• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Irresponsible rumor mill

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of our offensive problems stem from recruiting failures that plagued Bo's first year..

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of our offensive problems stem from recruiting failures that plagued Bo's first year..

I don't think there is a black and white answer....

ooops... maybe there is...... for some people..... LOL

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he showed any promise I would back him but he hasn't he can't make adjustments according to defenses or personell.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is a black and white answer....

ooops... maybe there is...... for some people..... LOL

no, there really isn't

we lack depth in some key areas and players have to play hurt. It's starting to catch up though, and the talent is coming in.

This is still Bo's first head coaching job, and I think some of it he has to learn on the fly. We're starting to see the payoffs though, whether some people want to admit it or not..

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to let you all know, there is a rumor that is hitting the interweb right now about Bo Pelini getting permission from TO to apply for the Miami Head Coaching position...........most of you probably just plain know better than to believe this, but allow me to reassure you (before it even hits this board) it is a false rumor.

LMAO I thought this was a joke.. people are starting to ask me about this....

:L:L:L

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson's 'career' numbers aren't even average for a middle of the pack non AQ team. I'd give Watson the opportunity through the bowls to find a HC job somewhere. If someone doesn't have the confidence in him to pick him up, then I'd have to let him go the difficult way.
I also would give Frosty the opportunity to get his NC ring at Oregon, then make him the same offer that Pelini got when he came to Nebraska in 2003. A first time coordinator position.

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Watson's 'career' numbers aren't even average for a middle of the pack non AQ team. I'd give Watson the opportunity through the bowls to find a HC job somewhere. If someone doesn't have the confidence in him to pick him up, then I'd have to let him go the difficult way.
I also would give Frosty the opportunity to get his NC ring at Oregon, then make him the same offer that Pelini got when he came to Nebraska in 2003. A first time coordinator position.

Ballsy pick on frosty but I like it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballsy pick on frosty but I like it.

The way I see it, Solich gambled on Pelini back in 2003 on the reference of Monte Kiffin. Bo had never been a D coordinator before.

Sporting News magazine has Frosty as one of the top 5 up and coming offensive coordinators to be. Being a Wood River, NE native, you know he'll give 110% if given the opportunity. Frosty knows the discipline, attention to detail, and hard work required to win championships.

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The way I see it, Solich gambled on Pelini back in 2003 on the reference of Monte Kiffin. Bo had never been a D coordinator before.

Sporting News magazine has Frosty as one of the top 5 up and coming offensive coordinators to be. Being a Wood River, NE native, you know he'll give 110% if given the opportunity. Frosty knows the discipline, attention to detail, and hard work required to win championships.

I see reference to that sporting news article. DO you have a link?

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost has next to no experience.. nowhere close to what Bo had when Solich "took a risk"

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Recruiting failures has nothing to do with Bo refusing to bench a player who couldn't handle the pressure. Being injured is no excuse for not throwing the ball away 4 or 5 times out of Taylor's seven sacks.

Lee did a great job of protecting the ball against OU in 2009 when Green couldn't handle the pressure. HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THERE THE LAST HALF OF THAT GAME!!!

A Fiesta Bowl bid sure sounds better than the toilet bowl we're in now!

Last edited by a moderator:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see how Frost could be worse than what we have now. I'm 100% sure he would be better.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost has next to no experience.. nowhere close to what Bo had when Solich "took a risk"

Bo Pelini had 16 years as a post high school player and position coach when given his first DC opportunity at Nebraska.

Scott Frost has 17 years post high school player and position coach including 2 seasons under Chip Kelly learning the zone read option.

If the zone read option is what Bo truly wants to operate, I'd say Frost knows as much if not more than Watson knows about it.

Watson spent 1 week at Oregon learning about it over the summer. It's not his forte and he's a noob..

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have said he's a nob

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, now Miami media outlets are reporting that Bo has been granted permission to talk to Miami...