• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Iowa vs Michigan 8:00 PM EST ABC

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Louisville
5. Michigan
6. Wisconsin
7. Washington

That's my prediction come Tuesday.

Clemson has looked bad in like 3 or 4 games now. I would have below the Huskies at 7.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Harbaugh looked like Jim Caldwell today.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 445.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have some really bad news for Michigan fans... your coaching staff got schooled by Iowa's...which in essence means Harbaugh was out-coached by Ferentz... that's got to sting... Getting beat by a better team is one thing, but this has to be irritating as hell

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who Scott Wolf will put at #1.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have some really bad news for Michigan fans... your coaching staff got schooled by Iowa's...which in essence means Harbaugh was out-coached by Ferentz... that's got to sting... Getting beat by a better team is one thing, but this has to be irritating as hell
We got out flopped by their punter too. Speight missed like 4 open Touchdowns.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What did coaching have to do with last night's game? Iowa had the better play in the trenches and Wilton Speight missed at least 3 or 4 deep balls where the WR had a TD if he doesn't overthrow or under throw them.

The OL and DL play by Iowa was the difference though. That is exactly why I put up a thread to congratulate them. It wasn't a cheap win by any means, last night, they played better in the trenches than UM.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After averaging 6 losses for 7 years, Alot of anger for winning 19 of the 1st 22 games and still controlling your own destiny. How quickly this shit is owed to you.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Harbaugh looked like Jim Caldwell today.
Yeah, I just don't get it. Why let Iowa run out the clock while we sat there with our final time out? More importantly, why give the ball to Smith who was averaging less than 2.5 yards per carry in that game (like many other games) when we needed to run out the clock? Especially when Evans was averaging 6.5? I just don't get it. Why does smith continue to get carries? IMO we win that game if Evans is the primary running back.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Iowa fans. I've felt all year that MI was over achieving a bit. We have the right coach, still figuring out the roster. We will lose to tOSU too. I think beginning next year is when Harbaugh's influence on the roster starts showing up.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things I took away from last night...

* I am sure Iowa is going to be very hated by Michigan. Iowa should not have won this game, and probably 5 of the last 6.

* Akrum Wadley should be B1G Offensive Player of the Week. Not only did he do good. He made Heisman Candidate look bad, and Peppers not even blocked.

* Iowa's passing is just horrible. Either Iowa's OL couldn't block, Beathard took too long to throw, he couldn't hit the target, or the receivers just couldn't catch the pass. Now, a lot of that is credit to Michigan pass defense and pass rush.

* How would you like to be Duncan? True freshman kicker and being told to kick the game winning field goal against #3 team in the country.

* As close as it was, Iowa did miss a field goal that should be a chip shot for most CFB kickers and the wide receiver dropped a wide open 2-pt conversion.

* Desmond King went from a horrible Penn State game to doing amazing vs Michigan.

* I would have rushed the field, but I was 51 rows up. I do have this...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After averaging 6 losses for 7 years, Alot of anger for winning 19 of the 1st 22 games and still controlling your own destiny. How quickly this shit is owed to you.

Don't lump everyone in. I don't think anything is owed to UM. Iowa simply outplayed UM on the OL and DL. That was the difference in the game, other than Speight being inaccurate on the deep balls he had been hitting all year.

This is honestly the Speight I thought I'd see much of this year. UM's defense played good enough to win. Our offense was terrible though. If u have team controlling the line of scrimmage and a QB missing wide open receivers -- you are lucky it even came down to a last second FG. It could have been much worse.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like someone tripped on their way to the playoffs. Somebody should tell Harbaugh that its not easy to keep focus of top rated players week in and out and sleeping at their house, becoming their buddy is not the way. I can say this, if they couldny handle Iowa, well i think we know whats coming next.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things I took away from last night...

* I am sure Iowa is going to be very hated by Michigan. Iowa should not have won this game, and probably 5 of the last 6.

* Akrum Wadley should be B1G Offensive Player of the Week. Not only did he do good. He made Heisman Candidate look bad, and Peppers not even blocked.

* Iowa's passing is just horrible. Either Iowa's OL couldn't block, Beathard took too long to throw, he couldn't hit the target, or the receivers just couldn't catch the pass. Now, a lot of that is credit to Michigan pass defense and pass rush.

* How would you like to be Duncan? True freshman kicker and being told to kick the game winning field goal against #3 team in the country.

* As close as it was, Iowa did miss a field goal that should be a chip shot for most CFB kickers and the wide receiver dropped a wide open 2-pt conversion.

* Desmond King went from a horrible Penn State game to doing amazing vs Michigan.

* I would have rushed the field, but I was 51 rows up. I do have this...

A 46 yard field goal is not a chip shot for NFL kickers.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like someone tripped on their way to the playoffs. Somebody should tell Harbaugh that its not easy to keep focus of top rated players week in and out and sleeping at their house, becoming their buddy is not the way. I can say this, if they couldny handle Iowa, well i think we know whats coming next.
Yeah, it'd be kind of like losing to Va Tech two years ago, any team that does that has no hope.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 46 yard field goal is not a chip shot for NFL kickers.

Was it that far? It looked closer, but I was seeing the kicker between the uprights, so distance my sense of how far might have been off.