• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Tweet regarding UNC

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the posters on packpride, one of the numbers that shows up on Blake's cell phone log is a business in Chapel Hill called University Massage. They say the place has been rumored as a house of prostitution for 30 years there (they even linked a couple of newspaper articles about it). Anyway, their posters claim Blake used this for "recruiting services." Should be interesting to see if the media picks up on this and this turns into UNC's version of Ohio State's tattoo parlor.

I'm sure it was just a place that he was spending his extra 31,000 in agent salary. I mean... look at him... a guy like this has to pay.
johnblake.jpg

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh, now their posters are backtracking on the University Massage number. They are still looking though (apparently the document is about 400 pages long).

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey fellas...go back to page 6 of this thread and you will recall the name "jabrone"...i informed a fellow twitterer about this site and he has been checking it out recently....FWIW he told me this morning that IT IS Landon Turner's stepdad! has the same "jabrone" account on rivals and scouts! no wonder hes defending the hell out of Landon and his parents...

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fellas...go back to page 6 of this thread and you will recall the name "jabrone"...i informed a fellow twitterer about this site and he has been checking it out recently....FWIW he told me this morning that IT IS Landon Turner's stepdad! has the same "jabrone" account on rivals and scouts! no wonder hes defending the hell out of Landon and his parents...

Based on the conversation that ensued, I figured that was probably the case.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Figured as much but did not want to say anything about it with no confirmation.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well. Landon wanted to play at UNC and now he is. As I have stated before, they can have theirs, we will take ours and see you all on Sarurdays in the fall.

Go play well and represent the state.

His teammate is going to be a sleeper stud here at Tech and I am excited about having him with us.

Go Hokies!!

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I haven't bought into this Daddy Turner rumor, but it is hilarious if its actually him. It is odd that some seemingly random dude would stumble upon this board, this thread and this particular post, create an account, respond to only the post in question with that much conviction, not provide even a hint on how he knows, and leaves without any interest in any other topic on SportsHoopla. Oh the joys of the internet!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I haven't bought into this Daddy Turner rumor, but it is hilarious if its actually him. It is odd that some seemingly random dude would stumble upon this board, this thread and this particular post, create an account, respond to only the post in question with that much conviction, not provide even a hint on how he knows, and leaves without any interest in any other topic on SportsHoopla. Oh the joys of the internet!

Actually the more content that gets added here the more likely it is that someone "stumbles" across this board. FWIW i often get links to this board when searching for recruits and even the UNC info. Who cares if its the guys dad, he's not a hokie, not going to be a hokie, so i say we treat him with the same blatant disreguard as any other rival poster. <------in other words F_ck him!

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the more content that gets added here the more likely it is that someone "stumbles" across this board. FWIW i often get links to this board when searching for recruits and even the UNC info. Who cares if its the guys dad, he's not a hokie, not going to be a hokie, so i say we treat him with the same blatant disreguard as any other rival poster. <------in other words F_ck him!

Yup, I found this site in the first place just by a simple google search. Searched "Virginia Tech Darius Hamilton" because i wanted to find out more about him and this forum popped up. Quite a good find I have to say.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Speaking of Blake's cell phone log, here's the link to the PDF file released recently:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...NGExNi00ZmE2LTkyODgtNzdmZGFmMmE5N2Vm&hl=en_US

Maybe I'm not reading this correctly, but the file only covers the following dates (I searched the PDF file using the word "monthly"):

12/23/2008-1/22/2009
1/23/2009-2/22/2009
2/23/2009-3/22/2009

Only three months? Why?? What phone, or phones, was Blake using the remainder of the time he was employed by UNC?

FYI: The following phone number was listed on another site as Butch Davis' cell phone: 216-410-5183. That number popped up a total of 26 times in the three months noted in the file linked above. I doubt seriously they were just social calls. Looks like Butch is going to have to cough up the records for his 216 phone pretty soon.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wonder if they will pull the text messages (or if that is even possible) those may be as/more damning than anything. FWIW if/when they do request butch phone records im betting that things get even worse for UnC.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the fact that greg little drove nine different cars raises some major flags. i really am looking forward to seeing how they defend this

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If "jabrone" is Landon Turner's STEP-FATHER, then he is 100% correct. He personally was never offered a job in Chapel Hill, and would know very little of what UNC did to recruit Landon to that school. But, it's a completely different story with Landon's BIOLOGICAL father.

