• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Tweet regarding UNC

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost got physically ill when I read this...

Facts Optional in UNC Investigation? CBS Charlotte

QUOTE:

"With the turmoil surrounding the Tar Heel football program, there have been countless incidents of misinformation or ill-informed opinions flowing from message boards and various media sources, but my cumulative dismay paled in comparison to the pain I felt when reading two recent SI pieces on the NCAA’s Notice of Allegations (NOA) to UNC. When Stewart Mandel wrote a reaction piece to the NOA, I dismissed some errors as product of the quick turnaround, but when Andy Staples weighed in this week and declared the ‘NCAA should hammer the Heels’ but supported his argument with inaccuracies and sensationalized generalizations something had to be said."

How delusional do you have to be to actually write something like this and then attach your name to it??

What a dumb POS. My favorite part is how he discounts all the facts from the SI article by supplying skewed information that does nothing but prove how naive he is. I guess he wanted the future of his writing career to mirror that of UNC's football program

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a dumb POS. My favorite part is how he discounts all the facts from the SI article by supplying skewed information that does nothing but prove how naive he is. I guess he wanted the future of his writing career to mirror that of UNC's football program

Haha, yes, I guess he wants a tutor to do his work for him while he gets hit up with an endless supply of bling.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's why I am glad the SIs and Charles Robinsons of the world exist to expose UNC for what they've done and hold them to the fire for it. About 99 percent of the North Carolina-based media seems to be on the Heels' payroll. It's actually kind of sad to think what kind of dirt could have been dug up by now if someone down there did their job. With the exception of just a couple like J.P. Giglio, the rest of the media has their collective heads in the sand as much as the Tar Heel faithful.

That's pretty much what I got from that piece. Local media is typically either all sunshine or all doom and gloom with respect to their teams/schools. In this case, the author of that Charlotte article is buying Costco-sized UNC Kool-aid. It's a sad indictment on regional sports journalism. I am also glad that the national staples (yea that one is intended) are willing to investigate and report unbiased on these major issues. It's in their best interest to break the story and bust out facts, and alternatively, there's little incentive to protect or attack any individual program. These guys are up to date or even ahead of the NCAA on these issues and IMO they're usually pretty close to reality.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the "insiders" at packpride saying UNC has violated another of the 9 major infractions recently. Have no clue as it is vague, but, wow, it just seems to never stop.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Excellent article on the UNC investigation:

Lenox Rawlings: UNC's handling of NCAA investigation should be revealing | JournalNow.com

QUOTE:

"The prospects for a cleansing procedural bath dimmed considerably when the June 21 indictment landed like an iron-filled football: academic fraud involving an athletics department tutor; ineligible players; an agent's representative, John Blake, operating as coach Butch Davis' right-hand man for $240,000 a year; a former player deemed an agent by the NCAA (and kicked off the team by the previous coach) given access to player training facilities; associate head coach Blake and a player lying to investigators; players accepting jewelry and trips worth $27,000 from agents and others; a broad failure to adequately monitor the program.

Questions remain, some that might lead nowhere and some that might unravel other secrets. If the tutor gave several players a total of $1,789 to pay off parking tickets, as the NCAA contends, was she repaid or reimbursed in some way?

How did one player get parking tickets in cars with nine different license plates?

How could Davis, who hired the same tutor to help his teenage son, claim ignorance of everything amiss while maintaining a firm grip on the program and working so closely with Blake (who was also the recruiting coordinator)?"

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Interesting that now Michael McAdoo, former North Carolina football player, is filing suit with the University of North Carolina and the NCAA regarding his declaration of permanently ineligibility. I wonder if this will bring open the door for more information coming public from the investigation. It certainly throws a new twist in the mix.

Ex-UNC player files lawsuit against school, NCAA - WRALSportsFan.com

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that now Michael McAdoo, former North Carolina football player, is filing suit with the University of North Carolina and the NCAA regarding his declaration of permanently ineligibility. I wonder if this will bring open the door for more information coming public from the investigation. It certainly throws a new twist in the mix.

I was just about to post this on here. Good ole McAdoo. I guess this can only be a good thing since it revives the tutor investigation.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't surprise me if McAdoo all of a sudden became much richer and dropped the suit. Just sayin

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dont have a link but there is a conversation on the ESPN main board about how Lyles(sp?) (the guy that basically just told on oregon) is suggesting that he has some info on LSU. Im guessing that since this guy is broke he is prob waiting for an offer for the story. With connections to OR,TX,OK,LSU, and who knows who else, this guy could single handedly change the landscape of CFB.

