• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting metrics on the 5 remaining undefeated teams

LambeauRambo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Factoring in SOS with playoff teams Im getting

2014 Seattle (almost but no)
2013 New Orleans (no)
2012 Baltimore (yes)
2011 Giants (yes)
2010 Jets (no)
2009 Patriots (no)
2008 Ravens (no)
2007 Giants (yes)
2006 Colts (yes)
2005 Steelers (yes)

So it appears to be 50/50. Its also a flawed stat how Im getting it because it measures SOS after the playoffs not before the playoffs so 1 or 2 of those 'yes' results might be 'no' and vice versa.

Unless you have a 99% formula in which case why aren't you stinking rich?

That's not how it's done, by SOS. I'll have to dig it up. I have it on another old hard drive. But it basically takes all the teams finishing records and looks at the conferences as a whole. I'm not a gambler so I only have been watching it and must admit that the last two seasons I didn't see the results. It was put together by a friend of mine an insurance actuary, numbers/odds guy. The idea came up when discussing the best teams that had won the Super Bowl and we noticed that the '72 Dolphins had only beaten played two teams with a winning record during the season, while the '85 Bears had to beat many teams with much higher winning percentages and then win the Super Bowl.
I'll find the stats and post, might take few days to find.

LambeauRambo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not how it's done, by SOS. I'll have to dig it up. I have it on another old hard drive. But it basically takes all the teams finishing records and looks at the conferences as a whole. I'm not a gambler so I only have been watching it and must admit that the last two seasons I didn't see the results. It was put together by a friend of mine an insurance actuary, numbers/odds guy. The idea came up when discussing the best teams that had won the Super Bowl and we noticed that the '72 Dolphins had only beaten played two teams with a winning record during the season, while the '85 Bears had to beat many teams with much higher winning percentages and then win the Super Bowl.
I'll find the stats and post, might take few days to find.

OK, I found the information. I don't want to derail this thread and I am to new here to start a new topic. I don't want to post just to get my post count up. I'll try and figure out how to do this without derailing the OP.