• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is 2011 and 2012 Wade the best teammate LeBron's ever played with?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know in the playoffs the game slow up.....Just ask the Clippers.

That run and gun style is all great for the regular season but good luck getting out on the break often in the playoffs.

I mean- I am assuming you watched the Spurs use the fastbreak to absolutely wreck you guys...

and its not that you need to exclusively be a fastbreak team- you just need to be able to take advantage of turnovers and get easy buckets here and there so you are not always grinding it out in the halfcourt and getting LeBron beat up and sent to the line.

and the Heat did not have the guys that could push the ball or the athletes that could run the floor to get any kind of easy baskets- and take advantage of LEbron's talents as possibly the biggest fastbreak force this game has right now- and one of the greatest fastbreak players in the history of the entire game

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Heat defensive numbers with Wade in the lineup were night and day. LBJ had a terrible year on defense also.....Let's not ignore that fact.

Cole wrecks havoc on defense all the time
Yep..Cole shut down Stephenson and played pretty tough on others during the post season. His offense was lacking and so was Chalmers but I think that had to do with the dynamic of having Wade, Lebron and Lewis in the line up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat defensive numbers with Wade in the lineup were night and day. LBJ had a terrible year on defense also.....Let's not ignore that fact.

Cole wrecks havoc on defense all the time

Norris Cole had a negative steal to assist ration....under one steal a game and about 1.5 turnovers a game....and other teams PG's absolutely lit up the Heat all the time.

There are so many good PG's that can light it up in the NBA right now- and when they dont have to respect the other teams PG offensively its like they a shark that smells blood- and that happened all the time....i mean - do i have to go back and get some box scores?

and- this being said- the Heat were an absolutely outstanding team- anyteam with Lebron is going to be- I am merely telling you that LeBron had to carry way too much of the load for the reasons that I have said

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If steals is your way of judging who is a good/bad defender........

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we shall see this year just how good of a defender he is without LeBron there to bail him out....

it should be interesting to see....

Like I said-

I personally cannot wait to see LeBron get back to actually playing a wide open game with athletes around him and be able to play passing lanes and get chase-downs and push the ball instead of being relegated to pounding the ball into the floor in the half court and getting beat up because he is the only one that can take contact ....and i say that by meaning- i know unlike Bosh that Dwade is not afraid of contact- not in the slightest- he just cant go to the rack like he used to- so LeBron was the only threat to do so and would get absolutely beat on

thats not gonna happen in Cleveland, Kyrie and Dion can also get to the rack and draw fouls

and- about Kyrie- the guy has never had a serious injury in his life- and- if the Cavs were actually in it- and not tanking for high picks his first couple years- he plays a lot of those games....plus- the kid came into the league a slender 19 year old - and finally has put on some muscle and has physically matured-

im not worried in the sligthest for him getting hurt--- all though- like Dwade---- when Kyrie gets into his 30's he probably will have a lot of wear and tear on him with how he gets to the basket--- BUT- unlike Dwade- Kyrie is an absolutely amazing outside shooter which helps preserve his body-- Wade worked his way into becoming a solid 3 pt shooter- but right off the bat Kyrie is money from outside

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But James never had bigs / prime bigs like a Kareem, Parrish, Moses, Shaq, Hakeem, Garnett

or a PF like Duncan, Dirk, Karl, McHale

or a PG like Nash, Magic, Stockton, CP3, Big O

Many great players played with a combination of the above in their starting line-ups for multiple years, plus had great coaches too.

James got Wade and a Bosh in his 8th season but still had to carry the load.

Dwade is a top 5 SG of all time and you complaining James didn't have HOFs at the C and PG spots when many teams won without mutiple HOFs.

Tim Duncan had Robinson on his 1st ring but 4 others without any future HOFs.
The 2005 Pistons didn't without any HOFs.
Dirk was the only HOF on the Mavs.

