• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Comments By Russell Wilson

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he would be willing to relocate if the Seahawks don't meet him at an acceptable point ( in his opinion) in the contract negotiations. But odds are Seattle is going to do what it takes to keep him there.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect him to be a homer at all. This is his job. I wouldn't leave millions of dollars on the table out of some sense of loyalty unless I've already made a shit ton of it. This is his big pay day. I never understood why people call guys who get as much as they can greedy or disloyal when they do exactly what everyone else does when negotiating salary.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just being smart, He can't act like their is NO chance he would ever go anywhere else, that weakens his position...

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I don't think there's a chance the Seahawks don't extend him. I just thought his choice of words were interesting. He is treating it with class in my opinion. Speak the truth and show up to work. Dude seems like a solid professional.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I don't think there's a chance the Seahawks don't extend him. I just thought his choice of words were interesting. He is treating it with class in my opinion. Speak the truth and show up to work. Dude seems like a solid professional.

Much to see about nothing. Ahhh silly season. What's next, RW hasn't taken a duece today. FRONT PAGE NEWS!

If you listen to the entire interview the questions right before this one were about him leaving NC St for Wisconsin, and when he answered this he brought it all back to that. It's a negotiation, what do you expect him to say? "Im going to stay in seattle no matter what, ill play for free"

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know where he would be a great fit?

philly.

i could see that working in kellys system.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing how many contracts end up getting done in the last minute. Teams and players/agents are in no rush usually to get a deal done. They want to see who will blink first in these negotiations. Usually the team has the most power as they have the FT they can use if needed so players usually cave long before a team will but I could see this being one of those that gets done at the last minute. They don't seem like they are very close on numbers and usually once the season starts most negotiations stop.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know where he would be a great fit?

philly.

i could see that working in kellys system.

Perhaps. He's also been a pretty good fit in Seattle, which is why I doubt that he's going anywhere. Besides, don't the Eagles already have about six QBs?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much to see about nothing. Ahhh silly season. What's next, RW hasn't taken a duece today. FRONT PAGE NEWS!

If you listen to the entire interview the questions right before this one were about him leaving NC St for Wisconsin, and when he answered this he brought it all back to that. It's a negotiation, what do you expect him to say? "Im going to stay in seattle no matter what, ill play for free"

Couldn't find a better NFL forum?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing how many contracts end up getting done in the last minute. Teams and players/agents are in no rush usually to get a deal done. They want to see who will blink first in these negotiations. Usually the team has the most power as they have the FT they can use if needed so players usually cave long before a team will but I could see this being one of those that gets done at the last minute. They don't seem like they are very close on numbers and usually once the season starts most negotiations stop.

I think it's pretty true of negotiations in general, not just NFL contract negotiations, that deals tend to be struck nearer to than further from the deadline. Makes sense, since both sides have an incentive to reach an agreement, yet both also want to push for its own advantage as much as possible.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. He's also been a pretty good fit in Seattle, which is why I doubt that he's going anywhere. Besides, don't the Eagles already have about six QBs?
2015-04-21-TebowEagles.png

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a funny cartoon, but it reminds me of how I've wondered whether the "injury prone" label accurately describes Bradford. The few games that I saw him play for the Rams, he was pretty much running for his life as soon as the ball was snapped. Not sure how many QBs could have avoided injury under those circumstances. I'm very interested to see how he does in Philly. Won't be surprised if he surprises his critics.