Do any of you guys have any info or heard anything recently on the bombshell that some writer is going to drop this summer??? FWIW there has been a lot of chatter about this being ND.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJC College Sports Recruiting
Georgia DE would likely be committed to North Carolina if not for NCAA investigation

“Yes, I almost committed when I went up there for a visit but I didn’t want it to be a spur-of-moment thing,” Rankins told the AJC on Monday night. “I decided to wait a few days until I could get back home and think about it. When I got back, I heard all the talk about the NCAA sanctions and that has kind of delayed everything.”

Despite all the bad news, Rankins said that North Carolina remains his leader out of 20 early scholarship offers, which also includes Stanford, Ole Miss, South Florida, N.C. State, Duke, Mississippi State, Louisville and Kentucky.

"Even with all the sanction talk at North Carolina, I’m pretty confident that I know what’s going on up there — North Carolina has been my leader, and they still are my leader; South Florida is right behind them,” Rankins said.

“I talk to the North Carolina coaches. They feel pretty confident about the outcome. I’ve done my own research. From what I hear, the coaching staff should remain intact. At the most, it should be a few scholarships lost and a one-year ban from a bowl game. Other than that, I’m pretty confident what I will hear later this year will be good. But you never know what can happen with the NCAA. So I’m going to wait to see what happens.”

Rankins said North Carolina coach Butch Davis has had an upbeat attitude during their conversations. “Coach Davis feels like the coaching staff will remain intact, that North Carolina will get the players they need, that they are on the rise in the ACC, and that they are going to have a good season this year.”

“It’s important to me that Coach Davis is still the coach. I really like him as a person and a coach. If he was forced out, I would see who the new coach is there and go from there.”

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJC College Sports Recruiting
Georgia DE would likely be committed to North Carolina if not for NCAA investigation

“Yes, I almost committed when I went up there for a visit but I didn’t want it to be a spur-of-moment thing,” Rankins told the AJC on Monday night. “I decided to wait a few days until I could get back home and think about it. When I got back, I heard all the talk about the NCAA sanctions and that has kind of delayed everything.”

Despite all the bad news, Rankins said that North Carolina remains his leader out of 20 early scholarship offers, which also includes Stanford, Ole Miss, South Florida, N.C. State, Duke, Mississippi State, Louisville and Kentucky.

"Even with all the sanction talk at North Carolina, I’m pretty confident that I know what’s going on up there — North Carolina has been my leader, and they still are my leader; South Florida is right behind them,” Rankins said.

“I talk to the North Carolina coaches. They feel pretty confident about the outcome. I’ve done my own research. From what I hear, the coaching staff should remain intact. At the most, it should be a few scholarships lost and a one-year ban from a bowl game. Other than that, I’m pretty confident what I will hear later this year will be good. But you never know what can happen with the NCAA. So I’m going to wait to see what happens.”

Rankins said North Carolina coach Butch Davis has had an upbeat attitude during their conversations. “Coach Davis feels like the coaching staff will remain intact, that North Carolina will get the players they need, that they are on the rise in the ACC, and that they are going to have a good season this year.”

“It’s important to me that Coach Davis is still the coach. I really like him as a person and a coach. If he was forced out, I would see who the new coach is there and go from there.”

Butch Davis can spin anything....damn kid, open your eyes!!!!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Guess who Oregon has hired to represent them in their NCAA investigation?

Bond Schoeneck & King PLLC, the same guys UNC hired.

You don't hire those guys unless you know you're in a fair amount of trouble.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you sift through packpride you can find the paper McAdoo got busted for. But for everyone's conveniance, here it is. Kind of hilarious how much of this was straight copy and pasted. Also gotta love the title of this document

http://www.redwolfsolutions.com/sam/mcacheat.pdf

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you sift through packpride you can find the paper McAdoo got busted for. But for everyone's conveniance, here it is. Kind of hilarious how much of this was straight copy and pasted. Also gotta love the title of this document

Speaking of packpride, Hokies love that place. Don't believe me, just ask Cody Grimm. LOL

I10349-2004Sep09

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The History.. have to say.. that's a really catchy title.

I love how he clearly tried to somewhat not plagiarize in the first few paragraphs by changing a few words and adding a sentence or two. Then he just says, "screw it," and copies and pastes whole paragraphs to finish the paper. :doh:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3