Before I get started on the rumor, here's some background information on West Turner, Landon Turner's BIOLOGICAL father:

"Always a Mountaineer - West Turner: Father of o-line prospect Landon Turner had his own ups and downs at WVU" Always a Mountaineer - West Turner: Father of o-line prospect Landon Turner had his own ups and downs at WVU - WVU Football Top Story - WVillustrated.com

Okay, on to the the rumor. During the summer following his junior year in high school in Harrisonburg, VA, Landon visited his biological father in Aiken, SC. At that time, West Turner was the Safety Manager at Parsons Corporation in Aikens, SC. While Landon was visiting his father, they apparently discussed his recruitment by UNC, VT, and WVU. Based on West's experiences at WVU, I doubt that school was ever seriously in the conversation. So, Landon's decision was down to two schools.

Landon's current position coach at UNC is Sam Pittman, a coach who was the offensive line coach under John Blake at Oklahoma from 1996-98. He was also the coach who was responsible for recruiting Landon to UNC with the able assistance of John Blake. Let's just say that Blake taught Pittman everything he knows.

Now, let's discuss the rumor in more detail. As the story goes, West Turner was offered a job in Chapel Hill at some point during the summer at a considerable increase over his job with the Parsons Corporation. But it was conditional on West delivering Landon to UNC. Again, according to the way the story is told, West officially accepted the new position a couple of days before Landon officially announced he was going to play for UNC. I have no reason to doubt my personal sources on this story.

Additionally, Landon's family in Harrisonburg was very much in favor of Landon choosing Tech, but they lost control of the discussion when Landon visited his biological father for the entire summer following his junior year. Once Landon made the decision for UNC, Tech continued to recruit Landon throughout his senior year with the support of his family in Harrisonburg. Despite all of the negative stories about the UNC football program that year, Landon stuck to his decision and signed his LOI with UNC. Just my opinion, but UNC flat-out lied to him about the NCAA investigation, telling him that it would blow over and nothing would come of it. I wonder what Landon's thinking now?

One final note: according to everything I can find online, West Turner may still own a house in Aiken, SC, and his family may still live there. But, when I called the Parson Corporation's main number today and tried to find West Turner in the automated directory, he is not listed...in fact there is nobody by the last name of Turner in Parson's directory.

So, is the rumor true or false? I'm leaning heavily toward the rumor being true, but you guys are free to make up your own minds.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If "jabrone" is Landon Turner's STEP-FATHER, then he is 100% correct. He personally was never offered a job in Chapel Hill, and would know very little of what UNC did to recruit Landon to that school. But, it's a completely different story with Landon's BIOLOGICAL father.

Before I get started on the rumor, here's some background information on West Turner, Landon Turner's BIOLOGICAL father:

"Always a Mountaineer - West Turner: Father of o-line prospect Landon Turner had his own ups and downs at WVU" Always a Mountaineer - West Turner: Father of o-line prospect Landon Turner had his own ups and downs at WVU - WVU Football Top Story - WVillustrated.com

Okay, on to the the rumor. During the summer following his junior year in high school in Harrisonburg, VA, Landon visited his biological father in Aiken, SC. At that time, West Turner was the Safety Manager at Parsons Corporation in Aikens, SC. While Landon was visiting his father, they apparently discussed his recruitment by UNC, VT, and WVU. Based on West's experiences at WVU, I doubt that school was ever seriously in the conversation. So, Landon's decision was down to two schools.

Landon's current position coach at UNC is Sam Pittman, a coach who was the offensive line coach under John Blake at Oklahoma from 1996-98. He was also the coach who was responsible for recruiting Landon to UNC with the able assistance of John Blake. Let's just say that Blake taught Pittman everything he knows.

Now, let's discuss the rumor in more detail. As the story goes, West Turner was offered a job in Chapel Hill at some point during the summer at a considerable increase over his job with the Parsons Corporation. But it was conditional on West delivering Landon to UNC. Again, according to the way the story is told, West officially accepted the new position a couple of days before Landon officially announced he was going to play for UNC. I have no reason to doubt my personal sources on this story.

Additionally, Landon's family in Harrisonburg was very much in favor of Landon choosing Tech, but they lost control of the discussion when Landon visited his biological father for the entire summer following his junior year. Once Landon made the decision for UNC, Tech continued to recruit Landon throughout his senior year with the support of his family in Harrisonburg. Despite all of the negative stories about the UNC football program that year, Landon stuck to his decision and signed his LOI with UNC. Just my opinion, but UNC flat-out lied to him about the NCAA investigation, telling him that it would blow over and nothing would come of it. I wonder what Landon's thinking now?

One final note: according to everything I can find online, West Turner may still own a house in Aiken, SC, and his family may still live there. But, when I called the Parson Corporation's main number today and tried to find West Turner in the automated directory, he is not listed...in fact there is nobody by the last name of Turner in Parson's directory.

So, is the rumor true or false? I'm leaning heavily toward the rumor being true, but you guys are free to make up your own minds.

WOW! i had always heard the rumors but never the story behind it. REP!