• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Thoughts On AP

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, if the Vikes management are foolish enough (if AP has told them that he wants out and will not be a happy camper if not traded, and this is not just all about him getting more guaranteed money from them), to hold onto to him and expect greater results in their running game again, and with the progression of Bridgewater, not to mention more team distractions and a media circus heading into season, then so be it. Let them deal with that reality when it comes, but if AP is a man of his word and will cause them to pay a price for making him play for a team he doesn't want to be with, they will have only made themselves look like the fools for passing on his trade value when they had they had the chance to optimize it (before/during the draft), and will he only force them to deal him later...only now at a significantly reduced trading price I'm sure.

It's all just about what AP really wants here imo. As far as the draft goes and no AP trade happening, I'm good with it as long as they can hit on a franchise type back in the 2nd round round of this draft (with Gurley and Gorden gone), that can produce right away (in pass protection and being their workhorse back) lol. Their team identity depends on this. Otherwise, it will be just another long season for Tony Romo and Company. I actually want to see Romo win a championship now, but if cap hits and being "financially prudent" is all what this team is about now, they are living in cap salary dream.

we will know by Saturday morning my bet he will still be a Viking, at least for 2015

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My timeline beliefs is I don't think Romo nor AP can play in 2018 period, and won't be surprised if their careers are done sooner. RB's rarely play in their 30's and Romo's back has taken a beating. Physically I don't see them in uniform much longer.

I'm not sure of Romos 2016 and/or 17 cap numbers but we could be cap wise responsible for that money with him no longer playing.
Once May 12th 2015 gets here the danger is pretty much over. There will still be $31,935,000 of dead money outstanding but $12,335.000 is scheduled to count next year regardless. If Romo is here next year his cap figure is scheduled to be $20,835,000.

If the absolute worst happens and he retires before May 12th 2016 the Cowboys won't have a QB and they'll have $11,100,000 less 2016 cap space than they were anticipating.

On the flipside that's everything accelerated into 2016. The Cowboys could push other player's cap hits back to compensate for Romo's dead money moving forward. Again, this is the absolute worst case scenario. More likely is the team will ask Romo not to retire before May 12th 2016, even if he has no chance of playing, so that the $19,600,000 outstanding dead money doesn't accelerate into 2016, (no reason for Romo to refuse this). That would leave the Cowboys with no QB in 2016 but $8,500,000 more cap space than they were anticipating. I'm not suggesting it would be easy to stay competitive with such a scenario in 2016, but it isn't the absolute calamity the media would have you believe.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpta2mdvjmtg2yjnmymm3njbmmtk4ymzkoda4ymm0yzdj.jpeg
AP
The Minnesota Vikings continue to insist that Adrian Peterson is not going anywhere.

Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman said today that despite widespread speculation that Peterson could be traded, that’s simply not going to happen.

“We can just end the Adrian Peterson stuff. Our position has not changed since all of the statements we made down at the owners’ meetings. Adrian Peterson is under contract, his suspension was lifted, we’re looking forward to having Adrian Peterson as a Minnesota Viking in 2015. That’s the end of the story. That’s it,” Spielman said.

Spielman reiterated comments from coach Mike Zimmer that the Vikings expect Peterson to be their starting running back this year.

“I think coach Zimmer made it clear that we have no interest in trading Adrian Peterson. We don’t. Adrian made a mistake, he’s paid a price for that mistake, but I think if this organization didn’t believe in Adrian Peterson, he probably wouldn’t be here today. I know we believe in Adrian Peterson, but I also know that we’re a pretty good football team with Adrian Peterson in our backfield as well,” Spielman said.

This might not be “the end of the story” as Spielman claims, but it certainly seems like the story is going to end with Peterson in a Vikings uniform in 2015.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Still seems like he could be a Cowboy..:lol:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpta2mdvjmtg2yjnmymm3njbmmtk4ymzkoda4ymm0yzdj.jpeg
AP
The Minnesota Vikings continue to insist that Adrian Peterson is not going anywhere.

Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman said today that despite widespread speculation that Peterson could be traded, that’s simply not going to happen.

“We can just end the Adrian Peterson stuff. Our position has not changed since all of the statements we made down at the owners’ meetings. Adrian Peterson is under contract, his suspension was lifted, we’re looking forward to having Adrian Peterson as a Minnesota Viking in 2015. That’s the end of the story. That’s it,” Spielman said.

Spielman reiterated comments from coach Mike Zimmer that the Vikings expect Peterson to be their starting running back this year.

“I think coach Zimmer made it clear that we have no interest in trading Adrian Peterson. We don’t. Adrian made a mistake, he’s paid a price for that mistake, but I think if this organization didn’t believe in Adrian Peterson, he probably wouldn’t be here today. I know we believe in Adrian Peterson, but I also know that we’re a pretty good football team with Adrian Peterson in our backfield as well,” Spielman said.

This might not be “the end of the story” as Spielman claims, but it certainly seems like the story is going to end with Peterson in a Vikings uniform in 2015.
:bullshit:

:dhd:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP

Has Spielman cleared this with Greg and Mike Fisher?

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Spielman cleared this with Greg and Mike Fisher?

You Yahoos here need to seriously grow up. So I'm the one that keep posting about AP here?? Sure.

Spielman also insisted that he wasn't trading Percy Harvin either, and then traded him weeks later lol. What do expect him to say?...AP is up for fire sale just before the draft?? Simplistic minds, sometimes these are just tailor made comments for Reactionary Fanboys like you kids, ever thought about that and just maybe his team is possibly trying to increase his trade value here as well right before the draft? Is that even possible? Maybe. Or, they could be serious about keeping him and paying a disgruntled player $13Mil for the season....in which I've always stated here as a real possibility also (but again, let's all just leave that part out here again to make Greg the poster look silly). I think though that if AP is serious about wanting out however, he can make life miserable for the Vikes organization whether you want to believe that here or not, and he will eventually force a move at some point, only then with considerably less trade value...but's that's just me here I guess.

