• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

interesting Brady article that speaks to his playoff decline...

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he's egging you on like I am? :D

But yes I am partially serious too. You and fans of other teams seem to make a big deal out of beating the Patriots. It must be something special, right? :nod:

The Ravens certainly have won some big playoff games against the Pats but they've also lost some big ones too. You seem to ignore those with big blinders on for some reason.

Maybe I OP'd this whole thread and was egging all you and others from NE like u? :pound:

But u guys are wayyyyy too smart for that....

and NE fans never mention his 49.1 QBR game. I wonder why?

Last edited:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tgann, weren't you leading the we have real football to talk about campaign?

...followed by more Brady nut sweating :L

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tgann, weren't you leading the we have real football to talk about campaign?

...followed by more Brady nut sweating :L

Oddly enough I don't remember seeing you comment on Strongo's obligatory nut sweating begging for negative Flacco comments thread "is Flacco elite 2nd tier, or a bottom feeder"...

Did I miss that and if so please point me to it.:noidea:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't bitching about Brady threads.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and fwiw, his thread is a poll. A poll that overwhelmingly says that Flacco's not elite.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it, that a guy who hates the Patriots and Tom Brady as much as Tgann, starts a thread about him? Yeah, it's a negative thread based on a negative newspaper article written in Boston.

The embarrassing thing is that immediately following the article, Brady disproved the authors logic by winning two AFC Playiff games and the Superbowl. Then the naysayers point out that Brady didn't throw many downfield passes, he dinked and dunked. So what? He completes 67% of his passes and 90% of those are under 5 yards. Yet he threw what, 10% of those passes for completions in the end zone.

End result.....Win, ACCG win, Superbowl win.

We'll get a chance to see how much Brady has declined since the Superbowl, whether he takes the field on Sept. 10 or in October...........While Tgann may think Flacco is the GOAT, there are about 28-30 other NFL that would give their left nut to have 38 year old Tom Brady starting at QB for them..............

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes heaving long passes is the really the only thing a QB is supposed to do in football games.

Since when did a pass that gets caught 10-12 yards beyond the LOS become defined as a long pass? I'm not talking about passes 30+ yards downfield. I'm not even talking 20+ yards downfield.

People forget that it's much harder to sustain long drives when you concentrate on the short passing game. As if defenses don't know what to do against that type of offense. :L

I'm not forgetting that. I'm simply saying I wasn't as impressed with the dink and dunk passes Brady was throwing. As I was with the Pats pass catchers who consistently made the first man miss. To pick up the necessary yardage for 1st downs to sustain said long drives.

i.e. if it was so easy why doesn't every team do it.

I didn't say it was easy. And I imagine why most teams don't do it is because their pass catchers wouldn't be able to consistently beat a Sea defense. That's both physical and good tackling like Pats pass catchers did for 1st down yardage necessary to sustain those drives. Most teams WRs would've went the Torii Holt/Issac Bruce route. Catch pass, turn n see defender, fall straight to the ground like they just got shot in the head by an assassin. And of Vereen's 64 receiving yards, 61 yards came after catch.

Taking a team down 10 late in the Superbowl to victory was a big deal.

Agreed. I was simply more impressed with the part Pats pass catchers played than I was with the part Brady played in the comeback.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is the king of small ball, and engineering long sustained drives. Nothing with wrong with that. Eventually, when playing good defenses you will need to just settle down, not look for big play and take what the defense is giving you. Take Rodgers as a comparison, as good as he is, you take away the big play and he's very beatable.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rock Strongo OPs a thread that is still on the board named:

Joe Flacco Elite, second tier, or bottom feeder?

So using ur analogy I'm guessing Strongo and NE fans are so desperate and so bad and seeking desperation hat he must post about Flacco in an effort to to make gems elves feel better?

Or is what u just wrote from a homers perspective and u ignore when NE fans constantly do this and prompt this and only when NE and Brady are the target is it wrong?

Hmmm?
Tgann! Type slowly and lay off the sauce.......

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure his head was in his hands right before Butler makes the int.

there is ur MVP.

That's what I said from the get go....It doesn't matter how good or bad the rest of the team played, without that play by Butler, they lose the game period....How much more valuable could any play be than that ?

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be interesting. Still not convinced on the O though.

Gonna be fun to watch... I honk ur guys D is gonna be a great yet for us and the fast pace O I'll give us fits....

Tuff crowd around here.... Throw up a thread about Brady and these assholes are calling there family members to meet at the local Americn Legion for a seance...lol

:pound:

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I said from the get go....It doesn't matter how good or bad the rest of the team played, without that play by Butler, they lose the game period....How much more valuable could any play be than that ?

We get it. They get it.

But if they act like they get it the delusion of him being great and not mediocre and old is gone.

Poof.:exploding:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to stick with the excuses? Fair enough.
You do realize, making excuses for why the Patriots are Superbowl Champions, has the opposite effect you are looking for?????

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to stick with the excuses? Fair enough.
You do realize, making excuses for why the Patriots are Superbowl Champions, has the opposite effect you are looking for?????

What has turned you into a sensitive Sally all of a sudden...No excuses, that's my opinion, and of course if it don't match a Pats fan, it's haters, excuses and liars....
Eat your fill brother !!! :rolleyes2:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has turned you into a sensitive Sally all of a sudden...No excuses, that's my opinion, and of course if it don't match a Pats fan, it's haters, excuses and liars....
Eat your fill brother !!! :rolleyes2:
Who's being sensitive. Look at my post and then read yours.....

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when did a pass that gets caught 10-12 yards beyond the LOS become defined as a long pass? I'm not talking about passes 30+ yards downfield. I'm not even talking 20+ yards downfield.

You take what the defenses give you. Seattle's pass defense is pretty good.

I'm not forgetting that. I'm simply saying I wasn't as impressed with the dink and dunk passes Brady was throwing. As I was with the Pats pass catchers who consistently made the first man miss. To pick up the necessary yardage for 1st downs to sustain said long drives.

Sure, It's definitely a team game, receivers, oline, coaching. it still goes through the QB and I think people under-appreciate the difficulty of sustaining a drive that way. There are just that many more plays that have to go well for 80+ yds drives like that to work.

I didn't say it was easy. And I imagine why most teams don't do it is because their pass catchers wouldn't be able to consistently beat a Sea defense.

So yeah, it's important for WR to get open and the QB to get the ball to him when he's open. The window is usually pretty small.

That's both physical and good tackling like Pats pass catchers did for 1st down yardage necessary to sustain those drives. Most teams WRs would've went the Torii Holt/Issac Bruce route. Catch pass, turn n see defender, fall straight to the ground like they just got shot in the head by an assassin. And of Vereen's 64 receiving yards, 61 yards came after catch.

Agreed. I was simply more impressed with the part Pats pass catchers played than I was with the part Brady played in the comeback.

The WRs played definitely played well. Edelman was certainly worthy of the MVP but I think Brady was worthy too.