles are failing to build a team around him. Plus their O-line is in shambles this year. Something tells me the Eagles will give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe tag him?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns have a lot of money...the decision either this offseason to next will be: Pay Baker or go pay a QB in FA or a QB that is on a losing team that doesn't want to be there. If the missing piece is a QB, they have the money to pay one you better believe a QB will want to play on this talented team. Only time will tell.

FA QB's in 2021
Dak (could be)
Winston
Cam

Not a whole lot out there...even in 2022. Mahomes and Watson signed extensions.

This is an extremely deep QB draft class coming up. They won't be line to get Fields/Lawrence, but I'd take a guy like Trey Lance, Zach Wilson or Kyle Trask and try and roll with that for next season. I wouldn't give him the 5th year, draft a QB in round 1, roll with Baker next year, with the rookie backup, and maybe getting pushed will work for him, If not cut bait after 2021 and roll with the guy you drafted.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With as shitty as we are this year, who knows maybe we'll be in a position to get Fields/Lawrence. I certainly would if I'm the Eagles. I'd try and trade Wentz at that point. He's starting to wear out his welcome in Philly.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great thought. Hadn't even considered Wentz. I think the general consensus on him though is that the Eagles are failing to build a team around him. Plus their O-line is in shambles this year. Something tells me the Eagles will give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe tag him?

Wentz signed a long term deal. He's an Eagle until 2025 I think, unless we cut/trade him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a young defense.
Delpit out for season.
Mack Wilson was a late pick but only time will tell.
Ward is a stud.
Greedy is always injured so not sure how good he is really.
Not much LB core...I wanted them to get Simmons but pretty happy they went OL.

I say keep building up the defense and gaining assets. They will probably have to go trade for a QB if push comes to shove...having a stud, franchise QB is the key to long-term success and for every team it gives them that nice, warm feeling inside lol.
DBs... Delpit's return should bolster the back end. If he's as good as his college film indicates. Williams too if he can ever stay healthy. Kid has speed to run with anybody.

LB... I always forget that the Browns let Schobert walk this past offseason. He was such an underrated element to their defense. Seems like a pretty good investment here.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz signed a long term deal. He's an Eagle until 2025 I think, unless we cut/trade him.
That's right. :doh: Not sure why I was thinkin he was in a contract year.

Well if he demands a trade then that could certainly make for an interesting offseason.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you compare his play to what the hype surrounding him was, yes, he's a bust. But I think he will get better. But right now, he is a certified bust.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure he already signed a long-term contract extension but just a thought. I don't think he is going anywhere and I agree, they just need to build around him and get him a reliable OL.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With as shitty as we are this year, who knows maybe we'll be in a position to get Fields/Lawrence. I certainly would if I'm the Eagles. I'd try and trade Wentz at that point. He's starting to wear out his welcome in Philly.

yeah that's the ONLY reason I mentioned it. If they can get Fields than who knows but I still don't expect him to anywhere. Who knows though these days.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said this Sunday, he missed a couple wide open throws that seemed TOO EASY but then he throw a couple of balls to Landry that if he placed it an inch to the right or left it would have been incomplete. They are winning but would just like to see a little more consistency and he even said it after the game, "I need to be better".

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Baker is really nothing more than a game manager, wouldn't he be considered a bust as the #1 overall pick?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Baker is really nothing more than a game manager, wouldn't he be considered a bust as the #1 overall pick?
That really depends on a lot of factors. I mean even if he turns out to be a "game manager"...what if leads the Browns to the playoffs or even a Super Bowl in the future? People will say it doesn't have a lot to do with him but he is still the QB. Leading the Browns to 8 wins so far is pretty remarkable. They seem to have the best running game but an overall pretty bad defense, one of the best OL's. Just a lot of factors bc #1 picks usually don't work out.

If you think about it this way he could already be labeled a success SO FAR in his career just bc it's the Browns.

20-76 through 2012-2017, 96 games total
21-20 through 41 games with Baker starting

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many busts have set a rookie passing record? Not much of a fan of Mayfield's (don't care for his attitude) but he's in his third year. On his forth coach (Jackson, Williams, Kitchens, Stephanski). And third offensive sysytem. That's not good for any QB.

His decision making at times drives me crazy though. Had 3 or 4 really bad throws against the Jags last weekend. The best thing he has going for him is he can rely on a productive running game.

I don't think he a bust. When I hear that word I think of QB's like Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, Tim Couch (dumbass Browns start a rookie QB their 1st year back- great decision!) & David Carr.