AP was also asked about coming to Dallas at the Rockets game last night as well, and how did he respond?? "It would be nice, I've got family here, my Dad's here. But I'm under contract, so we'll see"...."it's out of my hands". So does this sound like someone that just wants to return to the Vikes, and is just using all this as some contract ploy"?? Maybe. But of course you bozos will conveniently leave that part out here. This is also the first time ever that Spielman and team has ever come out and said that they weren't trading AP as well after all this time...remember, they only stated that they had "no plans to trade AP", at the owner's meetings lol.

If you all wasn't so busy trying to mock me here at every chance you get, because of my superior intelligence and post thoughts I'm sure, you would be able to look at ANY situation more objectively imo, instead of just trying to prove me wrong here about something all the time lol. Will AP be traded on draft day? Who really knows, but to act like Spielman and his team are men of their words on just face value, in a situation where AP is clearly not happy being there and can cause them some real problems down the road if he's not moved and continues to be unhappy (I don't care what Spielman and team management wants because of a contract, AP still has to play for them), and that they haven't tried to pump up player trade value before in their past, is just being plain naive for your cause. I believe that this all comes down to whether AP is serious about wanting out of there, and how feel he is willing to go to make that happen. Does this team still need a proven RB??..you bet your ass they do.

Btw, I would believe ANYTHING Mike Fisher had to say over any of you Yahoos here with his inside connections with team. Is he always right?? No, but who really is?

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Yahoos here need to seriously grow up. So I'm the one that keep posting about AP here?? Sure.

Spielman also insisted that he wasn't trading Percy Harvin either, and then traded him weeks later lol. What do expect him to say?...AP is up for fire sale just before the draft?? Simplistic minds, sometimes these are just tailor made comments for Reactionary Fanboys like you kids, ever thought about that and just maybe his team is possibly trying to increase his trade value here as well right before the draft? Is that even possible? Maybe. Or, they could be serious about keeping him and paying a disgruntled player $13Mil for the season....in which I've always stated here as a real possibility also (but again, let's all just leave that part out here again to make Greg the poster look silly). I think though that if AP is serious about wanting out however, he can make life miserable for the Vikes organization whether you want to believe that here or not, and he will eventually force a move at some point, only then with considerably less trade value...but's that's just me here I guess.

AP was also asked about coming to Dallas at the Rockets game last night as well, and how did he respond?? "It would be nice, I've got family here, my Dad's here. But I'm under contract, so we'll see"...."it's out of my hands". So does this sound like someone that just wants to return to the Vikes, and is just using all this as some contract ploy"?? Maybe. But of course you bozos will conveniently leave that part out here. This is also the first time ever that Spielman and team has ever come out and said that they weren't trading AP as well after all this time...remember, they only stated that they had "no plans to trade AP", at the owner's meetings lol.

If you all wasn't so busy trying to mock me here at every chance you get, because of my superior intelligence and post thoughts I'm sure, you would be able to look at ANY situation more objectively imo, instead of just trying to prove me wrong here about something all the time lol. Will AP be traded on draft day? Who really knows, but to act like Spielman and his team are men of their words on just face value, in a situation where AP is clearly not happy being there and can cause them some real problems down the road if he's not moved and continues to be unhappy (I don't care what Spielman and team management wants because of a contract, AP still has to play for them), and that they haven't tried to pump up player trade value before in their past, is just being plain naive for your cause. I believe that this all comes down to whether AP is serious about wanting out of there, and how feel he is willing to go to make that happen. Does this team still need a proven RB??..you bet your ass they do.

Btw, I would believe ANYTHING Mike Fisher had to say over any of you Yahoos here with his inside connections with team. Is he always right?? No, but who really is?
Your " Superior Intelligence" lol. I knew you weren't Frye. You're Khan

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ou Yahoos here need to seriously grow up. So I'm the one that keep posting about AP here??

Yes. Yes you are.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh. Jerry was on the radio today, saying that he's willing to trade their 2016 1st round pick for the "right guy..." :dhd:

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Cardinals are going to make a huge push for AP because they took David Johnson in the draft and hopefully Ellington will stay healthy.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not totally convinced YET that the stable of backs Dallas currently has is good enough to get the job done, BUT I don't think they necessarily need AP either, especially for the price he would command both in trade compensation and salary. I think they can and probably will pick up an affordable veteran back to add to their 'committee' before all is said and done this off-season. If they are going to burn next year's first, I would prefer they use it on another solid young D-lineman to add to the other pieces they've acquired this off-season. If they can improve this defense significantly, they don't need their running game to be all-world in order to succeed.

But, I predict another disappointment in the Big D this season. What makes it unfortunate is that it doesn't have to be. Dallas lost last year because of the defense, not the offense and it's going to be repeat of that again this season.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not totally convinced YET that the stable of backs Dallas currently has is good enough to get the job done, BUT I don't think they necessarily need AP either, especially for the price he would command both in trade compensation and salary. I think they can and probably will pick up an affordable veteran back to add to their 'committee' before all is said and done this off-season. If they are going to burn next year's first, I would prefer they use it on another solid young D-lineman to add to the other pieces they've acquired this off-season. If they can improve this defense significantly, they don't need their running game to be all-world in order to succeed.

But, I predict another disappointment in the Big D this season. What makes it unfortunate is that it doesn't have to be. Dallas lost last year because of the defense, not the offense and it's going to be repeat of that again this season.

The only way I see the offense not repeating last year is if we are wrong about the OL. An average back will look like a pro bowler running with these guys in front on him.