Lebron should be happy he had a chance to play with Wade (and Wade should be happy he played with James) or he wouldn't have the two rings he has.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I felt like it(which I really don't at the time)....I'd love to revisit the threads in which the Heat were talked about PRIOR to this year's Finals. The team was the greatest thing since sliced bread according to most

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Francis never had a teammate better than Kelvin Cato.

Steve Francis = GOAT

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Francis never had a teammate better than Kelvin Cato.

Steve Francis = GOAT
Duncan, Paker, Ginobli and Popovich been together since 2002-03 season.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and lastly, I'd go with Iverson as my player that won with the least. Not sure how much the most with least argument matters in the grand scheme of comparing players legacies however

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I felt like it(which I really don't at the time)....I'd love to revisit the threads in which the Heat were talked about PRIOR to this year's Finals. The team was the greatest thing since sliced bread according to most
You won't find any posts from me suggesting that.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't downgraded. Just because you play like shit doesn't mean you were downgraded to 2nd fiddle.
People say that James held Wade and Bosh back. He didn't do that in 2011, though. That's when it was still D-Wade's team. James gave up the rock and tried to let the other 2 shine on the offensive end.

The result was a Finals loss.

Before the following season....... Wade gave LeBron the nod to take over the team and be first offensive option. That resulted into back to back titles and a 3rd straight Finals appearance.

It's not a coincidence.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People say that James held Wade and Bosh back. He didn't do that in 2011, though. That's when it was still D-Wade's team. James gave up the rock and tried to let the other 2 shine on the offensive end.

The result was a Finals loss.

Before the following season....... Wade gave LeBron the nod to take over the team and be first offensive option. That resulted into back to back titles and a 3rd straight Finals appearance.

It's not a coincidence.

He didn't give up the rock. He played scared. Stop with the BS excuses. He played just fine in the first 3 rounds and he sucked in the finals.....SIMPLE AS THAT

Get the hell out of here with these lame excuses.

He played scared and wasn't ready for the moment in the finals

Wade was never the first option with Lebron. It was always a 1A/1B situation until the last 2 years.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense was being ran to Lebron and he deferred and played scared.

You would have a point if he played that way all playoffs but he did not.

He avg 19 shots in the ECF, 21 shots in the 2nd round, and 16 in the first round
Wade avg 16 shots in the ECF, 19 in the 2nd round, and 18 in the first round
Bosh avg 14 shots in the ECF, 10 in the 2nd round, and 15 in the first round

Pretty obvious Lebron was the #1 option leading up to the finals and magically after 97 games in the regular season & playoffs, Spo decided to make Wade the 1st option in the finals and turn Lebron into the 2nd option. How stupid are you?

He played like a bitch in the finals that wasn't ready for the moment. No need to make up all these lame excuses.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh & Wade saw he was playing like a bitch in the finals so they realized that they needed to take the initiative and be aggressive

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't give up the rock. He played scared. Stop with the BS excuses. He played just fine in the first 3 rounds and he sucked in the finals.....SIMPLE AS THAT

Get the hell out of here with these lame excuses.

He played scared and wasn't ready for the moment in the finals

Wade was never the first option with Lebron. It was always a 1A/1B situation until the last 2 years.

Sorry man, but you're being delusional.
He played like a guy who hasn't been asked to take a backseat since, forever.

Did or did not Wade say to the media it was now LeBron's team the upcoming 2011-12 season?

These aren't excuses, they are facts.

What happen when James was relegated to 1st option in the 2012 Finals. You know.....when Wade and Bosh took a backseat unlike they did then year before??

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sorry man, but you're being delusional.
He played like a guy who hasn't been asked to take a backseat since, forever.

Did or did not Wade say to the media it was now LeBron's team the upcoming 2011-12 season?

These aren't excuses, they are facts.

What happen when James was relegated to 1st option in the 2012 Finals. You know.....when Wade and Bosh took a backseat unlike they did then year before??
8 points in 46 minutes in a finals game in 2011 by James. He froze. Read Windhorst's article about James' and his mind. 2011 Finals were a mental block by James. He was guarded one on one by Berea....think about it....Berea....let that marinate again....berea.